Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Intercooled Turbo Kit Group Buy!?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Intercooled Turbo Kit Group Buy!?

I have been speaking a lot with Josh@Jive and he is kinda letting me be the one in charge of a group buy for their new Turbo Kits since Im the first one buying the kit and really want it soon (and want to save a couple hundred bucks) - so I need to get more people interested! Jive has partnered up with www.turbo-kits.com and is running a GB at Jive's cost - $2699 Shipped for an intercooled turbo kit! Here is what comes with the kit:

Lancer Intercooled Turbo Kit Includes:
- Garrett T25 Turbo w/ Wastegate
- Cast Exhaust Manifold
- Chrome Heat Shield
- Downpipe w/ Gasket
- 2 Injectors & Interface Block
- TSI Injection Control Unit w/ Turbo Timer
- TSI Blow Off Valve (BOV)
- TSI High Flow Front-Mount Intercooler
- Polished Aluminum Intercooler Piping
- SS Braided lines for Water Cooling
- SS Braided lines for Oiling
- Return Hose and Fittings for Oil to Pan
- All Hoses & Clamps
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings
- Generic Install Instructions
- Injector Control System Settings

Boost: 6 PSI
HP Gain: 56% Increase (safely on stock engine)
Turbo Efficiency: 300+ HP
Direct Bolt-On: Yes
Warranty: 5 Year on Cast, 1 Year Accessories through www.Turbo-kits.com
Ball Bearing Upgrade: $400.00 - T28 Dual BB Turbo
Fuel System Upgrade: $350.00 - Includes SAFC (or VAFC) & (4) 440cc Injectors

The $2699 Shipped is Jive's cost on the kits - so they are not making any money on these kits! The only reason they are doing this is simply to get this turbo kit out there for those who can't afford a $4100 IC'd kit from Road Race. If you have questions, you can contact Josh@Jive directly by PMing here here on EvoM, or you can go to www.jivemotorsports.com and email him from there. There is more info on their site about this kit and whatnot, so there is a chance your question could be answered by going to their site.

We need to get 11 people to get shipping included in the $2699, so I'll start the list. I haven't paid them yet, but I have the money in hand so the quicker we can get this finished and paid, the quicker more of us Lancer guys will be TC'd!

1. MeWantBoost (ready to pay)

Last edited by MeWantBoost; Aug 31, 2004 at 02:10 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

wow
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

if only you started this 3 months from now i would defintley be down
Old Aug 31, 2004, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

/\ Haha... well, who knows how long it will take to get 10 more people interested. Jive is pretty local to me, but I still have to pay shipping since these kits are getting drop-shipped from turbo-kits.com. To me, its worth it to wait and save a few hundred bucks - but still, the quicker the better!!!
Old Aug 31, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

true if this is still on i will put my name just have to wait for the dough which i will have in 3months
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

so this kit will put you at roughly 187 hp if you go from completely stock to this?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

187 WHP intercooled? what would the power be around if you got the upgraded T28 Dual BB Turbo?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmmm....a guy did a write up on the turbo-kits.com turbo , and he had to fab a bunch of parts to get it to run correctly... I believed he said the instructions were for another brand vehicle and were not helpful, and the intercooler was obscenely big??? Im not sure when that post was made, but i'd check out the company webpage, and i'd want to see pictures of the turbo installed on a lancer.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

also, im totally new to the turbo scene (im just starting my research on them now) but is there any reason that this turbo set up only runs on 6psi while the rrm one runs at almost 9psi? is there a major part of the kit not included in this one that would allow for the extra 3psi?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timdog4life
also, im totally new to the turbo scene (im just starting my research on them now) but is there any reason that this turbo set up only runs on 6psi while the rrm one runs at almost 9psi? is there a major part of the kit not included in this one that would allow for the extra 3psi?
They set it at 6psi to cover their @ss. That way, out of the box, the kit can't blow your engine.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, blaze is correct. You could probably run this kit at 7 or 8 PSI without any internal upgrades... and you can go higher with pistons and rods and stuff. 187 HP does not mean WHEEL HP... Im not sure if that HP increase means wheel HP or HP at the crank. The T28 may handle more boost, but unless you plan on upgrading the internals, the T25 will be totally fine for our little engine.

The guy who did the write up did have good and bad things to say. The only thing that he said was not included in the kit was an extra gasket - simply because the downpipe was like 1/16" short from the cat, so he needed a gasket to fill that gap. Other than that, the IC was a little too large for the T25. Otherwise, the guy LOVED the kit. He said he's had it installed for months and has never ran into a problem!!

Hope all this helps...
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

MaN!.. that's a nice exhaust manifold.. i wish i can use that instead of the RRM up/pipe-down/pipe. But i think that turbo uses an actuator wastegate instead of an external. (someone correct me if i'm wrong) I would love to have an exhaust manifold like that fit with the RRM t-28, but then the manifold would have to have spaces for the wastegate and the O2 sensor. + i can ge their intercooler for probably cheaper. Sound's like a good deal. Good luck with it.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 11:41 PM

Boost - great job setting up this bad boy! I appreciate all your help.

If you guys have questions, please email me personally at Josh@JiveMotorsports.com!
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:01 AM

Somebody asked me if this kit was for Auto or Manuals.... its for both! They suggest you move your battery to the trunk if you have an Auto, simply becuase its a tight fit. Another alternative for you AT guys is get a Mini battery (I think that is what we will do on our shop lancer).
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Before work Bump!