EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   HKS Carbon Ti cat-back INSTALLED!!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/27935-hks-carbon-ti-cat-back-installed.html)

Coolguy949 Jun 24, 2003 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even the forklift is a Mitsubishi! A sign of true passion!!!!

Coolguy949 Jun 24, 2003 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Coolguy949 Jun 24, 2003 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last pic...

DB8GSR Jun 24, 2003 05:31 PM

Looks good mang! :yum: Got any other shots from the rear while the car isn't on the lift?

Do you know if the HKS' Hyper catback exhaust has been released for the US Evo yet? :dunno:

ReHeat Jun 24, 2003 05:31 PM

Niiiiiiice!!!
Have you dyno the car before and after? How much hp gain do you get from this setup? How is the sound compare to stock? How much did the whole thing cost you?

AbusiveWombat Jun 24, 2003 05:31 PM

How's the exhaust? is it loud? what did the setup cost?

is300 Jun 24, 2003 08:11 PM

look very nice

IS2000 Jun 24, 2003 08:29 PM

I tried to pm u, but the server doesn't work now. If you don't mind, can you send me an e-mail on how much the total cost came to, including the muffler?
Thanks
ikulanet@hotmail.com

edit... if you don't mind, can I go hear your exhaust sometimes?

DA-Evo Jun 24, 2003 08:51 PM

very nice

SeanWantsEvo Jun 24, 2003 09:08 PM

Sheesh rob, NICE.. gotta let me feel how it hums noW!!! Whens the soonest you can come over... haha!

BLKEVO8 Jun 24, 2003 09:15 PM

Wow and Wow I am very impressed you have set a new level for exhaust systems. Conrats.

Coolguy949 Jun 24, 2003 09:19 PM

Pricing is complicated because it was a custom. Basically I bought the HKS muffler for around 300, the work at RMR was 430 for turbonawd's (250 for mid section + 3 hours in labor) and 370 for me (mid section + 2 hours labor since it was easier the 2nd time around) . We split the labor so that I would absorb some of the R&D time taken on the first exhaust. Basically it was about 400 for the work at RMR + the muffler. So, depending on what you can get the muffler for you're looking at 675 - 750 for the job. If anyone is interested in the muffler talk to me. I've noticed most of you responding are local so that would really help you guys out on shipping (~$25 normally).

The sounds is good, sounds very mean and deep. I really like it. With the windows down it rumbles even more. With the windows up it's not much louder than stock. If I drive with the windows down for a while I sometimes get a little ringing in my ears. I'm sure I have to get use)d to it. Whoever wants to meet up with me or Robert (turbonawd) feel free to message me. We have a meet on the first sunday of July so I'm planning on showing it off there I guess. :) As you can tell, i'm very excited.

RMR is really a great place to have work done. Top notch is the least that can be said of how they work. They really put a lot of care in everything they do there. I was there for over 6 hours waiting because mine was 2nd in line so I was able to see how they work there. Their parts are high quality. THeir hard pipe kit is wonderful. It literally weighs close to nothing. I was really baffled when I picked up the upper intercooler pipe. It was light as a feather. Now I see why it's so expensive.

Anyways....... to sum everything up........ i'm really happy with the exhaust. Looks great, sounds great, the evo definately pulls harder on the top end. Overall, very pleased with RMR and the exhaust.

Rob

EvoJimbo Jun 24, 2003 09:26 PM

Coolguy sorry to burst ur bubble but becareful wit teh carbon fiber muffler. My friend had it a long while on his WRX and it started peeling. It was the HKS Car-Ti exhaust system. Just letting you know. That set up is HOT!!!!

Coolguy949 Jun 24, 2003 09:29 PM

Frank at RMR warned me of the same thing. If it starts peeling or anything i'll have a talk with HKS about it.

turbonawd Jun 24, 2003 09:39 PM

very smooth exhaust tone and not excessively loud @WOT

I can't be more >mofo< happy with the exhaust. {thumbup}

like Coolguy says.. its one baaaaaaaadmothermofo!