EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Evo X front brake swap for Evo 8/9 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/729179-evo-x-front-brake-swap-evo-8-9-a.html)

honda-guy May 24, 2016 09:28 PM

my fastest lap at VIR last weekend, with the evo x front brake. cold tires on the first lap, over shot turn 1 a little.

honda-guy Jun 9, 2016 08:55 AM

I have RacingBrakes rear BBK for sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ront-rear.html

besk Nov 8, 2016 12:32 PM

hi,thanks to share these infos.
I'd like to swap my evo9 rotors with the evo x 350mm without change brembo.
could I ask you why did you replace the brembos when I read is enough enlarging the mounting holes in the stub to 14mm and replace the bolts ?

kaj Nov 8, 2016 02:30 PM

Just found this thread. If i ever go with an 18" wheel (I REALLY don't want to, though), I will be doing this.
No weird changes in balance, I take it? Just less effort and better in regards to heat? No down side?

honda-guy Nov 8, 2016 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by besk (Post 11681230)
hi,thanks to share these infos.
I'd like to swap my evo9 rotors with the evo x 350mm without change brembo.
could I ask you why did you replace the brembos when I read is enough enlarging the mounting holes in the stub to 14mm and replace the bolts ?

you cant use larger evo x rotors without changing to evo x calipers also. there is no way you can fit larger diameter rotors without changing calipers

honda-guy Nov 8, 2016 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11681282)
Just found this thread. If i ever go with an 18" wheel (I REALLY don't want to, though), I will be doing this.
No weird changes in balance, I take it? Just less effort and better in regards to heat? No down side?

no down side at all, other than having to run 18" wheels. pads have lasted longer and dust boots dont melt after a few track days. you can play around with the brake balance by using different front and rear pad compound

besk Nov 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by honda-guy (Post 11681297)
you cant use larger evo x rotors without changing to evo x calipers also. there is no way you can fit larger diameter rotors without changing calipers

now is clear,thanks man.
Do you know if the evo X brembos are widht than evo9 brembos?to know if they will clear my wheels
are the evo9 brake hose compatible on evox brembos?

cheers

honda-guy Nov 10, 2016 07:07 PM

yes you can reuse evo 9 hose. evo x caliper should have same off set as evo 9. actually i think my 18" rpf1 have more back space clearance with evo x calipers than evo 9 calipers. because the spokes are closer to the calipers towards the hub.

Lukelis Nov 10, 2016 11:18 PM

I just did the same swap for my evo 9, but I changed all 4

honda-guy Nov 11, 2016 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lukelis (Post 11682180)
I just did the same swap for my evo 9, but I changed all 4

you did the evo x rear swap also? thought that wasn't direct bolt on

Lukelis Nov 11, 2016 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by honda-guy (Post 11682198)
you did the evo x rear swap also? thought that wasn't direct bolt on

Yes, I did, just make one hole like ellipse

besk Jan 12, 2017 03:47 PM

Is the mod reversible for the front callipers ?
I mean After did the enlargement of the hole, will be possible to re install the evo 9 callipers?

honda-guy Jan 12, 2017 09:23 PM

i had plan to make a custom sleeve to put in the whole if i want to put the evo 9 calipers back on. i've seen similar sleeve on wilwood BBK brackets.

spoolin turbo Jan 18, 2017 06:38 AM

Anyone have a side by side of the rear calipers EVO X vs EVO V8/9. Im trying to see how much if any they are physically bigger. I have a set of EVO X fronts that wont work for my application but need to see rears.
Thanks

LetsGetThisDone Jan 18, 2017 10:36 AM

The rear disk is larger in diameter. The pad is about the same. The Evo X caliper will not bolt up to the 8/9 rear knuckle, the spacing of the mounting holes is different.