EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Ebay FMIC testing (data log lab dyno) vs Stock FMIC (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/258830-ebay-fmic-testing-data-log-lab-dyno-vs-stock-fmic.html)

Curt@MrLed Mar 21, 2007 05:58 AM

wow is your english horrible....

4 tun good job...

mudduck Mar 21, 2007 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by tkklemann (Post 4110682)
A perfect example is the Megan Exhaust I purchased from a vendor online here.

I also have the Megan exhaust, and I used the $300 I saved by not going with one of the big name Evo companies' exhausts towards buying a Megan O2 housing, a cone filter, and a Jestr tune. Now something tells me I walked with the best bang-for-the-buck {thumbup}

You know the Megan exhaust is good when: vendors who claim to be testing it against their 'superior' exhaust always seem to leave the cat or some kind of necked-down resonator on while testing the Megan; then they slap on the test pipe while testing their exhaust... :rolleyes:

deadbeatrec Mar 21, 2007 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Spooldyou (Post 4110731)
i dunno, spending 150 Vs. 700 is alot easier to explain to my wife! Dont get me wrong, im all for Made in the USA but when i bought my turbokit, we didnt have sex for weeks!

go buy her some American made toys and some Japan made toys, see which ones she likes better. {thumbup} pics of the test are welcomed. haha

evocanival Mar 21, 2007 06:32 AM

I really don't think there was anyone doubting that the ebay unit would make power. It was more on the basis of whose would make more.

Also, the comment about our cars being ``Japanese, and they make better products`` is ironic. The Japanese dont produce these products, china does! If you want Japanese stuff, you better be willing to pay as much, or probably more then the U.S. market.

Companies like HKS, Mines, Amuse, they all make great products and charge alot.

Sorry if i went off topic, but big thanks for the info, and time to make this post.

deadbeatrec Mar 21, 2007 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by evocanival (Post 4110828)
I really don't think there was anyone doubting that the ebay unit would make power. It was more on the basis of whose would make more.

Also, the comment about our cars being ``Japanese, and they make better products`` is ironic. The Japanese dont produce these products, china does! If you want Japanese stuff, you better be willing to pay as much, or probably more then the U.S. market.

Companies like HKS, Mines, Amuse, they all make great products and charge alot.

Sorry if i went off topic, but big thanks for the info, and time to make this post.

word. i want to see the fake ebay ams vs the real AMS.

4TUN8 Mar 21, 2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe (Post 4110514)
Did boost go up with ebay core? what where ambient temps? how many cooling rows on cooler? 15 or 17?

Boost stayed the same. 15 row intercooler.

When you are talking about having to pull timing, are you talking about the stock FMIC? So you ran the ebay one first and then put on the stocker?

I'm also curious which ebay unit you have. Thx
No, I saw some knock on the ebay unit, it might be because of increased airflow, the wideband was leaner.

Did you install the ebay LICP or UICP as well or were they already on the car on your baseline test? Reason I'm asking is a LICP alone could produce those gains right?
Thanks for the testing!!!
The only thing that was changed was the intercooler, all pipes and couplers remained the same.

i dunno, spending 150 Vs. 700 is alot easier to explain to my wife! Dont get me wrong, im all for Made in the USA but when i bought my turbokit, we didnt have sex for weeks!
Mine is the opposite, I have to put out more hah =p

I also have the Megan exhaust, and I used the $300 I saved by not going with one of the big name Evo companies' exhausts towards buying a Megan O2 housing, a cone filter, and a Jestr tune. Now something tells me I walked with the best bang-for-the-buck {thumbup}

You know the Megan exhaust is good when: vendors who claim to be testing it against their 'superior' exhaust always seem to leave the cat or some kind of necked-down resonator on while testing the Megan; then they slap on the test pipe while testing their exhaust... :rolleyes:
I agree, but I have nothing to gain by showing these results, I'm not selling anything, in all honesty I wish it wouldnt have made power.

word. i want to see the fake ebay ams vs the real AMS.
Send me the real unit and I'll get right on that :cool:

Willie Dynamite Mar 21, 2007 08:47 AM

I love the "support American products" argument. Hello, you drive a Japanese car. If you truly gave a **** about "supporting American products" you would have spent that $30k on an American built car.

value Mar 21, 2007 08:53 AM

+2 Drive a cobra with american flag and piss on chevy stickers.

Nesiop Mar 21, 2007 08:54 AM

Hence my sig.

EvO6-RS2 Mar 21, 2007 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite (Post 4111262)
I love the "support American products" argument. Hello, you drive a Japanese car. If you truly gave a **** about "supporting American products" you would have spent that $30k on an American build car.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

High_PSI Mar 21, 2007 11:18 AM

Interestign Thread. I have decided that I dont want to put ebay parts on my Evo yet I simply cannot afford the parts I want such as the AMS unit and so on.

So I am staying stock for now :(

4TUN8 Mar 21, 2007 12:48 PM

staying stock isn't a bad option, especially on an evo IX, I don't think anyone will fault you for that.

EVO8emUp Mar 21, 2007 01:12 PM

Not all companies in China employ children.

KOEvo Mar 21, 2007 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by High_PSI (Post 4111877)
Interestign Thread. I have decided that I dont want to put ebay parts on my Evo yet I simply cannot afford the parts I want such as the AMS unit and so on.

So I am staying stock for now :(

+1

Brian Mar 21, 2007 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 4TUN8 (Post 4112285)
staying stock isn't a bad option, especially on an evo IX, I don't think anyone will fault you for that.

{thumbup} I drove my buddies IX MR, first car I really liked stock. . .