EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Car died while driving now it wont start!! HElp!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/501561-car-died-while-driving-now-wont-start-help.html)

evo ace Jul 4, 2010 01:53 PM

Yea my ic pipe came off and my car would not start.

Lucas English Jul 4, 2010 02:12 PM

If you have a spark tech or ignition I have seen the 10amp fuse inside the car. Its marked with a engine.

stock_evoIX Jul 5, 2010 02:00 PM

Same think happened to me last week. It only happened when it rained though

But my 02 sensor i the test pipe snapped right at the wires and was grounding out on the chassis.

It blew the 20amp fuse in the engine bay. I just idsconnected the 02 sensor completely.

Hope this helps

jmelocik Jul 5, 2010 03:44 PM

What cams are you running? I've seen 3 cars that have broken the end off the intake cam recently. pop your upper timing belt cover off and have a look.

Josh
:usflag:

EVO8STI Jul 5, 2010 05:03 PM

sounds to me like a alt went bad im surprised no one has said this yet... bet its it

iM.So.EvO Jul 6, 2010 04:57 PM

So guys i fiqured it out this far, my 20amp fuse keeps blowin theres 2 of them and one keeps blowin everytime a drive a lil while. thats what it is but i dont kno what is causin that 20amp fuse to blow. Help lol

Evoryder Jul 6, 2010 05:09 PM

Fuse to what?

TurboTim06 Jul 6, 2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryder (Post 8467900)
Fuse to what?

:lol: +1

4RETECH Jul 7, 2010 04:12 AM

At least you have narrowed it down to a dead short. Just let us know what circuit it is. if anything, bring it to a repair shop. Good luck.

evo-kro Jul 7, 2010 01:20 PM

thats sounds very wierd that all of a sudden it just started. see what the fuse is for and trace the lines to see if there is something grounding out. also evos have a wierd thing about there main wireing harness by the fender. if they get wet they act up, like windshield wipers will come on and not shut off. just an idea.

06mr775 Jul 7, 2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by heavens turbo (Post 8461402)
might wanna check your crank sensor too. when those go bad, it also has the syptoms of random dying and crank no start. should have a code stored. good luck!

+1... i had my crank position sensor go out on me once and my car died and would not start. For some reason the bolt backed out of the crank and caused the pulleys to shift a slight bit and the sensor ring ended up destroying the sensor.

stock_evoIX Jul 7, 2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by iM.So.EvO (Post 8467859)
So guys i fiqured it out this far, my 20amp fuse keeps blowin theres 2 of them and one keeps blowin everytime a drive a lil while. thats what it is but i dont kno what is causin that 20amp fuse to blow. Help lol

probably your o2 sensor is grounding out on the chassis or something

SLO-EVO Jul 7, 2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by iM.So.EvO (Post 8467859)

what is the indicator on the fuse box?

iM.So.EvO Jul 8, 2010 12:08 PM

Hey guysss thx for everything but i fiqured it out, so i had a CEL bolt that spaces my o2 out from my exhaust so i dont throw a CEL, but it was so far out the end of the o2 sensor with the wires and stuff were pushin against the bottom wall of my car so slowly but surely it rubbed right through the wire and the bare wires of my 02 sensor were showin and rubbin on the chassic and groundin out that fuse. Thats why the 20amp fuse keep blowin so i just took out the o2 sensor for now till i get a new one, im throwin a CEL now but who cares the cars runnin and the fuse doesnt pop anymore 8) thx for all ur help guys i really appreciated it!!!!

SLO-EVO Jul 8, 2010 03:44 PM

awesome. glad to see you got your car issues under control.