Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Upgraded Fuel Rail 4G94

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 09:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgraded Fuel Rail 4G94

Well i've been kicking around the idea for a long time... i've finally did it.

I took the stock fuel rail and drilled it out nice and big thruout the rail. I've also drilled and tapped two spots on the fuel rail to allow for a gauge connection, NOS fuel supply, additional injector fuel supply, etc. I'll have pics up soon for you to see the difference between stock and drilled out.

This basically accomplishes what the AEM fuel rails do. Allows for a bigger and more constant supply of fuel behind the injectors.

I'll sell the first one for 150 shipped and then after i hear back from that person about it i'll probably sell them for about 180-200shipped. Let me know what you guys think of this product/idea. They are a ***** to do so i'll only do them if people want them. I figure the other companies aren't really helping us out anyway so i stepped up.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

got some pics

I've got some pics... although not the best they show how much bigger the rail and the two Drilled/Tapped/Plugged spots.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:26 PM
EvoM Guru

If you guys think the price needs to come down let me know also... i just compaired it with other fuel rail costs for other cars... that and the fact that there isn't anything like this out there. This is trully guaranteed to fit...
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What are the advantages?

What situations would it show the most benefit (NA, turbo, turbo stage 2, etc.)?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome.....good job stepping up on this one Boe.....I'd buy that first one off you if I weren't planning to move cross country. Will definetly line up for one later tho.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Thanks Ur...

The advantages are a more steady supply of fuel and thus a more stable/steady flow of fuel thru the injectors. This will allow for the car to run smoother and with less hesitation due to static fuel pressure drop when injectors open at high rpms. The higher your rpms the faster the injectors are opening and closing to keep up. This can make a slight/sudden drop in the rail if there isn't enough room to buffer/make it up.

NA guys with cams can see advantages with this mod as well as all turbo guys. Turbo guys see it the most. Regular NA guys can use this if they are running a Wet NOS system. Also guys who want to do custom work with Throttlebodies, cams, turbo kits, etc... it is a great way to ensure your fuel supply will meet your demands without a problem. It can also take away the need for a bigger pump in NA applications... such as NOS, Cams, Throttle Bodies, etc.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hmmmm. Since I'm thinking about turboing, I'm kinda interested. Dunno if I can afford it at the moment, though. I may jump on it if no one else does.

PS - Boe, check your RRM email! I sent some turbo questions!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

boe, how about straight na setups....i got a fpr, rrm headers, wires...and a few others..nothing special....would this be an appropiate mod?? as you know...i've been looking for a place for my fuel pressure guage (1/8).... being that i got stock injectors and pump...and nutin else really "special" can i use this?..
Old Sep 9, 2004, 01:22 PM
EvoM Guru

yes you can... especially since i know your going to moding more later. The fitting are on the underside of the fuel rail thus you'd need to get you a few 90 degree fittings to make the gauge appear up top. Not a big deal... can get them at any auto store.

Hectik your actually the kindof person i want to try this on. You have simple mods. Shoot me a pm if your interested and we'll talk. I know this will benefit any Forced Induction person but i want to know how a NA guy feels about it. I'll hook up the price for you to find out.

Blacksheep... this will benefit turbo guys for sure but if you want to try NA send me a pm and i'll hook you up like Hectik. I really want to know what the NA guys feel on these.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 01:51 PM
EvoM Guru

blacksheep... i answered you email from RRM. Also sent you and hectic pm's.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

HELL YEAH

I would mos def be interested in one of those puppies even for 200 or so. I think it would really be worth the cash ( once i get said cash of course )
Old Sep 9, 2004, 05:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Cool. I'm going to wait and only sell the two for now. I want some feedback from hectik and blacksheep before i proceed. I know this is a good thing but i want to be honest in recommending them or not recommending them for NA people.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

I'd be interested in one also Boe. I've got my rising rate FPR sitting around waiting for install and have all the boltons done outside of tb and intake manifold.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

What size did you drill and tap for the fuel gauge? How hard would it be to drill and tap for the every day person? I figure boring out the rail is the most difficult part, but if I can drill and tap that section for a gauge myself, I can hold off on buying this till after my turbo kit.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 07:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Tapping isn't very hard but isn't very easy either. The rail is aluminum so it doesn't like to be tapped easily. You can drill out the hole into the rail and tap it yourself if you feel comfortable with doing so. Once you've drilled it though there is no turning back. If you mess up the tap your in trouble. I tapped it using a 1/8" NPT and drilled it with appropriate drill for that tap. You can probably get the drill/tap set at home depot.

Quick Reply: Upgraded Fuel Rail 4G94