EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Tech (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech-198/)
-   -   ROAD/RACE- 08 Lancer...Here we Come. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-tech/258839-road-race-08-lancer-here-we-come.html)

Jehuty Mar 23, 2007 12:24 PM

Hopefully this new one will respond better to bolt ons than the old one

ROCK Mar 24, 2007 08:51 AM

Stock muffler looks like a gas tank and weighs 27 lbs. We trashed and did exhaust. We are making 2 versions, with 2 different diameters to test. Intake and exxhaust so far have helped though..

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

drucea Mar 24, 2007 10:46 AM

Yeah I remember seeing a pic of the muffler, it was HUGE.

Skullshot Mar 24, 2007 11:53 AM

here are some of those pics!

4 Attachment(s)
Hey, I was over there at road race just a few days ago!

got some pics of that new lancer 08 when it arrived,

Attachment 104123 Attachment 104124 Attachment 104125 Attachment 104126

Jehuty Mar 24, 2007 12:08 PM

damn, even the basic looks sexy from the front, rims are....well, they gotta go, lol. I'm excited and I cannot wait for my GTS to come in so that I can purchase it, and I can have fun!!!!!!! lol. I hope that RRM starts to put things up for sale soon, I'll buy them all ASAP

DickMorgan Mar 24, 2007 03:24 PM

yeah i jsut went to RRM earlier today. and i must say the car is sexy but a few things

1. the car is call......almost as tall as me....lol so it was kinda awkward since i'm used to my lowered oz.
2. the rear taillights imo are placed too high for the car, making the rear look even taller. A lower taillight location and it would be fine.
3. interior was basic, considering it's the base model, but it's very roomy. the extra height left a lot of head room to play with and getting in and out was easy.
4. engine bay looked like it had lots of room much like the current lancers so working on them should be fairly simple. intake set up is reversed...meaning the air filter points towards the passenger compartment rather than the front bumper.
5. did not see the huge muffler everyone keeps talkinga bout but i will take ur word for it. Rob said it looks like gas tank lol

all in all i am excited for when i have the chance to get my hands on one. I will wait later in the year when the damn mark up goes away....possibly the ralliart version will come by then. and plus i just put a few mods in my car......so it'l be a shame to trade it in so soon :)

by the way.....the 2 suzuki's RRM has are freakin sexy.....i had no clue they were AWD too :)

stealthcrf Mar 24, 2007 03:48 PM

got to pdi 4 loaded GTSs yesterday :) the car feels slow (I bet the cali model is really bad lol) but the car handles great for what it is on the stock 18s. the ones i worked on had nav and f.a.s.t. key for 22k msrp. Me thinks I might have one soon :)

btw who said that the cvt was beefy? there's a reason it wasn't on the 07 outlander.

show time Mar 25, 2007 07:32 AM

08 lancer gts CVT is a bust

Yeah got my first look at 1 last week was 1st to test drive it saw it as it was coming off of semi, muffler was frickn huge and what seemed to look like two cats on bottom. Anyways the CVT acted like a wounded dog but paddle shifters were sweet dam thing acted like it was dropping the trany when i stomped it so i am sticking with the manual trans for sure plus CVT is a $1000 opt on the GTS and would rather have the NAV. Drove the dark gray but they wanted Sticker plus for it and i laughed in there face they called me saturday and got a red one in and said the would work a deal with me. I dont give a crap tho i am not paying more then $100 dollars over invoice or i will walk out again. HEHE its like a game to me i get what i want for what i want or i keep walkin on em and u should to. Got my 04 ralliart for $100 over invoice and will do the same on GTS.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jehuty Mar 25, 2007 08:21 AM

lol, I agree, but I still want to have mine, as for the ralliart, I don't feel like waiting for it

GripGame Mar 25, 2007 10:41 AM

So what is the invoice price? I stopped by my local dealer to check out the new Lancers and they look nice. They had 2 GTS and 4 of the other models. I might go back to test drive the GTS though. I'm not digging the power and price they are asking for the car.

Jehuty Mar 25, 2007 02:02 PM

The mitsubishi website actually has the 08 lancers on them now, so u can see the pricing and all the packages and all that nonsense. I think that the price is reasonable.....well, it's alright, I mean for the same amount I believe you can buy an SRT-4....but, we won't get into that

drucea Mar 25, 2007 04:52 PM

True but the srt4 won't be new anymore. I thinmk it compares in price and options with the civic.

ROCK Mar 25, 2007 11:15 PM

Yes, they are starting to show up at dealers. My bro went to check some out after I let him drive ours.

Jehuty Mar 26, 2007 04:13 AM

When do you think that you guys will start posting mods on the website for the 08? Or do I have some time to wait before that will actually happen?

ROCK Mar 26, 2007 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jehuty (Post 4129958)
When do you think that you guys will start posting mods on the website for the 08? Or do I have some time to wait before that will actually happen?

Probably a few weeks till you see that.