Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

GROUP BUY: Gauge Panel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you plug my thread one more time .... I'm going to have the mods ban you a$$ from the forum for good.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Volunteer
Check out this panel guys, had to order one for the the little bit of money difference its a much better product. The guys are great to deal with.
First of all this has no place in this thread.

Second of all, you are double stick taping that panel to the back of your trim plate... OR if you follow their instructions it just hangs in there free and loose relying on the bezels of your gauges to hold it in place. So explain how that is better than a panel that mounts solid AND grabs the gauges to the point where they are hard to rotate by hand?

Know what you are comparing before you try and post things like this. You'll immediately find with that panel you just posted that your gagues will wobble in place, and you will have a hard time keeping the assembly from trying to pull back through the trim plate.

Last edited by sdhotwn; Mar 15, 2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out this panel guys, had to order one for the little bit of money difference its a much better product. The guys are great to deal with.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/lancer.htm#new
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by livelyjay
If you plug my thread one more time .... I'm going to have the mods ban you a$$ from the forum for good.
Don't get your panties in a wad, people search these forums for solutions. I'm simply showing there are options. I like the panel you are promoting, and was going to purchase one. I simply like the other better. The Mod threats don't work, how many people in here get banned and come back as someone else! I'm not 19.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Don't get your panties in a wad, people search these forums for solutions. I'm simply showing there are options. I like the panel you are promoting, and was going to purchase one. I simply like the other better. The Mod threats don't work, how many people in here get banned and come back as someone else! I'm not 19.
This is a Group Buy thread for a specific panel, not a "gauge panel solutions" thread, thus it has no place. This same issue came up previously and was dealt with and the mods deleted those posts and made it clear that it shouldn't happen plain and simple.

And as I stated, it's great that you say it's a "much better product" yet forget to mention the points that I did... you have to tape it in place or rely on your bezels to hold the panel in place. It will rock slightly in the opening as well. NSN could have done the same thing, and could do it now and knock it out for less cost than that panel, but it is a poor solution.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sdhotwn
This is a Group Buy thread for a specific panel, not a "gauge panel solutions" thread, thus it has no place. This same issue came up previously and was dealt with and the mods deleted those posts and made it clear that it shouldn't happen plain and simple.

And as I stated, it's great that you say it's a "much better product" yet forget to mention the points that I did... you have to tape it in place or rely on your bezels to hold the panel in place. It will rock slightly in the opening as well. NSN could have done the same thing, and could do it now and knock it out for less cost than that panel, but it is a poor solution.
Deleted, I didn't read all 15 pages of the thread, or pay attention to the group buy. I followed a link here several weeks ago and subscribed to come back to it when I was ready for panel.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Deleted, I didn't read all 15 pages of the thread, or pay attention to the group buy. I followed a link here several weeks ago and subscribed to come back to it when I was ready for panel.
yeah, the threads get long so very understandable. Thanks for being cool on the whole deal!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 06:41 AM

Bump! Steve still has 3 or 4 panels left for sale! (For Group Buy Peeps)
Old Apr 8, 2005, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

While its apparently not right to talk about other products in this thread I find it amusing that you are taking the time to more or less lie about other ones. You don't use any tape...the panel doesn't rock (nor will it ever) and in over a year mine hasn't moved a millimeter. Since you like getting threads deleted so much maybe you should have your own taken out. Liar.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KillaSweep
While its apparently not right to talk about other products in this thread I find it amusing that you are taking the time to more or less lie about other ones. You don't use any tape...the panel doesn't rock (nor will it ever) and in over a year mine hasn't moved a millimeter. Since you like getting threads deleted so much maybe you should have your own taken out. Liar.
Well then your experience is counter to mine. While they do not say that you need tape to assembly the panels some people have used it to keep theirs in place. Some other panels out on the market do require you to use tape. Additionally, the design you are such a fan of does rely entirely on the gauge bezels to hold thing in place. If you do not get the gauges cinched down tight enough, or if it does begin to work itself loose due to vibration, the panel will begin to rock once clearance opens up between the rear flange and the stock DIN trim. The design also requires the removal of the entire trim any time the gauges need to be serviced or checked or switched. So where am I lying?

While you disagree with my comments, they were addressing a product brought up in this thread that did not belong. I have not in any instance stated anything for my product in any thread intended for the interest or sale of any of the other products, nor do I condone doing any such thing. So before you make accusations and attempt to call me a liar please take the time to actually pay attention to my comments and to the content and situation in which they occur.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

If you do not get the gauges cinched down tight enough, or if it does begin to work itself loose due to vibration, the panel will begin to rock once clearance opens up between the rear flange and the stock DIN trim. The design also requires the removal of the entire trim any time the gauges need to be serviced or checked or switched. So where am I lying?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but not tightening any sort of fastner is going to result in it loosening from vibration. Installing something incorrectly is not a flaw in the product, but rather inability from the installer.....judging by the way you explain how this setup is secured you have never seen it in person or had any experience in the first place to much any such comments.

As far as removing the whole panel to get to the back of the gauges.....removing three screws and pull a panel off isn;t even worth being mentioned as a problem. At least the gauged are secured to the panel and not slip fitted and rely of friction to hold them in place. haha.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KillaSweep
Correct me if i'm wrong, but not tightening any sort of fastner is going to result in it loosening from vibration. Installing something incorrectly is not a flaw in the product, but rather inability from the installer.....judging by the way you explain how this setup is secured you have never seen it in person or had any experience in the first place to much any such comments.

As far as removing the whole panel to get to the back of the gauges.....removing three screws and pull a panel off isn;t even worth being mentioned as a problem. At least the gauged are secured to the panel and not slip fitted and rely of friction to hold them in place. haha.
It uses the studs on the back of the gauges with the mounting bracket to try and cinch the gauges against the face of the panel and the panel against the dash. I have not used one personally but have talked to people that had them. The reason we did the panel the way we did was due to complaints I heard about harsh bumps causing things to get knocked loose and gauges that vibrated too much in the panel. Those were the items I worked to eliminate with our panel. Plain and simple.

Well if you have an issue with a friction fit being used for holding a gauge in place then you better never buy an A-Pillar pod, a dash mount pod, or any of those styles of configuration and you should mention to Autometer who manufaturers many products like that... as well as a number of other manufacturers that their design is a joke to you. You should also then mention it to RRE and that their Carbon Fiber dash pods, which also use that method I believe, are laughable to you as well.

The point from the start was that this is a thread for a product that was created specifically for you guys at a customer request. Individuals came in here and attempted to hawk another panel early on. Then Volunteer commented about the 42DD panel later under more of the impression that this was a solutions thread than a particular product thread which is understandable.

It is so sad that so many individuals have to continue to attempt to always attack new products and attempt to hinder sales or undermine the credibility of potential vendors, but then will be the same individuals who will complain about the lack of aftermarket support. While you have an Evo, KillaSweep, and don't experience a shortage of parts you don't realize the difficulty many lancer owners have in finding good custom parts for their cars. And continual attacks on new/potential vendors and continual "over loyalty" to other products kills growth of support. We've already decided that we will no longer pursue any business or product development for Lancer's due to the issues we've encountered with this community. Keep in mind that we don't make money, we do it for fun and to support other enthusiast... but without it being "fun" and rewarding to help out a community there is nothing in it for us and thus I have not pursued a vendor status nor will I rerun or create any new products for this community unless approached directly by customers seeking something specific which we will make for them. There is no point in continued development for you as it has been nothing but an uphill battle and a loss of money for us. I have 3 panels left, and when they are sold I'll be break even on the project, not positive.. not any money in my pockets or our company's pockets.. simply break even on a venture made regrettable by attitudes.

Ask anyone that has bought a panel, and a couple that returned their panels (one because he had 53mm gauges, and one who had 52mm gauges that he didn't feel comfortalbe making some clearance adjustments to get the gauges to fit) about our service and communication. We are serious about taking care of people and doing the best we can to be a "good" vendor in this business, but that is apparently not taken in good faith regardless.

Last edited by sdhotwn; Apr 15, 2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Ive bought it and am waiting to install it... its great and the gauges fit great... i dida test fit it to make sure it was all good and its amazing. too bad they wont be making anything else for us . The service was amazing as well... He was gonna expedite it for me at cost too himself and his company b/c of a 2 day delay. NO OTHER VENDOR has ever offered to do that.

Last edited by 03RallyLancer; Apr 15, 2005 at 09:51 PM.