EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   Hta green (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/492125-hta-green.html)

dmoevo May 28, 2010 10:01 AM

:DI just looked at my boost plots from my stock turbo to the hta green and to tell you the truth it's almost identical.

I think I see the bbk vs hta green back to back comparison happening very soon:D

CBRD May 28, 2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by dmoevo (Post 8351495)
:DI just looked at my boost plots from my stock turbo to the hta green and to tell you the truth it's almost identical.

I think I see the bbk vs hta green back to back comparison happening very soon:D

and then our new turbo will be released and the cycle will start over again LOL LOL!

cb

dmoevo May 28, 2010 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by CBRD (Post 8351570)
and then our new turbo will be released and the cycle will start over again LOL LOL!

cb

Sooo if you over power the green then it's up against the red and then the black and the orange and then yellow. Lol

kanyonkid May 31, 2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX (Post 8345365)
Don't listen to the haters those are great #'s for that dyno on piss 91 and 22psi.
I made 312whp/306wtq on the same dyno on the stock turbo piss 91 and 23psi and my car feels fast, I bet your HTA green feels like a monster. Thanks for sharing your results because I was looking for a 400+whp turbo and this helps a lot, I'm going to order my HTA green soon.:thumbup:

This is actually 93 oct. It is tuned so conservative that i can run 91 piss cali gas hard at the track and still have no issues... My car see's the track at least twice a month with at least 4 autox a month along with daily hard driving in the canyons. Gotta be conservative!!! Im taking off the o2 dump tho, that thing is freaking annoying after 10 minutes of WOT and it heat soaks my oil system really bad. O2 dump for road racing equalls {thumbdwn} BTW this turbo matched with Muellerized Motons is tits of all tits :D Buts thats another story...

RockmanX May 31, 2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by kanyonkid (Post 8358256)
This is actually 93 oct. It is tuned so conservative that i can run 91 piss cali gas hard at the track and still have no issues... My car see's the track at least twice a month with at least 4 autox a month along with daily hard driving in the canyons. Gotta be conservative!!! Im taking off the o2 dump tho, that thing is freaking annoying after 10 minutes of WOT and it heat soaks my oil system really bad. O2 dump for road racing equalls {thumbdwn} BTW this turbo matched with Muellerized Motons is tits of all tits :D Buts thats another story...

so your saying the o2 dump is just loud and obnoxious?? Almost like having a loud exhaust its cool at first but gets on your nerves because how loud it can be all the time.

Macaroni May 31, 2010 01:31 PM

It's not for everyone. I however have a completely straight piped exhaust with o2 dump and love it.

kanyonkid Jun 1, 2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by RockmanX (Post 8358369)
so your saying the o2 dump is just loud and obnoxious?? Almost like having a loud exhaust its cool at first but gets on your nerves because how loud it can be all the time.

its blistering loud on a roadcourse and thats all u hear... if it didnt heat soak the oil i would play with it a lil longer... It's definately a drag strip mod imo

PoloTurbo Jun 2, 2010 09:25 AM

Hey Kanyonkid

I was wondering how much more WHP does your HTA makes compare to a stock evo9 turbo?
I'm speaking about pump gas, same conservative RR kinda tune for all out 20-30 min sessions and reliability.

I'm between just throwing on the evo9 and try it or sending it to FP for an HTA. I will only use 94 octane gas. Is it 30-40 more on the same boost level or less?

any help would be appreciated.

Great looking setup you got, hope you have fun at the track. :)

kanyonkid Jun 7, 2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by PoloTurbo (Post 8364753)
Hey Kanyonkid

I was wondering how much more WHP does your HTA makes compare to a stock evo9 turbo?
I'm speaking about pump gas, same conservative RR kinda tune for all out 20-30 min sessions and reliability.

I'm between just throwing on the evo9 and try it or sending it to FP for an HTA. I will only use 94 octane gas. Is it 30-40 more on the same boost level or less?

any help would be appreciated.

Great looking setup you got, hope you have fun at the track. :)

well fwiw. My estimate via DataLogLab right before the green swap i was at 327/304 at 24psi with a pissed off tune.... I would get knock after 1 minute on the track. Havnt seen knock with my Green tune and ive driven very hard for an extended amount of time... so if u look at it this way even tho it doesnt really matter, i gained 70whp