EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Troubleshooting (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting-203/)
-   -   2008 Lancer "pulls to the left" Issue Petition (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-troubleshooting/293784-2008-lancer-pulls-left-issue-petition.html)

rt122180 Sep 12, 2007 06:10 AM

My car is currently in "mediation" with Mitsubishi regarding the allignment and being considered a "Lemon" This petition will def. help.

Sithlord9849 Sep 12, 2007 05:50 PM

Mine pulls to the left as well, I brought it to the dealership already once before and they said the camber was set incorrectly. Seems that didn't fix the problem though; guess it's back to the dealership. :crap:

FarMer0111 Sep 12, 2007 07:01 PM

My car also pulls to the left, i have the RRM springs on the car so i havent taken it to the dealer but i still dont think that they would have anything to do with it. Plus EVERYONE seems to pull to the left, dont they find that odd sometinhg must be wrong. NO ONE that i know of pulls to the right at all

Hydrolikz Sep 13, 2007 05:56 AM

My Lancer pulls to the left too but I haven't got the time to bring it in to the dealership yet, reading all of these posts now i'm getting a bit worried :(

evo_soul Sep 13, 2007 06:25 AM

can anyone video their cars pulling to the left? i want to see to what degree is the extreme case.

Cheers

Roctght Sep 13, 2007 11:55 AM

I will have to admit, the pull is not as bad as before, but mind you, they have made 4 adjustments to my vehicle. I dont have a camcorder, or else I would video tape it myself. But this is a known issue and they are trying everything they can to avoid addressing it. The rotations and alignments are just band aids, its not addressing the real issue. And as far as the person that said their car is in mediation.......so was mine, thats why I came here, because they denied me. Their corporate guy says its fine after just before he drove it, the service dept said the ticket was open with engineering, so basically it fixed itself, lmao. Funny how you complain, they send a rep from Corporate, that is for Mitsubishi, and its fine, lol. This company is a joke and its exactly why this will be exposed to the media with this petition and all my paperwork with a lawyer.

Blacksheepdj Sep 13, 2007 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roctght (Post 4741281)
This company is a joke and its exactly why this will be exposed to the media with this petition and all my paperwork with a lawyer.

Just make sure you get my name if you start a Class Action Lawsuit. {thumbup}

shinobee1 Sep 13, 2007 03:26 PM

spoke too soon, car is still pulling to the left :(.. Wtf, gonna book an appointment for them to re-align it or something.. Geeeeeeeeeeeez!

Andrew F Sep 13, 2007 04:06 PM

I will have to admit, the pull is not as bad as before, but mind you, they have made 4 adjustments to my vehicle. I dont have a camcorder, or else I would video tape it myself. But this is a known issue and they are trying everything they can to avoid addressing it. The rotations and alignments are just band aids, its not addressing the real issue. And as far as the person that said their car is in mediation.......so was mine, thats why I came here, because they denied me. Their corporate guy says its fine after just before he drove it, the service dept said the ticket was open with engineering, so basically it fixed itself, lmao. Funny how you complain, they send a rep from Corporate, that is for Mitsubishi, and its fine, lol. This company is a joke and its exactly why this will be exposed to the media with this petition and all my paperwork with a lawyer.

See if you can get the dealership or some one around you to help and swap tires. Put your set on another Lancer and the other set on you Lancer and drive it. If it still happens, more proof there is a problem. If not, then it will be a tire issue.

At 1200 miles I took my car in because it was pulling, but I don't remember which way. I know it still barley did it after they rotated my tires, so I will check tonight and post back up. I do know that rotating my tires too care of 85% of the pulling. But I also do know that my steering wheel is a little off to the left, but it is still in spec so Mitsu won't touch it.

There is no caster adjustment on the car, but RPM does sell centric bolts for the car, so that may be an option to pursue later on if they won't fix it for you.

proverb Sep 13, 2007 06:38 PM

Umm quick question do our forward drive lancers get torque in both front wheels? I'm pretty sure only old school forward drive cars had the one sided torque thing goin on.

This thread is so crazy because I just logged on to the forum to talk about mine pullin' to the left so very slightly now.

Bigabedford Sep 13, 2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by proverb (Post 4742648)
Umm quick question do our forward drive lancers get torque in both front wheels? I'm pretty sure only old school forward drive cars had the one sided torque thing goin on.

This thread is so crazy because I just logged on to the forum to talk about mine pullin' to the left so very slightly now.

A lot of fwd cars only have torque on one side, unless it has LSD. Sadly, our car does not have LSD.

WhiteGTS18 Sep 13, 2007 08:00 PM

This company is a joke and its exactly why this will be exposed to the media with this petition and all my paperwork with a lawyer.

I am with you on that one. Its like they sold us all the demo version of the car or something with problems still needing to be worked out. No brand new car should pull any direction especially to this extreme and no new car should crank over tons of times and not start.
I am bringing it to the dealer tomorrow and we will see what happens which by the looks of it im guessing is nothing. all i know is if they claim its fixed and it still does it im driving it down the highway right after and turning it right around and bringing it back if it still does it. To me it seems like a suspention or steering issue not having to do with tires or alignment. I changed my tires and wheels so we know that is not the issue and ive checked all my tire pressures so we know that is out. Since ive owned it with 5 miles on it the wheel has always been cocked to the right a few degrees while driving on the highway and if you let go the wheel will go right to the left and probably change a complete lane in a few seconds. I will give an update tomorrow and make sure to give em hell about it. im not taking a tire rotation or no for an answer.

jappaswat Sep 14, 2007 06:15 AM

mine pulls too!

DoHBoY Sep 14, 2007 06:48 AM

mine pulls to the left slightly but i dont mind it since it forces me to keep my hand on the wheel :lol:. It also seems to be combatable with certain acceleration patterns, it doesnt pull ALL the time.

Whats this talk about our car only having torque on one side? that would probably explain why it pulls to the left if all the pull is going to the right side. And that would explain why its combatable with acceleration habits.

Bigabedford Sep 14, 2007 09:40 AM

my car pulls to the left, i haven't done anything about it though.