EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Member Unresolved Disputes (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/member-unresolved-disputes-339/)
-   -   Scam Alert (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/member-unresolved-disputes/213911-scam-alert.html)

tweakdsm Apr 3, 2007 08:00 AM

another thing, do not buy anything from anyone unless he has good amount of posts and some sell rating...

EVOgMR Apr 16, 2007 10:04 AM

this happened to a friend of mine on the 240sx forums it involved a set of coilovers now he's out on $1000 because of it

wimpy Apr 26, 2007 06:23 AM

I think I got riped off!

I sent a payment out to evoboy8990 using paypal (his email is evolution89@sbcglobal.net) last week and haven't heard anything from him since than. I know he has been checking his PM's but he hasn't replied to me. I know other people are having the same problem with this guy. Check out the thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266196

Who do I need to contact to report this guy.

DanJ Apr 26, 2007 06:58 AM

Since you payed through paypal you can file a complaint and get your money back through them.

SEEnoEVO Apr 26, 2007 07:00 AM

Give him a little more time, I think he is trying to get everything fixed now. I spoke with him yesterday for a while.

Pure Playaer Apr 26, 2007 07:01 AM

what did u buy throu him?

wimpy Apr 26, 2007 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO (Post 4257846)
Give him a little more time, I think he is trying to get everything fixed now. I spoke with him yesterday for a while.

I bought a front bumper from him. I just PM'd someone else who is having problems with him and he said he gave him a different paypal account than he gave me. He has to be up to something.

SEEnoEVO Apr 26, 2007 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 4257865)
I bought a front bumper from him. I just PM'd someone else who is having problems with him and he said he gave him a different paypal account than he gave me. He has to be up to something.

He probably has two accounts and one is currently locked because of what I was going through with him. I talked to him for a while last night, and believe he is taking care of everything today. Give it another 24 hours and see what happens. You can file complaints with paypal up to like 45 days after the transaction. I personally hope it works out for all of us.

wimpy Apr 26, 2007 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO (Post 4257883)
He probably has two accounts and one is currently locked because of what I was going through with him. I talked to him for a while last night, and believe he is taking care of everything today. Give it another 24 hours and see what happens. You can file complaints with paypal up to like 45 days after the transaction. I personally hope it works out for all of us.

I hope it works out too.

Slick-IX Apr 26, 2007 07:14 AM

Paypal would be the ppl to call for a claim, they should have no problem working this out with you.
remember it usually takes about 4-5 for paypal to clear some payments (depending on method) and then another 3-4 to go into the sellers bank acc.

rcheung Apr 26, 2007 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 4257711)
I sent a payment out to evoboy8990 using paypal (his email is evolution89@sbcglobal.net) last week and haven't heard anything from him since than. I know he has been checking his PM's but he hasn't replied to me. I know other people are having the same problem with this guy. Check out the thread below:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=266196

Who do I need to contact to report this guy.

If he's been checking his PM's he has to be aware of the situation. Its definately strange that he never replied back . Sounds fishy to me.

SEEnoEVO Apr 26, 2007 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 4257887)
I hope it works out too.

At least give it another day.

redevoboy Apr 26, 2007 07:24 AM

I would give it one more day, then persue onto paypal. Paypal is great to work with in these types of situations.

wimpy Apr 26, 2007 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by redevoboy (Post 4257953)
I would give it one more day, then persue onto paypal. Paypal is great to work with in these types of situations.

I actually started a paypal dispute just a few minutes before I started the thread. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up about this guy.

wimpy Apr 26, 2007 10:16 AM

I've been looking into him a little more and the only two positive feedbacks he has are from currently disabled accounts. The account names are also a variation of his screen name. I wrote the admin and hopefully he will not be able to post any new threads. I have been contacted by several other people since my last post and they are having problems with him too. He has at least 3 seperate paypal accounts that I know of. Stay away from this guy.