EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   General Engine Management / Tuning Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/general-engine-management-tuning-forum-129/)
-   -   HELP!!! New build evo 8 2.4 cranks won’t start tried everything (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/general-engine-management-tuning-forum/747270-help-new-build-evo-8-2-4-cranks-wonit-start-tried-everything.html)

harrison.little Dec 13, 2018 09:04 PM

Could it be that the new cam sensor that I have is bad?

2006EvoIXer Dec 14, 2018 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by harrison.little (Post 11852713)
Could it be that the new cam sensor that I have is bad?

Possibly. Do you have anyone with an evo you can swap both sensors to test?

Biggiesacks Dec 14, 2018 08:12 AM

if the cam sensor was bad you wouldn't get spark. If it was me i would verify +12 Volts at each injector plug with the ignition key on. The ECU is active low so it sends ground to the injectors to activate them. If you are getting 12volts at the injectors then next step is to test continuity from injector pigtail to ecu, if thats good then check ECU grounds, if thats good then likely the issue is with the ECU. Can you connect to the ecu and do you see RPM and Injector Pulse Width when your cranking? You can also put a timing light on the motor and you should be at 5 degrees BTDC while cranking.

2winscroll Dec 14, 2018 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks (Post 11852624)
and you rescaled your rom for them too right?

what about the latencys? If they are set to low the car won’t start.

also check the resistance pack for corrosion, the wires tend to corrode going into and coming out of the pack.

2006EvoIXer Dec 14, 2018 09:30 AM

I give up. I suck at finding things in the service manual. Lol

If the injectors are not clicking while engine is cranking, I'd check the power for positive 12V first. If +12V is there, then track the signal side, which goes to resistor pack and then ECU.

Biggiesacks Dec 14, 2018 10:23 AM

This is for an Evo 8
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...5f09624691.png

2winscroll Dec 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Are the injectors new or used? If they are used and been sitting around they are probably stuck, don’t ask me how I know this.

harrison.little Dec 14, 2018 11:55 AM

They are brand new injectors I scaled them and did the latency. I got the numbers from deatchwerk website couldn’t find any numbers on here for it. I’m going to check the resistors today and check the voltage at the injectors see if it is 12v and recheck all the grounds.

harrison.little Dec 14, 2018 11:57 AM

The ecu loads fine every time I plug the computer into it but I’ll start at the injectors and start making my way back is the plan right now. I’ll post what I find hopefully some clue shows up as to what the problem is. Thanks

harrison.little Mar 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Finally figured it out the car has been in the shop for over 2 months now. They figured out that the fuel pump was not getting enough pressure the fire the injectors so we replaced the walbro 255 I had with a better pump and it fired just fine. Thanks for all the help appreciate it lots.

Pal215 Mar 19, 2019 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by harrison.little (Post 11864348)
Finally figured it out the car has been in the shop for over 2 months now. They figured out that the fuel pump was not getting enough pressure the fire the injectors so we replaced the walbro 255 I had with a better pump and it fired just fine. Thanks for all the help appreciate it lots.

The fuel pump was not providing enough fuel pressure to fire the injectors? Usually it's the other way around and the injectors can't fire due to too much fuel pressure. That fuel pump must have been completely dead.

harrison.little Mar 19, 2019 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215 (Post 11865139)
The fuel pump was not providing enough fuel pressure to fire the injectors? Usually it's the other way around and the injectors can't fire due to too much fuel pressure. That fuel pump must have been completely dead.

Car sat for a long time and there was rust starting to form in the tanks as well. Cleaned and fixed the tank new pump and it started no problem.