EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   On Top Of LA (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/517468-top-la.html)

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by wasFWDnowAWD (Post 8718997)
i LOVE wide tires. 275s!!!!! dayummmmmm. kinda sad the TB is running a 255 on a 10" wide and the RR is running a 275 on a 9.5" wide. lol. any plans on fender mods to the RR?

Actually, me and the black evo might be trading rims so if me and him swap I won't have to do the evodave fender mod or a slightly wider fender up front. If not I will just go down to a 265 or 255 and I won't have to do any further fender work to make them fit "properly" for the track, even thought they don't rub on street anyway unless I hit a REALLY hard dip/bump. I will most likely get more aggressive with the camber as well to make them fit a bit easier since my current camber set up is not aggressive whatsoever :lol:

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by sirsol (Post 8719012)
That RR is absolutely GORGEOUS. I want his wheels, rear bumper. spoiler...

Hell, I just want the car! :D

Really :confused: I seriously think my car is a bit ugly IMO :lol: I keep changing stuff around to see if I can finally enjoy the way she looks but still nothing :( maybe after a few more things on the exterior I will like my own car again. But from what it seems like everybody hates their own car but likes everyone elses car, at least that's what it seems like to me :lol:

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 10:58 PM

thanks for the nice comments everyone!!!!keep em coming!!!!

shuttlegoose Oct 2, 2010 11:01 PM

siiiiiiick!!!

what exhaust on the red evo?

glomb23 Oct 2, 2010 11:06 PM

Both cars look absolutely gorgeous. Great pics man!

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by shuttlegoose (Post 8719276)
siiiiiiick!!!

what exhaust on the red evo?

custom 3" I pieced together {thumbup}

thanks glomb23!!!

BenJ Oct 2, 2010 11:16 PM

Pics are awesome....love the wide stance on your car Ben...I just hate downtown LA lol. Last time I was down there I ended up curbing one of my wheels on the E55 and got in a fight with a drunk bum after he decided he would throw his lit cigarette onto my car.

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by BenJ (Post 8719306)
Pics are awesome....love the wide stance on your car Ben...I just hate downtown LA lol. Last time I was down there I ended up curbing one of my wheels on the E55 and got in a fight with a drunk bum after he decided he would throw his lit cigarette onto my car.

thanks I wish I could keep it like this and put some wide fenders on but that's too much $$$ for me right now :lol: I gotta get some new rotors/pads before I go to the track again in a month or so, so that's another $800 or so down the drain :updown: man I want to check out that e55 sometime {thumbup} and yeah I probably would get into a fight with a bum too if he did that to my car {thumbdwn}

BenJ Oct 2, 2010 11:27 PM

What track? 255's would be no problem at all on your car. Reese Tuning dominated in the Redline TA with the 255 AD08's.

L888Apex Oct 2, 2010 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by BenJ (Post 8719326)
What track? 255's would be no problem at all on your car. Reese Tuning dominated in the Redline TA with the 255 AD08's.

streets of willow again :) I'll be going there in nov and dec hopefully if I have the funds :D and yeah I got a couple sets of 18" tires sitting here at my house but I might trade the owner of the black evo for his rpf1's so I might not need them anymore :(

BenJ Oct 2, 2010 11:37 PM

lol....you go through more wheels then anyone I know.

MMMR0820 Oct 3, 2010 05:56 AM

that's a great shoot man {thumbup}

four-loco Oct 3, 2010 08:18 AM

pictures came out amazing. both cars look so sick! red evo has some wide tires lol looks dope!

andydelarosa Oct 3, 2010 10:45 AM

thanks for all the nice comments guys!
i wish i could run a wider tire... :( 255 unfortunately is the widest i can go due to the size/offset of rim.. it wont clear the rear control arm... as i have been told. i havent tried it yet tho but i wont be surprised if you cant because the 10 inch rim..

shuttlegoose Oct 3, 2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by l888apex (Post 8719299)
custom 3" I pieced together {thumbup}

thanks glomb23!!!

Would you mind telling me what muffler you used??? I want an oval style like that but havnt found what I was looking for. I'm super impressed!!!