EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   English Racing ACD Tune Pre-Season Sale 2018 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/747139-english-racing-acd-tune-pre-season-sale-2018-a.html)

Dallas J Mar 7, 2018 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tuxevo (Post 11808183)
Here's my next question; what happens to the diff when the acd ecm is disconnected? Does it stay open or locked?
I put in my order so now I get to pull the ecm, but this weekend is the annual wake up from hibernation maintenance ritual. Can I drive the car to get aligned/balanced (new suspension bits) without the acd control unit installed?

We tried some different things early on with the ACD which ended up causing it to just do nothing (stays open). The car is certainly driveable on the street but racing like that is a total nightmare. Once one end gives up, it just fully lets go. And if you have an evo setup right, that will probably lead to massive oversteer and not really the good kind.

kikiturbo Mar 7, 2018 08:47 PM

Mine was an understeering pig without the ACD and AYC.. :D but I did drive like that for a couple of months..

V.8MR Mar 7, 2018 08:52 PM

Semi related question. Can I drive my car without the pump hooked up and no ACD fluid? T-case is filled of course...

heel2toe Mar 8, 2018 10:55 AM

Yeah its fine. Just cap off any lines to stop debris getting into the system. And obviously no power to the pump or solenoid...

V.8MR Mar 8, 2018 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by heel2toe (Post 11808440)
Yeah its fine. Just cap off any lines to stop debris getting into the system. And obviously no power to the pump or solenoid...

To confirm, this is my fresh built ACD T-case from TRE. So the ACD portion is completely dry. Just has Tcase fluid in it.

heel2toe Mar 8, 2018 01:08 PM

Yeah the lubrication comes from the gear oil. I had my pump off my car for a few weeks before I got around to finishing relocating it to the trunk. I never disconnected the banjo from the xcase but rather started my line right where that rubber line connects in the trans tunnel. But it was capped off with whatever ATF fluid was left in the system. So while my system wasnt completely dry I still dont see it being an issue.

Maybe ask Kiki he's an ACD guru. Or perhaps email Jon?

LetsGetThisDone Mar 8, 2018 01:30 PM

The ATF you put in the ACD reservoir which goes through the pump and down the line doesn't lube anything. All it does is apply pressure to the piston, which applies pressure to the clutch pack. So, yes, it'll be fine. I would install the line on the case though so nothing gets in there.

Tuxevo Mar 8, 2018 04:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses to my questions. The ecm is out and on its way to ER. I'll report back when I get it completes the return trip and I get back on the track.

kyoo Mar 8, 2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tuxevo (Post 11808505)
Thanks everyone for the responses to my questions. The ecm is out and on its way to ER. I'll report back when I get it completes the return trip and I get back on the track.

what kind of usage exactly does your evo see? looking forward to hearing about it

Tuxevo Mar 8, 2018 08:20 PM

HPDEs mostly. My two closest circuit facilities are summit point and NJMP. Maybe I'll make it down to VIR this year, but we'll see.

kyoo Mar 9, 2018 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tuxevo (Post 11808533)
HPDEs mostly. My two closest circuit facilities are summit point and NJMP. Maybe I'll make it down to VIR this year, but we'll see.

excellent, looking forward to hearing your review

jheff Mar 9, 2018 09:08 PM

hmmm, while the car is apart to fix my transmission issue, I may have to send my ACD ECM to ER. that combined with the new trans (planning on TRE) with a Maxx-Lock rear diff and im set!

Going to have to drive easy for a while to get used to the new way it handles.

kyoo Mar 10, 2018 07:10 AM

new trans with max lock ? you mean the rear diff? if you're doing rear diff and acd i'd do one at a time honestly to see what it's doing where. for me there was a small difference on power-on oversteer because i already had a rear diff, huge changes in turn-in mid corner

kyoo Mar 20, 2018 09:20 AM

finally took the car for a spin - rotates awesome. English Racing leaves the "Snow" mode as stock Tarmac, and the difference is pretty incredible

Dallas J Mar 20, 2018 09:25 AM

Its kind of interesting how its done on the ER ACD tune with the order being actually backwards from OEM. But I actually like it. I can quickly on the fly hit the button to decrease lockup if needed. Would be easy enough on track to go from max to mid or mid to low on a straight.

And the Snow is the same lockup as OEM, but it keeps the lockup to a higher speed. Stock ECM tapers it off above a pretty low speed (Im thinking it was something like 30mph). That might be fine for stock power levels, but I could see why higher speed 2nd corner exit definitely wasnt the same as low speed 2nd previously. After the tune, it should be consistent.