EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Ebay FMIC's actually perform well?! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/226990-ebay-fmics-actually-perform-well.html)

Spooldyou Oct 3, 2006 03:22 PM

ya, there great, works great buddy has on on his DSM, So far so good. putting down about 380 with little heatsoak.

BBYBruno Oct 3, 2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
yep, but you won't get that response from most people on evom because everyone here is in bed with buschur/ams and they won't admit the product good for obvious reasons

:lol:

zlancer Oct 3, 2006 03:31 PM

i have one on my turbo minivan...works great!

AlwaysinBoost Oct 3, 2006 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rcebowl
LOL! right that "fixes" the lost boost...

but there's a difference between your turbo pushing out 24 psi and you only getting 21 psi in your intakemanifold

you'd run your tubro harder and hotter in which you would lose efficiency. yes you "might" not lose that much efficiency.. but you have to think... if you end up using lets say alky ... your turbo would have to push out 29 psi just to get the 26psi that u would normally want... which would put you WAY over the efficiency of your turbo and you would end up jsut blowing out hot air...

but then again this is just IMHO

turning up the boost, on a MBC, like the guy you quoted said, is EXACTLY what you should be doing when you add any more efficent part to your car. That is how you realize the gains.

Brian Oct 3, 2006 03:59 PM

Is there any factual data posted in that thread or is it mostly opinions? I just took a quick glance and didn't see anything that stood out. I'm just wondering if there's something specifically you want us to see.

sonicnofadz Oct 3, 2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brian_H
Is there any factual data posted in that thread or is it mostly opinions? I just took a quick glance and didn't see anything that stood out. I'm just wondering if there's something specifically you want us to see.

Check posts: #796, #1039, #1024, #1141, #1188, #1201, #1244, #1311 just to name a few. I could of found more, however the thread has over 1600 posts. It seems that many people report having low knock counts, better times at the drag strip, made ALOT of power on the dyno, and had cooler intake temps. I don't think anyone did a direct comaprison to Buschur's or AMS's core, but I can't imagine they would do much better. It is thought that AMS and Buschur's cores have more fins (more surface area) in between the bars, so they may cool little better (maybe) but by how much I have no idea. It definitely seems like the XS power core is of good value (performance/dollar).

Evoryder Oct 3, 2006 06:24 PM

i'm all for saving...i have meth...i might invest in one of these for cosmetic purposes and efficiency...i have dual stage meth so...i'm cool as is...just don't like the look of the stock cooler anymore... :p only a 150bux

hondafan Oct 3, 2006 06:37 PM

i was thinking about buying one of those before, i'd like to see a dyno/datalog comparison between it and AMS' since that's what it's copied from.

AlwaysinBoost Oct 3, 2006 07:06 PM

i've compared the AMS core to my 'ebay' core and visually I can't tell the difference, they look identical... my guess is that they are the same core.

sonicnofadz Oct 3, 2006 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
i've compared the AMS core to my 'ebay' core and visually I can't tell the difference, they look identical... my guess is that they are the same core.

How many fins are there (per length) in each core? I doubt the AMS core is the same.

Zeus Oct 3, 2006 10:44 PM

Of course the DSM guys think they are great, look what they have to start with vs us. They might be a good bang for the buck, but Geeze, I'd not go comparing them to the top of the line units. I'd be willing to bet there is a notable difference in the performance of the cores. Again, for the buck though, how bad can they be?

I'll try to look at the posts, but that IS a mess to look through.

blakevo8 Oct 3, 2006 10:54 PM

pics

any pics on the car?

WTF_LOL Oct 3, 2006 10:56 PM

besides effecincy, can anybody that has purchased one of these "cheap" IC's comment on fitment and build quality?

Rcebowl Oct 3, 2006 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
turning up the boost, on a MBC, like the guy you quoted said, is EXACTLY what you should be doing when you add any more efficent part to your car. That is how you realize the gains.

lol not is this case! your LOSING efficicency! he's talking about turning up the boost bc of boost LOST throughout the intercooler... which is BAD

krafty Oct 4, 2006 04:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the XS Power FMIC and its fits and works great. The welds and craftmanship are great. The only modification I had to make was to bend the top bracket slightly and then it bolted up perfectly. I didn't have any pressure drop, or need to turn up my boost w/ my MBC. It made a big difference over the stocker with the heat here in FL. Several others down here are using the same one.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...id=97292&stc=1
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...id=97293&stc=1