EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   The "Official" Evo Modding for Dummies (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/330085-official-evo-modding-dummies.html)

vgm10 Nov 16, 2013 05:15 AM

Nice write up, very useful information.

Jgren Nov 24, 2013 08:41 AM

Good info on here. Thanks. I have had my 05 evo mr or 2 months now everything is good on it. Im a mechanic so I made sure everything is up to par and I am ready to mod a little more. It has an intake and hks cat back and upgraded ic piping. I was looking to go catless and just wondering what DP i should get? and if that o2 section was necessary to get? I also already have my AEM UEGO Wideband (just need to install). And wondering what other gauges I should get before tuning?

TS Dork Nov 25, 2013 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jgren (Post 11032258)
Good info on here. Thanks. I have had my 05 evo mr or 2 months now everything is good on it. Im a mechanic so I made sure everything is up to par and I am ready to mod a little more. It has an intake and hks cat back and upgraded ic piping. I was looking to go catless and just wondering what DP i should get? and if that o2 section was necessary to get? I also already have my AEM UEGO Wideband (just need to install). And wondering what other gauges I should get before tuning?

You're gonna need a downpipe that clears the ACD.

O2 housing helps with quicker spool time. Some people like open dump o2 housings for less back pressure and more power gains.

Be sure to install the wideband on the downpipe for more accurate afr readings.

Boost gauge and wideband is important for tuning. Oil pressure is nice to have as well.

Jgren Nov 26, 2013 03:45 PM

Thanks TS Dork. Much appreciated

TS Dork Nov 26, 2013 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jgren (Post 11034869)
Thanks TS Dork. Much appreciated

Anytime. I'm still a noob myself but know the basics..

Jgren Nov 27, 2013 02:27 PM

I'm only new to the whole turbo 4 cyl thing haha

UberDalum Dec 9, 2013 11:12 AM

Definite thumbs up to you guys! {thumbup} I bought my 03 VIII with a bunch of mods on it. Definitely helping me understand the original thought process of the owner before me and what's screwed up on it too.

CNC_OUTLAW Dec 14, 2013 09:36 AM

Thanks, helped out a lot!

higgrm67 Dec 14, 2013 11:36 AM

Hey anyone ever heard of sealing off a hood scoop on a evo 9 mr just looking for a way due to getting caught in the rain at any time because my filter position is in that area of the hood scoop and worrying about getting water into my turbo ? is there any hood i can purchase or modification i can use for this model ? Also was looking to get rid of my trunk cause i dont want the spoiler anymore and it has the holes in it, does anyone know if the stock lancer trunk available that will fit my model ?

Ntown Dec 14, 2013 03:05 PM

good info here

STOCK03EVO8 Dec 23, 2013 10:26 AM

As far as gauges,

AMS just installed a set of AEM gauges for me:

Wideband on the steering column

Water Temp
Boost
Oil on the a pillar

nice gauges and match the oem gauges very well.

dukenukem671 Dec 27, 2013 05:42 AM

Thanks, great for noobs on the evo like me!{thumbup}

DirtyEvo9 Jan 5, 2014 05:12 PM

Very Good Info, Just starting to put some money into my car, very informative. Thanks!

SonofEvo Jan 31, 2014 09:57 AM

Have been all over the Sight and Must say A lot of valuable knoledge Thanks to all who contributed. Just need to Finish my intro post period and start looking in the FS section.

TexasTat2ed Feb 2, 2014 08:30 AM

Is there an updated version for Evo x owners? If so could you please direct me to it. Thanks