Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Ralliart Turbo swap

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart Turbo swap

I recently bought a 2010 ralliart that needs the ECU flashed to stock. I have heard that I'll have to switch out all the modified parts such as the Turbo (which is from an EVO X), the fuel Injectors, and air intake. This sound acurate? Also was wondering if anyone has ever swapped out an EVO X Turbo to a ralliart Turbo so I can get an idea of what this job looks like.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 01:15 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
That all sounds about right. Depending on your goals the turbo might not need to be swapped. Just having the bigger turbo on the car isn't going to throw a code. You wouldn't want WOT or build lots of boost with it though on a stock tune. You will want to see if you have an aftermarket boost controller, and swap it back to stock if you do. I suspect the job is very similar if not identical to doing the job on an evo X, and you can find the factory service manual for that here:

https://www.evoscan.com/vehicle-manuals

P.S. not really your question, but as far as I know a car can't be legally sold in California if it won't pass smog. So you likely have recourse if you feel you have been taken advantage of.

The following users liked this post:
issam50 (Jun 25, 2022)
Old Jun 25, 2022, 07:53 AM

ECU Reflashing

Thanks man, that was actually really helpful I greatly appreciate the response. How hard would it be for myself to reflash the ECU to stock if I'm able to find the stock files for a 2010 ralliart. Or do you know of anyway I could do it online like I send the ECU through the mail. I've only been able to find one tuner and he's 4 hours away.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 07:53 AM

ECU Reflashing

Thanks man, that was actually really helpful I greatly appreciate the response. How hard would it be for myself to reflash the ECU to stock if I'm able to find the stock files for a 2010 ralliart. Or do you know of anyway I could do it online like I send the ECU through the mail. I've only been able to find one tuner and he's 4 hours away.

Old Jun 25, 2022, 08:16 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
It's a little difficult to say how hard it will be for you. Luckily there are great resources available for you to read through and you can determine if its something you want to dive in to. I would start with this tuning guide https://www.evoscan.com/ecuflash/Mer...ersion%20K.pdf and then after that check out the tuning section on this forum. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash-341/

Alternatively if you have a laptop you can just buy the hardware ( tactrix openport 2.0 ) and get with a remote tuner. Then you just have to plug everything in and they will remote into your laptop and handle all the software / tuning bits.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
The Ralliart Turbo is smaller than the Evo X turbo. You would need to search for parts on ebay or Ralliart Specific Facebook groups. The most important is the factory catalytic converter.
Ralliart to Evo X turbo swaps are straight forward since its the same block but different turbos. Parts can be ordered from the dealership if they are not discontinued.
Reflashing the ECU is the easiest part. You can find Ralliart base maps online. You can reflash using the Tactrix Cable.
Post up a picture of the engine bay and I can tell you whats missing as I have worked on multiple Ralliarts.
I would reach out to Boosted Tuning to see if he can reflash to stock or retune. He is located in Chico.