Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

700hp Compound Turbo Set-up (gt2871r & gt4094r turbos)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One expensive hunk of INCONEL bellowl!

This will take care of the expansion from header to gt4294r to return tube. It's an expansion bellow for pre-turbo heat/vibration relief for the big turbo.

The main Burn's collector already has double slip (which is awesome) so that will take care of the gt2871r side of things.

Name:  inconel.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  88.5 KB
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:20 PM

What a surprise! I finally found a local E85 gas station! I'm sooooooo HAPPY!!!

I'll definitely be using E85 for my compound set-up!

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/loca...ptype=stations
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome build you got going on nice to see something diffrent you are think way outta the boy and thats cool as well i am going to keep a eye on this so keep the updates rolling.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is some nice fab work man keep up the good work
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Man this is an awesome build, I cant wait to see the finished product. Best of luck.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:43 AM

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Mitsubishi Evo 3 was my first race car in the Philippines. I love it.

When I went to Rhode Island, I was about to buy an Evo 8 to build, but I wanted to try a RWD and something different, that's why I went to buy the Sky Redline.

I would like to see one day, an EVO with compound turbo as well. Im hoping that one of you guys will do it! It will be a beast!!!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Love this build. Way to go above and beyond to be different! cant wait to see the finished result
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:27 PM

Glad you shared this man, amazing build. Can't wait to hear it run
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:08 AM
Account Disabled

Nice job on the build so far! BTF is an AWESOME fabricator. I used to have a 09 Cobalt SS/TC, and I put down 486whp on it before a little bit of water intake from hurricane earl caused me to throw a rod. I still kinda miss that car... But, none the less, I know EXACTLY what you mean by not having much aftermarket support. Really the only ones who still regularly try to get support for you guys is BTF, ZZP, and maybe Dejon. But back to original subject. Can't wait to see the end results! Keep us updated.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by LeveeciusEVOIX
Nice job on the build so far! BTF is an AWESOME fabricator. I used to have a 09 Cobalt SS/TC, and I put down 486whp on it before a little bit of water intake from hurricane earl caused me to throw a rod. I still kinda miss that car... But, none the less, I know EXACTLY what you mean by not having much aftermarket support. Really the only ones who still regularly try to get support for you guys is BTF, ZZP, and maybe Dejon. But back to original subject. Can't wait to see the end results! Keep us updated.
oh wow, your an ex-ecotec guy, huh?

now you have an EVO! Great upgrade!

now that I have a RWD car.....I'll never go back to FWD. If I get another car, it will be another RWD.....or AWD!

only LNF vendor right now who are active are ZZP, Werks, and DDM.

BTF no longer do any LNF upgrades. He's into hondas and STi's now, unfortunately

I asked BTF a huge favor to customize me my manifold, and he agreed since he was also very interested with my project.

It gets expensive with customizations....which is the sucky part with a dead platform such as the Saturn Sky Redline/Pontiac Solstice.

Oh well!

I'm hoping that BTF will be finished soon. It's been a long wait......
This is his 3rd version of the kit. Packaging it without clearance issues is a PITA.

The easiest way is either have a turbo sticking out of the hood.......or have the exhaust sticking out of the front fender. Both ....which I don't want to do on my car. I'll probably be stopped by POPOS....left and right........lol

I think this 3rd revision is the final one.......and then its tuning time
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Very nice build never seen a sky before so hooked up.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:40 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SKY888
oh wow, your an ex-ecotec guy, huh?

now you have an EVO! Great upgrade!

now that I have a RWD car.....I'll never go back to FWD. If I get another car, it will be another RWD.....or AWD!

only LNF vendor right now who are active are ZZP, Werks, and DDM.

BTF no longer do any LNF upgrades. He's into hondas and STi's now, unfortunately

I asked BTF a huge favor to customize me my manifold, and he agreed since he was also very interested with my project.

It gets expensive with customizations....which is the sucky part with a dead platform such as the Saturn Sky Redline/Pontiac Solstice.

Oh well!

I'm hoping that BTF will be finished soon. It's been a long wait......
This is his 3rd version of the kit. Packaging it without clearance issues is a PITA.

The easiest way is either have a turbo sticking out of the hood.......or have the exhaust sticking out of the front fender. Both ....which I don't want to do on my car. I'll probably be stopped by POPOS....left and right........lol

I think this 3rd revision is the final one.......and then its tuning time

Yeah, I'm an ex-ecotec guy. I had the LNF. It was a fun car, I give it that. BUT it was fwd, which was kinda sad. And I didn't know BTF got out of the game. I was one of the only guys to get his 3076 kit, and made as you saw some pretty good numbers with it. Werks and DDM weren't really doing anything when I was in that crowd. But I guess things change in a few years lol. But I've always been a dsm/4g63 guy. I've had 3 talons and now my Evo. So easy to make power out of them, and they are awd, can't go wrong there! lol
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:04 PM

yup, BTF left the LNF platform (although he has a solstice gxp)............because most sky/solstice owners are not really into upgrading their engines. Only very few people are into it.....and of course some LNF ecotecs.

I actually bought his gt3076r kit first.....after a few months, I sold the kit.............and upgraded to his gt3582r kit. I'm always happy with the kits I get from him.......and met him in person, when he installed the gt3076r kit on my sky in upstate NY.

That's why he's the guy I really trust to customize/fab my compound set-up.

Dejon is not active anymore.

Due to the DIRECT INJECTION in an LNF ecotec engine that is very limited in fueling only around 450whp, I have to upgrade my fuel system.

ZZP was able to upgrade our cams to flow more air....and the most important thing is to add a bigger fuel lobe....which will be able to flow about 20% more fuel delivery which will be very helpful for my power goals.

Name:  CIMG2727.jpg
Size:  115.7 KB

But I know that extra 20% fuel delivery will still not be enough to supply fuel for my 700whp goal.

So I had WERKS customize me an intake manifold w/ port fuel injectors (4 x 45lb/min injectors) that will be separately controlled by Split Second Injector Controller. And a Secondary fuel cell will be used, so I don't have to tap from the main fuel line.

I'm hoping that during high boost/high power/WOT......that my DI injectors + Port injectors will be able to provide enough fuel for my power goals.

Name:  port.jpg
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  splitsec.jpg
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  NX2.jpg
Size:  46.7 KB

Last edited by SKY888; Feb 25, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SKY888
yup, BTF left the LNF platform (although he has a solstice gxp)............because most sky/solstice owners are not really into upgrading their engines. Only very few people are into it.....and of course some LNF ecotecs.

I actually bought his gt3076r kit first.....after a few months, I sold the kit.............and upgraded to his gt3582r kit. I'm always happy with the kits I get from him.......and met him in person, when he installed the gt3076r kit on my sky in upstate NY.

That's why he's the guy I really trust to customize/fab my compound set-up.

Dejon is not active anymore.

Due to the DIRECT INJECTION in an LNF ecotec engine that is very limited in fueling only around 450whp, I have to upgrade my fuel system.

ZZP was able to upgrade our cams to flow more air....and the most important thing is to add a bigger fuel lobe....which will be able to flow about 20% more fuel delivery which will be very helpful for my power goals.

But I know that extra 20% fuel delivery will still not be enough to supply fuel for my 700whp goal.

So I had WERKS customize me an intake manifold w/ port fuel injectors (4 x 45lb/min injectors) that will be separately controlled by Split Second Injector Controller. And a Secondary fuel cell will be used, so I don't have to tap from the main fuel line.

I'm hoping that during high boost/high power/WOT......that my DI injectors + Port injectors will be able to provide enough fuel for my power goals.

I forget the name of the tuner, it's been that long yes, but he is the only one that has been able to unlock the fuel tables for the LNF. ZZP uses his tune and tunes over top of it to get the fuel trims unlocked for the LNF. That's what I did with mine. Only way I was able to get what I got out of it.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:04 PM

I think you're talking about Vince of Trifecta who first unlock the fuel table and raise it more than 2800psi

Last year, HPtuner also was able to unlock the fuel table.

but unlocking the fuel table is not enough. ZZP really has to get this big fuel lobe on the cam...to get more fuel out of the system.

Quick Reply: 700hp Compound Turbo Set-up (gt2871r & gt4094r turbos)