EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general-9/)
-   -   What did you do to your Lancer today (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-general/688786-what-did-you-do-your-lancer-today.html)

Thahomeboyb May 31, 2014 01:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed LEDs in my cup holders . When it get dark out I'll have some more pics for you guys !

Murder Snake May 31, 2014 01:37 PM

nice job!!!!! how did you do that?

W1NST0N May 31, 2014 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11221429)
Installed LEDs in my cup holders . When it get dark out I'll have some more pics for you guys !

That's primo dude! Super cool.

Thahomeboyb May 31, 2014 02:44 PM

First I took out the center console . Then examined the wires that led to the cigarette lighter . Then spliced into the negative and positive wires the led to it. Then a wire to the original positive wire then connected the a ohm resistor to the positive leg to the LED then grounded the black wire.
Unscrewed the cup holder and drilled into it . I either got really lucky or did my math perfectly right because the LEDs fit so perfect ! Then I put the LEDs in to hole and hot glued the back of them for support and electrical tape behind the glue. I have left over resistors and LEDs if anyone's interested in doing this mod .

Thahomeboyb May 31, 2014 02:45 PM

I'm going to add two more LEDs in the middle where the cup holder circles meet .

Murder Snake May 31, 2014 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11221466)
First I took out the center console . Then examined the wires that led to the cigarette lighter . Then spliced into the negative and positive wires the led to it. Then a wire to the original positive wire then connected the a ohm resistor to the positive leg to the LED then grounded the black wire.
Unscrewed the cup holder and drilled into it . I either got really lucky or did my math perfectly right because the LEDs fit so perfect ! Then I put the LEDs in to hole and hot glued the back of them for support and electrical tape behind the glue. I have left over resistors and LEDs if anyone's interested in doing this mod .

nicely done...sounds very professional. {thumbup}{thumbup}

Thahomeboyb May 31, 2014 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeBit! (Post 11221468)
nicely done...sounds very professional. {thumbup}{thumbup}

Thankyou .

sr20ve Jun 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11221429)

Funny, this is the first mod I did on my Lancer when I bought it. Got the idea after test driving a Scion, they have color changing LEDs.

I mounted mine to the inner sidewall of the cupholders as opposed to the bottom, that way the bulb in not visible and shining in your peripheral when the cupholder is empty.

Thahomeboyb Jun 2, 2014 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by sr20ve (Post 11222792)
Funny, this is the first mod I did on my Lancer when I bought it. Got the idea after test driving a Scion, they have color changing LEDs. I mounted mine to the inner sidewall of the cupholders as opposed to the bottom, that way the bulb in not visible and shining in your peripheral when the cupholder is empty.

Yeah I realized that but I fixed that' by have a switch but I always have something in my cup holder so .. Lol

sr20ve Jun 2, 2014 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeBit! (Post 11181306)
didn't see a thread like this, so, if there isn't one, thought I would start one. whatever you did to your car today.

me....installed a cabin filter in my daughter's 2002 LS.

I finally fixed my drivers door lock actuator. It's been broken for like 4-5 years.
I found this thread to be very helpful: door-lock-actuator-needed.html

sr20ve Jun 2, 2014 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11222813)
Yeah I realized that but I fixed that' by have a switch but I always have something in my cup holder so .. Lol

Oh, I wired mine up to an illumination wire I found so it comes on with the headlights.

Thahomeboyb Jun 2, 2014 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Painted the plastic on the driver side door interior.

Murder Snake Jun 3, 2014 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by sr20ve (Post 11222851)
I finally fixed my drivers door lock actuator. It's been broken for like 4-5 years.
I found this thread to be very helpful: door-lock-actuator-needed.html

thanx for posting!!!

Murder Snake Jun 3, 2014 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb (Post 11223093)
Painted the plastic on the driver side door interior.

nice work!

Murder Snake Jun 3, 2014 03:25 PM

thanx to 02modlanceroz, and another piece of the puzzle figured out, got the fuel door fixed finally!!!!!!!!!!! now she doesn't have to pry it open with her key.