EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Post your competition suspension set ups here! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/750076-post-your-competition-suspension-set-ups-here.html)

MrAWD Jul 15, 2023 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 11970796)
lol yea after run 2 i always sprayed my front tires down

On a hot day, I spray them after every run! :)

LetsGetThisDone Jul 15, 2023 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J
You don’t autox but you also claim ax doesn’t put as much heat in the tires…. Yeah, no.

AX builds a ton of heat because it’s 60sec of max aggression with little wind and then just sit and heat soak. We do need tires to work cold, but that doesn’t mean that heat isn’t a constant concern.

We cool tires after even first runs to make sure by last runs they aren’t so hot they grease up.

Maybe where you run is different. But my region we have about 15-20 minutes between runs. So everything cools off for the most part.

kaj Jul 15, 2023 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone (Post 11970818)
Maybe where you run is different. But my region we have about 15-20 minutes between runs. So everything cools off for the most part.

Wow. We basically hot lap.

LetsGetThisDone Jul 15, 2023 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
Wow. We basically hot lap.

Yeah. It's why I never go. Takes a 6:30am-5pm day to get your 7-8 runs in, as well as working the course for 3-4 hours. It's painfully painful.

ViciousLSD Jul 16, 2023 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone (Post 11970824)
Yeah. It's why I never go. Takes a 6:30am-5pm day to get your 7-8 runs in, as well as working the course for 3-4 hours. It's painfully painful.

track day or autox day, its all just a few seconds of managing turns
3-4 hrs working the course is bad! 1hr max over here. in some clubs we can even buy no-work assignments

kaj Jul 16, 2023 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by LetsGetThisDone (Post 11970824)

Oh, hell no. We were usually done by 1pm or so. Autocross is not something I would want to do all day. Being a half day long event was part of what made acceptable for me.

Dallas J Jul 16, 2023 02:53 PM

Yep, half day long and Im chief of tech so I just work the morning.

kaj Jul 16, 2023 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J (Post 11970832)
Yep, half day long and Im chief of tech so I just work the morning.

Genius! Had I made AX a long-term deal, I would have DEFINITELY fought for that tech spot hahaha.

kyoo Jul 17, 2023 06:37 AM

i used to work registration in the mornings, and we knew ahead of time what class runs what heat. sometimes i'd be done before lunch, lmao.

kyoo Jul 19, 2023 08:27 AM

found my squeak. not endlinks, not sway bar bushing greasing, both of which i replaced, but... the makeshift battery tie down that was drilled through the trunk floor on one side was getting loose and the hook was rubbing or moving around or something. caused quite the racket.

i signed up for a ny autocross in a few weeks - will be my first in the area, first in a while. i took a look at the site and it's much, much smaller than what i'm used to. i may set the sway bar on it's most oversteer-y setting to help the car turn around some of the tight stuff

ViciousLSD Jul 19, 2023 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 11970899)
found my squeak. not endlinks, not sway bar bushing greasing, both of which i replaced, but... the makeshift battery tie down that was drilled through the trunk floor on one side was getting loose and the hook was rubbing or moving around or something. caused quite the racket.

i signed up for a ny autocross in a few weeks - will be my first in the area, first in a while. i took a look at the site and it's much, much smaller than what i'm used to. i may set the sway bar on it's most oversteer-y setting to help the car turn around some of the tight stuff

which site is that? you need to do the Metlife Stadium with NNJR :)

kyoo Jul 19, 2023 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD (Post 11970901)
which site is that? you need to do the Metlife Stadium with NNJR :)

NASSAU COLISEUM LOT #2 - looks tiny, tight, and short

JONES BEACH LOT #3 - looks pretty good.

ViciousLSD Jul 19, 2023 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 11970902)
NASSAU COLISEUM LOT #2 - looks tiny, tight, and short

JONES BEACH LOT #3 - looks pretty good.

I hope they're better now. In the boroughs i think the best site is Orchard Beach, Bronx. Not sure if they still run there.
have fun

CaptainSquirts Aug 16, 2023 09:54 AM

I searched around on the forums but, I picked up a set of FA pro 2. From searching, I read to get the external canisters inside the trunk is you gotta drill a hole at the bottom of the trunk to get them in? Is that the only option? Did verify with fortune auto that if you do disconnect the external reservoir it does compromise it.

ViciousLSD Aug 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts (Post 11971789)
I searched around on the forums but, I picked up a set of FA pro 2. From searching, I read to get the external canisters inside the trunk is you gotta drill a hole at the bottom of the trunk to get them in? Is that the only option?

what about the hole on the adjustable camber plates?