EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide-173/)
-   -   Aquamist HSF-5 Phase I Complete: (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/water-methanol-injection-nitrous-oxide/289969-aquamist-hsf-5-phase-i-complete.html)

xiaoni420 Sep 5, 2007 08:40 PM

Very nice numbers Binh!! :drink:

dubbleugly01 Sep 5, 2007 09:22 PM

sweet, nice install and nice numbers. congrats! methanol.... it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Anyone remember Anita Bryant? Or am I showing my age?

Turbo Kyle Sep 5, 2007 09:48 PM

Nice Bro!!! 30 psi, no head studs...LOL. Put em' in buddy! Killer numbers....great results....probably my next mod.

SlowCar Sep 5, 2007 10:28 PM

Congrats Binh!

EVO8LTW Sep 6, 2007 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by binh (Post 4715466)
Now on to the bad news. Mark was running the car pretty hard on the dyno repeatedly to tune my base map, the aem boost solenoid, and then my car on the meth and 30psi. He let the car sit awhile and cool between each session.

On the final run the coolant reservoir started to overflow. I'm not sure if it was from the repeated runs or from the head lifting...

I bought some ARP's and I'm going to install them tomorrow.

The car drove home completely fine on the boost turned down to 24 psi. No smoke. No hesitation. Nothing.

Did you verify that there's no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, or do a compression test? I'd keep a close eye on it. You don't want to spin a bearing if you've got a blown headgasket.

binh Sep 6, 2007 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW (Post 4716187)
Did you verify that there's no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil, or do a compression test? I'd keep a close eye on it. You don't want to spin a bearing if you've got a blown headgasket.

Yes, I'm going to keep a very close eye on it but I still don't think the head lifted. There are no other ill symptoms. I'm going to go check her out right now. :)

mitsuorder Sep 6, 2007 06:44 PM

Eek, sorry to hear that you pushed so hard on stock stretch bolts. You can get a kit from NAPA that will allow you to test if any gas fumes are present in the coolant like here. They have worked for me in the past. You guys are going crazy with this meth stuff :D

binh Sep 8, 2007 04:58 AM

I've been driving the car a lot (150 miles yesterday) to make sure everything is ok and this is me when I get on the gas pedal------>:D

I checked the overflow a few times after a few spirited runs and there were no problems whatsoever.

The car feels really fast. I love it. {thumbup}

mitsuorder Sep 9, 2007 04:19 PM

Just be careful as things can get really expensive really fast.

binh Sep 9, 2007 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mitsuorder (Post 4726962)
Just be careful as things can get really expensive really fast.

Words of wisdom right here but everything seems to be doing great. Did some bench test racing with a car that was kicking my ass before the meth and I'm VERY happy with the outcome.

Richard L Sep 10, 2007 12:32 AM

so you got your ass kicked again? :lol: