EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   How much power will my setup make [Mega Merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/459017-how-much-power-will-my-setup-make-mega-merge.html)

Boostfiend Jan 4, 2010 11:17 AM

I don't like posting in this section because not that many people visit it. I understand why it was moved but posting here will take days for responses to come through.

ChinoXL05 Jan 7, 2010 08:15 PM

why doesn't someone knowledgeable make a "how to" thread for "how to get 400whp" or "how to get 450 or 500...etc.

of course the hp ratings would be approximate, but would help to inform noobs like myself of all the things(including the little ones) to safely achieve a certain hp level. I know these lists would vary slightly between VIII's and IX's.

my friend has an srt-4 and they have a sticky thread on how to get 300whp on the stock turbo.

there has to be plenty of experienced shop owners that could make close estimates of what mods would be needed.

mannerism Jan 8, 2010 06:25 AM

^^^ a very good advice

tscompusa2 Jan 8, 2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ChinoXL05 (Post 7867015)
why doesn't someone knowledgeable make a "how to" thread for "how to get 400whp" or "how to get 450 or 500...etc.

of course the hp ratings would be approximate, but would help to inform noobs like myself of all the things(including the little ones) to safely achieve a certain hp level. I know these lists would vary slightly between VIII's and IX's.

my friend has an srt-4 and they have a sticky thread on how to get 300whp on the stock turbo.

there has to be plenty of experienced shop owners that could make close estimates of what mods would be needed.

400whp+ can be achieved easily by

fp green / bbk
3" TBE
Forge rs bov
Hallman pro mbc
Walbro255
880 inj
LICP

Thats basically all it takes. a non restrictive exhaust + enough fuel delivery + more airflow (bigger turbo) + proper tuning + no boost leaks

Then for tuning

ECUFlash
Tephra mod
Evoscan + datacable
Wideband

Then id put tbolts on the piping for reassurance.

you could probably hit 400 on stock evo 9 turbo also with good cams added to the list.

Spoolin69 Jan 9, 2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 7867807)
400whp+ can be achieved easily by

fp green / bbk
3" TBE
Forge rs bov
Hallman pro mbc
Walbro255
880 inj
LICP

Thats basically all it takes. a non restrictive exhaust + enough fuel delivery + more airflow (bigger turbo) + proper tuning + no boost leaks

Then for tuning

ECUFlash
Tephra mod
Evoscan + datacable
Wideband

Then id put tbolts on the piping for reassurance.

you could probably hit 400 on stock evo 9 turbo also with good cams added to the list.

This is a great start.

On DSMTalk.com they also have a stickey on how to get 400 HP. Perhaps the powers that be could do that here as well.

-Shane

mannerism Jan 10, 2010 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Boostfiend (Post 7852918)
2006 Evolution IX MR 30k on the motor.
How much should I make on my current setup with an FP Black.

TBE 3" exhaust
Ported turbo manifold
DNP port 02 housing
DTM 3.5" FMIC
ETS IC piping (ordering soon)
Ported intake manifold
ported/blueprinted head
Cosworth M3's (280/272)
will be getting 65mm throttle body
stock block

I know I'll need injectors to complete my setup but just want to know how much I should expect. Trying to decide between getting an HTA35R kit or an FP Black. The car is being built for track and weekend street cruises. It is not a daily driver for the most part.

excellent

ChinoXL05 Jan 28, 2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin69 (Post 7872737)
This is a great start.

On DSMTalk.com they also have a stickey on how to get 400 HP. Perhaps the powers that be could do that here as well.

-Shane

yea, lets get a list for 500whp up here.

Boostfiend Jan 28, 2010 04:45 PM

I'm slowing finding out that 500whp requires a built motor, especially if you're asking for that much power on a mustang dyno. I have every supporting mod to make 500whp on a mustang dyno, but I'm afraid the torque is going to kill my stock 2.0L.

Rotten Egg Jan 28, 2010 05:02 PM

great info...

1slowassevo Jan 28, 2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Boostfiend (Post 7935300)
I'm slowing finding out that 500whp requires a built motor, especially if you're asking for that much power on a mustang dyno. I have every supporting mod to make 500whp on a mustang dyno, but I'm afraid the torque is going to kill my stock 2.0L.

My friend made 620 whp on pump gas at 31psi...Also 500 whp is fine on a stock block with a good tune.

Boostfiend Jan 28, 2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1slowassevo (Post 7935363)
My friend made 620 whp on pump gas at 31psi...Also 500 whp is fine on a stock block with a good tune.

Your friend is on borrowed time. and is that on a mustang or a dynojet? how many miles? It's not about tune you can't beat physics.

Rotten Egg Jan 28, 2010 05:39 PM

^whats the "standard" for safe whp/wtq on a stock block?

Boostfiend Jan 28, 2010 05:49 PM

Most would say no more than 400wtq on a mustang dyno. It's about the material and manufacturing processes. I'm pretty sure that the stock rods are cast steel and the FCC structure of the material is not strong enough to handle more tq for endured use.

Hp should not matter (of course proper tuning plays a role), but with hp you are going to make tq and tq = force x area and thus eventually the connecting rod will snap. It' sees bending forces and that's why when you exam a broken con rod it usually has an angle leading up to the broken part. I blew my first motor on 420wtq btw.

Rotten Egg Jan 28, 2010 05:56 PM

good to know, im debating replacing rods and pistons and arp bolts for first mods...cylinder walls should be good for a good while right? trying to get a fast DD but make sure i get longevity also. its tough going from a little civic hatch to an evo...anything over 200 whp is fast for a civic lol

thanks for the info!

detroit pistins Jan 28, 2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Boostfiend (Post 7935521)
Most would say no more than 400wtq on a mustang dyno. It's about the material and manufacturing processes. I'm pretty sure that the stock rods are cast steel and the FCC structure of the material is not strong enough to handle more tq for endured use.

Hp should not matter (of course proper tuning plays a role), but with hp you are going to make tq and tq = force x area and thus eventually the connecting rod will snap. It' sees bending forces and that's why when you exam a broken con rod it usually has an angle leading up to the broken part. I blew my first motor on 420wtq btw.

what turbo and psi were u running b4 u blew ur motor?