EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   How much power will my setup make [Mega Merge] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/459017-how-much-power-will-my-setup-make-mega-merge.html)

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dope619 (Post 9386812)
will adding an ETS intake, invid o2 house and licp net me at least 15hp with a tune?
also will boost creep be more apparent?

besides a 9 turbo, in your opinion, what 'basic' stuff am i missing for hidden hp in my DD? :beer:

edit: maybe a little more boost?

absolutely. the invidia o2 is a full 3" o2 housing, it will definitely help a bit. the ets intake should help also and licp will help greatly as well.

boost creep will be more controlled with the invidia o2 as it has a very 3d contoured wastegate area with major opening. {thumbup}

guest49582 Jun 14, 2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 9392313)
whats with it and all you cali guys that go to reese's dyno always asking for number estimates? lol.

i dont know how his dyno reads so i am of no help.. id say on a dynojet 380 on e85 and 310-320 on 91.

i hope you have fuel mods though???? otherwise the e85 is gonna be pegged quick.

i could be way off though.

Who said I go to Reese tuning? I've never gone there and never will. I actually was going to hit you up for a tune on my car but your profile shows a lot of unanswered emails and unhappy clients. I forgot to put the RC 1000 cc injectors in the mod list. Dyno jet numbers are useless by the way. I want mustang dyno numbers.

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by thatguysmells (Post 9392341)
Who said I go to Reese tuning? I've never gone there and never will. I actually was going to hit you up for a tune on my car but your profile shows a lot of unanswered emails and unhappy clients. I forgot to put the RC 1000 cc injectors in the mod list. Dyno jet numbers are useless by the way. I want mustang dyno numbers.

I just figured you went to reese i didnt know.

unhappy clients what? i have ZERO unhappy clients.. the only thing i have trouble with at the moment is finishing up cars because the customer car ends up having an issue then they take a week or so to get the part to fix the issue and then they come back to me a week later then we get into a communication issue sometimes.

i assure you i don't have any unhappy customers, and if i do they get their full $ returned to them.

If you have the hardware and stuff to get remote tuned by all means contact me and we will schedule a time to get it done. it typically takes 2-3 hours if the car is in sound condition.

I try to gain a personal interest in all my customers, that's why i prefer to talk to them on AOL, or other types of messengers so i can communicate in real time with them as im tuning them.. it creates a bond with the tuner and customer and that is how good results become.

Dope619 Jun 14, 2011 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 9392323)
absolutely. the invidia o2 is a full 3" o2 housing, it will definitely help a bit. the ets intake should help also and licp will help greatly as well.

boost creep will be more controlled with the invidia o2 as it has a very 3d contoured wastegate area with major opening. {thumbup}

why thank you sir, the only install i might have trouble with is the o2 housing.
how much boost you think i can push safely?

tscompusa2 Jun 14, 2011 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dope619 (Post 9392702)
why thank you sir, the only install i might have trouble with is the o2 housing.
how much boost you think i can push safely?

i recommend removing the turbo before installing the o2 housing. also if the turbo was never removed before be very careful when undoing all the bolts.

unbolt the exhaust manifold from the head and undo the downpipe and pull the radiator out drain it first of course.

undo the coolant lines from the turbo, unplug the o2 sensor and break the 4 turbine housing bolts loose but not undo them and pull the turbo out with the o2 housing and exhaust manifold connected to it.. then spray the **** out of the bolts on o2 housing area and dont attempt to break them loose until you let it sit overnight with pb blaster or something strong.

also keep in mind the one stud on the turbo housing will need to be cut alittle shorter to clear the invidia o2 housing and you will need to cut the batch of wires that run along side your fuel rail and get the o2 sensor cable out of that then run it from the driver side down past the front of engine to reach the new location of the o2 sensor bung on the invidia o2 housing. not cutting actual wires but just the tape that they are covered in so you can fish the o2 sensor wire around and reroute it.

hope this helped a bit.

25psi probably wont be an issue if its 93octane fuel, but the MHI turbo can take 30psi all day long.. mitsubishi builds very strong turbos. {thumbup}

localtoys73 Jun 15, 2011 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by thatguysmells (Post 9392341)

please explain why dynojet numbers are useless? The only thing that is useless is if you start on a dynojet and switch to a mustang other then that they both do just about the same thing and show you gains from your base set up.

Valery Shal Jun 15, 2011 01:00 AM

i think every car is different form each other and are designed differently to the power will be obviously different ..

rockbmx1 Jun 16, 2011 07:36 PM

Stock IX block/head/cams
FIC 900cc hi-z's
TurboXS fmic
Injen uicp
ETS 4" intake
Speed Density
Walbro 255(ER modded)
Works 3" DP/Helix test pipe/ETS 3.5" cat back
ETS licp
FP Black(ported)
Forge WGA
Titek o2 housing(ported to 3" outlet)
Ported stock exhaust manifold
92 octane pump

English Racing tune is coming on Sunday

Edit: I made 410whp/332wtq at 26psi. The dyno seemed to be reading about 20whp lower then other normal too. A car was dyno'd a couple days before and was down 20whp when he dyno'd yesterday.
I am happy with the results though.

gymnasty Jun 21, 2011 01:15 AM

I made 347whp/317wtq @25.7 pounds of boost on a dynojet with the mods on my sig. I feel like I should've made more maybe like 360+whp considering the mods I have, but ppl keep saying every car is different which I understand but lots of other ppl are making 360 on fewer mods than me. I know temperature and climate will also make a big difference on power gains but I dont know. Im extremely happy with the tune but wouldve loved to see more power. What do you guys think?

tscompusa2 Jun 21, 2011 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by gymnasty (Post 9406255)
I made 347whp/317wtq @25.7 pounds of boost on a dynojet with the mods on my sig. I feel like I should've made more maybe like 360+whp considering the mods I have, but ppl keep saying every car is different which I understand but lots of other ppl are making 360 on fewer mods than me. I know temperature and climate will also make a big difference on power gains but I dont know. Im extremely happy with the tune but wouldve loved to see more power. What do you guys think?

send a log and your rom to tscompusa@gmail.com and ill email you back with feedback regarding your current tune if you want.

gymnasty Jun 21, 2011 01:44 AM

How do I send you the log and rom?

tscompusa2 Jun 21, 2011 12:51 PM

you would need a programmer cable and a laptop. sorry for the late response.

EVO4-6 Jun 25, 2011 04:49 PM

JDM Evo 6

Manley 2.4
Balance Shaft Elimination
Methanol Injection
Complete built head S2 cams
Magnus intake manifold
MAP Stainless Steel O2 Eliminator Downpipe with external dump
Full Blown Cast 70mm Throttle Body
1050 FIC injectors
Bosch 044 motor sport fuel pump
Fuellab fuel regulator kit
GCS S2 cams , AEM cam gears
Full custom 3’’ exhaust with HKS muffler(no cat )
4’’ intercooler ( Ebay !!! )
HKS intake
Halman bro BC

PTE 6765 .82 AR Ported Shroud
MAP twin scroll T4 exhaust manifold with twin Turbosmart WG .
4'' Intake pipe
Sparktech coil on plug non CDI system

what do you think i'll be making on

95 Octan fuel with 20 PSI ?
95 Octan Fuel with 33 PSI and 100 meth ?

What do you think about the lag ? i'm thinking too much about this issue with this turbo !

oldskoopimpn Jun 27, 2011 09:16 AM

evo IX

- HKS carbon TI
- Test pipe
- Ams Downpipe
- Ets intake
- Ets V2 LICP
- Walbro fuel pump
- Hallman MBC
- 92 oct

TommiM Jul 2, 2011 10:37 PM

how much hp would you estimate from this setup:

Map stage 1 shortblock w/ wiseco 8.5 cr pistons
Map stage 1 cyl head with supertech dual valve springs, titanium retainers, ss intake/inconel exh valves, std size
GSC S2 cams
stock airbox intake
BBK Full w/ ported hotside
Buschur ported stock exh manifold
ETS licp
ETS standard tank 3" intercooler
ETS short route uicp
FIC 1050cc injectors
DW300 LPH fuel pump
Buschur dp
Mil spec 100 cell cat
Buschur scca legal catback w/ magnaflow muffler
spoolinup cop kit
manual boost controller

tuned at ~28 psi on 91 octane?
tuned at ~28 psi on 100 octane?

Trying to get some input on doing my next build and seeing what you guys think this setup will make at about that psi with those two different fuels.
Thanks in advance.{thumbup}