EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Great EvoM Banner Relay (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/great-evom-banner-relay-349/)
-   -   The Relay start! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/great-evom-banner-relay/626669-relay-start.html)

gregalmighty Sep 12, 2012 08:31 AM

+1 for NE Ohio, we could have a meet and take some great pictures

Speedlimit Sep 13, 2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter (Post 10395219)
mods, you can make a facebook page for the mascot since they have a map built in. (did the poll ended yet? last time i checked, "darwin" was winning.)

mod/supermod/admin can edit it. the person that has the mascot and banner will post a picture on the facebook page and it will get added to the map.

just an idea.

Thank you for the great suggestion! We are discussing how to structure mapping between here and FB and keep it up to date.

Bob.. :)

Craig King Sep 14, 2012 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter (Post 10395219)
mods, you can make a facebook page for the mascot since they have a map built in. (did the poll ended yet? last time i checked, "darwin" was winning.).

Remember, not all of us have a FB account. Please make sure to copy any info posted to FB on here too.

Speedlimit Sep 14, 2012 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Craig King (Post 10400096)
Remember, not all of us have a FB account. Please make sure to copy any info posted to FB on here too.

Understood and thank you for the reminder.

xwxspawnxwx Sep 14, 2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by gregalmighty (Post 10396187)
+1 for NE Ohio, we could have a meet and take some great pictures

I'm up for the meet in NE Ohio. PM if you decide to do that.

migs647 Sep 14, 2012 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Speedlimit (Post 10400099)

Agreed, as I don't / won't have one either :)

kaoscage Sep 14, 2012 07:21 PM

If we dont have anyone in the mid-cal or nor-cal area let me know, I can drive a few hundred miles or meet up for pics.

BellyD Sep 17, 2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Speedlimit (Post 10400099)

Originally Posted by migs647 (Post 10400602)
Agreed, as I don't / won't have one either :)

I believe Facebook still allows image sharing with everyone, regardless of whether they have a Facebook account, if you specify it correctly.

Try to view this and see if it works: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6152dae58a

Darwin is in there a few times :D

migs647 Sep 17, 2012 09:23 AM

We should definitely be sharing the photos on Evom in the end, we shouldn't have to leave the site to gather information is my only deal.

BellyD Sep 17, 2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by migs647 (Post 10405224)
We should definitely be sharing the photos on Evom in the end, we shouldn't have to leave the site to gather information is my only deal.

True, no one should have to leave to view the pics. They should be posted here. I was just sharing that you don't have to have an account in order see photos on Facebook, which is good, because it has become more common for people to post a few pics and then a link to a Facebook album to view more.

SavageGSR Sep 17, 2012 11:42 AM

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...50777190_o.jpg

Seeing as the banner has obviously started and been signed figured i'd throw up the picture, hopefully someone else will start filling in the details...

Panda_stunter Sep 22, 2012 12:34 AM

I suggested Facebook coz there you can make a "fan page" instead of just a personal account. With the fan page, it can be viewed even by non-Facebook users. Also coz of the fact that it has internal mapping capabilities so we would know where Darwin and the banner has been to.

Also, I signed up on the mapping thread and I just have one request, can we, Las Vegas EvoM crew, have Darwin and the banner for the SEMA convention? You can send me the banner and Darwin and from there i can maybe hand it off to one of the vendors/members that will be in SEMA that wants to rep the banner and Darwin as well.

Speedlimit Sep 25, 2012 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by SavageGSR (Post 10405512)

Seeing as the banner has obviously started and been signed figured i'd throw up the picture, hopefully someone else will start filling in the details...

Thanks for the picture!

Speedlimit Sep 25, 2012 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter (Post 10414221)
I suggested Facebook coz there you can make a "fan page" instead of just a personal account. With the fan page, it can be viewed even by non-Facebook users. Also coz of the fact that it has internal mapping capabilities so we would know where Darwin and the banner has been to.

Also, I signed up on the mapping thread and I just have one request, can we, Las Vegas EvoM crew, have Darwin and the banner for the SEMA convention? You can send me the banner and Darwin and from there i can maybe hand it off to one of the vendors/members that will be in SEMA that wants to rep the banner and Darwin as well.

Thanks for the PM! We will be using both Google Maps and Facebook to track Darwin and the banner.

Panda_stunter Sep 25, 2012 01:15 PM

speedlimit, otter and migs and to all the mods.

please consider my request to host for SEMA. thanks! SEMA is 10/28-11/02, it will be my birthday celebration for it too since my birthday always coincide with SEMA. thanks!