EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/private-evo-1-9-sale-wanted-17/)
-   -   FS- Used ACT Clutch (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/private-evo-1-9-sale-wanted/123679-fs-used-act-clutch.html)

Fas4dr Feb 18, 2005 07:28 PM

FS- Used ACT Clutch

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys I have a slightly used (3K mile) Act clutch for sale. It's in very good shape and was broken in properly. The only thing wrong with this clutch is the surface scratches that happend when my mechanic was trying to release the tob.

Also what is nice about this clutch is that I had all the yellow paint removed from the pressure plate so it looks like the stocker.

$150/obo

EDIT** It's hard to notice but the middle picture is one of the act stamp, the date it was made by act and shows the scratches on the plate I described.

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 08:11 AM

bump.

Dr. Fob Feb 20, 2005 11:03 AM

PM'ed you.

gsujeff55 Feb 20, 2005 02:33 PM

ha, had all the yellow paint removed to look like the stocker? why would you do that? it isn't as if someone can just check what clutch you have.

sounds fishy

feriosi'evotwin Feb 20, 2005 02:36 PM

it looks like a stock clutch act pressure plate fingers look way different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
ha, had all the yellow paint removed to look like the stocker? why would you do that? it isn't as if someone can just check what clutch you have.

sounds fishy

There is a service hole in the bottom of the tranny to get access to the tob, obviously you didn't know this.

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by feriosi'evotwin
it looks like a stock clutch act pressure plate fingers look way different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? So did I egrave the act symbol on the clutch myself? Please post a pic of a stock pressure plate and compare the two for me please to prove your point. If not please don't clutter my thread, I would not sell anything unless it was what I promised. Whoever buys this clutch will not be dissappointed.

gsujeff55 Feb 20, 2005 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fas4dr
There is a service hole in the bottom of the tranny to get access to the tob, obviously you didn't know this.

i still don't get the point.

i need a clutch, and im interested, this is why im concerned.

any idea how much a new disc is?

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 08:42 PM

If you crawl under the car there is about a 2" hole in the bottom of the tranny that has a rubber plug in it. If you pull this plug out you can look into this hole and see the pressure plate and tob. If you happen to have an aftermarket clutch on the vehicle with a pretty painted pressure plate it can be seen through this hole.

I think a new disc runs about $150 I think.

gsujeff55 Feb 20, 2005 08:46 PM

ok, i understand you can see through the hole. BIG DEAL, thats what im saying.

why does it matter that someone could see it? its a farking clutch.

and ill check tomorrow on how much a disc costs and get back with you.

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 09:07 PM

It's just one less thing for them to hassle you about if you need to take the car to the dealer for service. I don't think they need anymore excuses to try to void a vehicle's warranty.

That's fine, let me know.

Dr. Fob Feb 20, 2005 09:34 PM

Consider it sold....

Fas4dr Feb 20, 2005 09:43 PM

Sold