EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide-173/)
-   -   Quick pics of HFS-5 Install (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide/277831-quick-pics-hfs-5-install.html)

dudical26 Jun 20, 2007 05:37 PM

for the fuse - that makes sense

I thought of one other thing. I think it would be great if you could unplug the gauge. Having to remove the entire line that was run during the install just to remove the gauge seems silly. I understand that you don't want plugs on the wires so that you can run it through tiny holes, but putting a connection on the back of the DDS3 gauge would not compromise this ability. Almost every gauge I have seen has a female connector that is molded into the back of the case for the gauge, then you simply plug the wires into the back of the gauge.

Is there some way to remove the wires that I just don't know about?

aqmist Jun 20, 2007 06:09 PM

If you would like, I have plugs and terminals so you can do this on your current system if you would like. It would not be a plug to the back of the gauge itself, but it would allow you to easily disconnect and connect the gauge.

Your current setup
Gauge ----Long length of wires-----------------------------------------------Junction box

Modded setup using the plugs and terminals I can supply you
Gauge ----short length of wires -----plug-------Long length of wires------junction box

You mentioned something that others have brought up. Going forward Richard is working on tweaks to how things hook up such as the DDS3.

Keep the feedback coming, for the most part Richard has been dealing mostly with professional installers and as such feedback is a little narrow, with more do it your self installs Richard will see a bigger picture.

dudical26 Jun 25, 2007 01:18 PM

bump for updated first post

ForgivenxSoulja Jul 6, 2007 04:12 AM

Nice pics how you liking the alky ?

dudical26 Jul 6, 2007 05:24 AM

I dont have the car running on the meth yet as I am still tuning for my new injectors. I will have it all up and run within a week or so.

thatguy Jul 26, 2007 02:18 PM

thanks for taking the time to document the install, its extremely helpful.

dudical26 Jul 27, 2007 05:14 AM

Your welcome, and thanks for noticing the effort.

evilempire76 Aug 1, 2007 07:41 PM

Nice setup! I can't wait to get mine. I was wondering what size and how many nozzles you are running on your setup? It looks like two. I'm currenlty in the group buy for the HSF-1, but I opted to pay for the -5 upgrade, so I need to know if I need to order an extra injector?

dudical26 Aug 2, 2007 05:27 AM

I am running two .7mm nozzles.

Your kit will come with .8 .9 and 1.0 nozzles.

Whoop_ass Aug 2, 2007 11:11 PM

dude just downloaded your wright up!!

DAMN!!
nice job and thanks very much for the massive effort, this will help plenty{thumbup} {thumbup}

dudical26 Aug 3, 2007 05:10 AM

I'm glad it helps. Let me know if you think there are any area's that can be improved.

Evoryder Aug 8, 2007 05:39 PM

sick!

bnice01 Aug 8, 2007 06:42 PM

looking good ;)

Mellon Racing Sep 3, 2007 01:56 PM

great tutorial, I'll be using this soon hopefully

joah1660 Sep 3, 2007 03:46 PM

How long did the install take you?