EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   Carbonworks: Splitter Pics - You be the Judge! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/277629-carbonworks-splitter-pics-you-judge.html)

evo637 Jun 18, 2007 04:43 PM

just because it's potentially going to be scrapped, doesn't mean it has to look like crap...Hope it only cost $100, cuz it looks like $25 maybe even less..

robertrinaustin Jun 18, 2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by smokedmustang (Post 4449953)
I think (in a nice world) Carbonworks should get him another (QUALITY)one for free, and then re-BUILD their relationship with the evom community. If they did that, I might venture over there to get something from them. Good faith effort should come from their end first though. just my 2c.

They wouldn't do it for me and basically told me to stick it when I complained about the miserable quality. Buyer beware, whatever you get is what you're stuck with when it comes to this guy.

broodwich Jun 18, 2007 04:54 PM

And that's the good side? :dunno: Cheese and rice, that's horrible.

WhatNoise??? Jun 18, 2007 05:02 PM

There is simply no excuse for a vendor to send something with such piss-poor quality to a consumer.

To Carbonworks … sending that out is an embarassment to your company, at best. What an absolute joke. It seriously looks like a paper-mâché project by an epileptic, special-ed kindergarten student. WTF? {thumbdwn}

talentsearch301 Jun 18, 2007 05:26 PM

Ive added pics of both sides

Jonathan (Carbonworks)
If your completed pics look any different than these...please post them

badstainless Jun 18, 2007 05:40 PM

Nope never buying anything bearing the carbonworks name! Both sides look like a 5 yearold tried making carbon fiber aero pieces for the first time.. PICS DO NOT LIE!! That piece isnt worthy of being on a show evo... its not even worthy of being on a junked evo.

badstainless Jun 18, 2007 05:50 PM

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6...onworkslb9.jpg

emagdnim8 Jun 18, 2007 05:55 PM

This thread keeps getting better :lol:

smokedmustang Jun 18, 2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by badstainless (Post 4450221)

:eek: :eek: Budget cuts for a stealthy look I guess.:lol:

s2kguy Jun 18, 2007 08:03 PM

What a pos, I hope your legal proceedings are still in full swing.

This guy just needs to be banned as a vendor on this site, end of story.

revvin9k Jun 18, 2007 08:37 PM

Thats the piece the shop dog must have bitten out of. :lol: :lol:

nofear Jun 18, 2007 09:00 PM

Thats 5whp right there. weight savings I reckon!!

evo3matt Jun 18, 2007 09:03 PM

so you really paid 500 dollars for that? the carbon lines aren't straight, the clear looks like clear tape was put on it, i can honestly say i wouldn't be paid to touch that thing, it just looks like absolute crap.

mifesto Jun 18, 2007 09:13 PM

theres absolutely no excuse for this quality.... irrelevant of if he's a troublesome customer or not. you as a vendor KNEW he would post this if the quality was sub-par and you went beyond it, in a worst way. thank god me and my friends never show carbonworks lol.

i can basically guess what you guys at carbonworks decided, hey this guys a pain in the butt but we're busy so lets just get something out and get him off our back. WRONG, word of mouth spreads fast and you loose potential customers.

blackbichGSX Jun 18, 2007 09:37 PM

I hate to see people who spend there hard earned money on products and get these kind of results. Whether this is what Carbonworks sends to everyone or not, it is obvious there quality control is in the trash, and so is there workmanship. I have already lost out on 1K due to RnR racing screwing everyone, and I do relize that this does not happen to everyone, but it did. RnR did not screw everyone, but they did screw some, and look where they are now.... Carbonworks you need to establish some type of quality for your products and meet that as a supplier to your customers. If having quality is something you can not perform then you need to focus your attention on other products because carbon is not the place for you. With the attention you are receiving from this one mistake I am sure you are loosing more money in customers than that part would have cost if you were to just ship him one from APR and take the loss.