EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   Buschur Racing's Air Intake shield (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/352470-buschur-racings-air-intake-shield.html)

Indy Evo Jul 3, 2008 04:17 AM

Due to a number of Indy Car crashes last week at Richmond we have been delayed by a few days in order to get those guys to the next race this weekend. We will have photos, parts, and prices next week. Please contact Buschur Racing ASAP so we can get a good idea of how many we need to run. Thanks, Indy

Hiboost Jul 3, 2008 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by fmly evo (Post 5825237)
someone else told me that.... i will work on it this weekend!!!!!

STevo

On my Evo 8 that I just traded in there was room for running a 4" flexible tubing from the front bumper up to the airfilter just in front of the ACD fluid reservoir. It was that air intake tubing that has wires inside of thin plastic which allowed it to mold over things as it snaked it's way up there. I also had a similar heatshield in place and it seemed to make a difference where the airfilter would be much cooler than without the setup after driving. You can also take off the rubber weather stripping on the far driver side of the hood to allow some air to force in towards the filter, although I would only have that removed during the summer months.

As for the air intake shield it looks well designed and does exactly what it needs to do. :)

Honesty Jul 8, 2008 11:04 AM

Just wanted to bump this up. This is a pretty important piece! many people have the AC fan issue (including myself... especially on these hot-hot-HOT days.)

So... bump : D

Noize Jul 8, 2008 11:47 AM

TTT.
Spam removed.

Indy Evo Jul 9, 2008 06:53 PM

First articles for David's OK will be in his hands next Tuesday, and production parts in the next few days after. Indy

Rguy Jul 9, 2008 06:55 PM

Did you do a Carbon one?

08EvoXGSR Jul 10, 2008 07:11 AM

sounds like progress....sign me up for one!

Honesty Jul 10, 2008 11:30 AM

Yeah... I am definitely most interested.

Jrod@Buschur Jul 10, 2008 11:34 AM

I should have some production pieces here tomorrow or so I was told this a.m.. I apologize for the slight delay guys as its about a week and a half more than I was initially told.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get it. :)

Indy Evo Jul 10, 2008 11:37 AM

Sorry Jarrod my bad.

08EvoXGSR Jul 10, 2008 11:39 AM

pre order avail at Jrod's site?

Hackrsackr Jul 10, 2008 01:12 PM

Can't wait to see the new shield... the sheet metal prototype was cool, but i can't wait to see the final production piece.

Jrod@Buschur Jul 10, 2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR (Post 5872389)
pre order avail at Jrod's site?

Not at this time. Im waiting to make sure everything is correct so there are no more delays.

However if anyone would like to PM me or email me their name and phone # I will contact you in the order that the messages are recieved to let you know they are available. {thumbup}

Please title your message "INTAKE SHIELD".

Take care guys!

Rguy Jul 10, 2008 01:22 PM

DIBS on CF.

Message sent!

Jrod@Buschur Jul 10, 2008 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rguy (Post 5872837)
DIBS on CF.

Message sent!

Im not sure if we are doing CF at this time. As of right now the pieces I have coming are not CF.