EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   What did you do to your Lancer today (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/688786-what-did-you-do-your-lancer-today.html)

Murder Snake May 12, 2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11206313)
It's the K&N shortram 69 typhoon series . Gives a nice sound , better gas mileage when I don't floor it which is usual lol ,

I was looking at that one. did you have to do a tune to use it?

Thahomeboyb May 12, 2014 08:42 PM

No I didn't feel that there was a tube necessary . The hp gain on the site was around 4.6 hp gain I'm not positive tho .

alexixiv May 13, 2014 05:23 AM

Plastidipped:
Wheels, Hood, Roof, Rear Diffuser, Grill, Headlights, Hatch, Spoiler, Concrete around wheels.
I have also done the rear vertical side panels but havent taken a picture of it yet...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...56468630274784
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o...-no/2014-05-02

Murder Snake May 13, 2014 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by alexixiv (Post 11206549)
Plastidipped:
Wheels, Hood, Roof, Rear Diffuser, Grill, Headlights, Hatch, Spoiler, Concrete around wheels.
I have also done the rear vertical side panels but havent taken a picture of it yet...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...56468630274784
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-o...-no/2014-05-02

{thumbup}that really looks good!!!!!.. did you do it yourself? rattle cans?

Murder Snake May 13, 2014 03:07 PM

did the 4th wheel today. finally done. even one of the neighbors (female even) said she liked the rims and she liked the blue lug nuts. now, see how long it lasts without coming off or scraping off.......

guess you gotta be careful about washing the plastidip.

alexixiv May 13, 2014 10:40 PM

Was all done with spray cans, about 6 cans of black, 2 cans of clear, and one can of glossifier for the headlights. Did it all in about 2 hours. Only taped the small components like windshield sprayers and wiper hinges and put bags around roaters. Wiped off excess with micro fiber towel after it dried for 10 minutes. Have been through 5 car washes and two server thunderstorms since I put it on 2 months ago with no peeling that I can tell yet. For anyone doing this in the future, I suggest making sure your spray is always perpendicular to the surface. Don't turn your wrist to reach farther out you get steaks and rough textures. The first coast is the only one you want to be light at about 50% coverage. All others you want to try for 75%, otherwise you get steaks or runs. Spraying in a garage is highly suggested if there is a bit of wind as it will use twice as much spray to cover the surface. On partially colored panels go over the painted edge and remaining surface of the panel twice with clear plastidip or it will start rolling off next day. Or cover the whole panel in clear first then tape and spray your shape. FYI this does not come off abrasive surfaces easily, might try to park your car on a tarp before starting. Do not use glossifier on large continuous surface area as it will always look streaky, work best on clear covered headlights, wheels, and emblems. Do not wear rings or watches when washing your plastidip. Until you get a hot day to neutralize the high friction surface you may want to spray it down with just water once a week and hand dry as it will grab all kinds of dirt. Again, no rings or watches when drying the car off. I tend to carry a can of clear dip in case I see peeling so I can hit it on the spot, but so far haven't had to use it at all. My mom and brother are having me do some of their cars next month because they say it looks so clean and even which also surprised me. Hope this helps others thinking of taking the dip.

02modlanceroz May 14, 2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeBit! (Post 11204796)

wow, pretty long list on the Snake... cams, gears, headers, h pipe, full cat back, koni's, panhard bar, brakes, '00R hood, CF S281 rear spoiler, subframe connectors, wheels, tires, short shifter, aluminum driveshaft...just to name a few.

I'm still debating what I wanna do to my mustang or actually what my wife will let me spend on it. Spent so much money on my lancer in the past couple years. I still want to do more to my lancer, either motor swap or build this one. But also want to start building the stang haha

Thahomeboyb May 14, 2014 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today painted the dash insert under the steering wheel. I put a lot of clear coat on to protect against damage . Here's an overall shot

Murder Snake May 16, 2014 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz (Post 11207745)
I'm still debating what I wanna do to my mustang or actually what my wife will let me spend on it. Spent so much money on my lancer in the past couple years. I still want to do more to my lancer, either motor swap or build this one. But also want to start building the stang haha

what Stang to do you have?

Murder Snake May 16, 2014 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11208068)
Today painted the dash insert under the steering wheel. I put a lot of clear coat on to protect against damage . Here's an overall shot

looks really nice and clean. nice work!!!!!!!

Murder Snake May 16, 2014 02:13 PM

I gotta figure out a good way to clean up the clear plastic over the gauges and the clock. must be inside as nothing I do to the outside seems to help much.

02modlanceroz May 16, 2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeBit! (Post 11209709)

what Stang to do you have?

2013 GT. the only thing I done so far was flow master outlaw servers cat back and tinted windows.

02modlanceroz May 16, 2014 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeBit! (Post 11209711)
I gotta figure out a good way to clean up the clear plastic over the gauges and the clock. must be inside as nothing I do to the outside seems to help much.

You can get the plastic off of the both of those. I messed the one up on my odometer when I was shining the interior. It bugged me so much that I replaced it. Dealer it was like 20-30 bucks

Murder Snake May 16, 2014 02:26 PM

so both are replaceable by themselves...come apart and just put the new one in? thanx!!!!!!

as to the '13... wow, you don't need much with the 5.0 in it. what I would love to swap into mine. a CAI and your catback and tune and you can be north of 440rwhp. one piece driveshaft would be a good investment too.

02modlanceroz May 16, 2014 02:48 PM

I'm not sure if you can replace the clock on. I know you can get it off because I was going to change the back light on it.

Yeah I ended up getting it over an Evo. I love it man. So fast. I'm either going with boss 302 intake, airaid intake, bbk long tube headers with off road x pipe and a bama tune. That would take me to around 460whp. Or I'm going with the edlebrock supercharger. I would love to go twin turbo but it's really pricey