Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Dirty Evo is too quiet (rallyx car)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Cleaning. Here's what is under the 8 almost a month after the last RallyX; I drove the car back almost 200 miles the day of the event, and have driven it around town and to work a couple times.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 04:39 PM

First of, please check out my teams site,
Facebook Post
and our
/UCo5jiVaiI6Dkh6dWCDteaSA for more Evo action!

Alright, finally getting up to date!

Since I could't use the APEX'i box to fit I used it as a template to make a heat shield that i will be building off of. The concept helped a lot over the weekend, but still has some literal holes in it. I also need to pick up more AL and a smaller air filter.

So Memorial Day weekend, NWRA's second RallyCross Fest (2017)!
I have another organization, PNW Car Culture, that I will be phasing out to focus on racing, we use to run car shows here in Washington and were given an opportunity to do so again during the rallyx so we did.
A compromise we came to was that my GF (teammate) was allowed to run the first day (class portion) and I would race the second day; I had a fun time helping her to push the car in ways she wasnt used to in autocross.

I ran Modified AWD, as my car has larger injectors and is Catless. Mod AWD had 35 cars, including actual stage cars with their drivers, so you can imagine I came in to this hoping for at least in the top ten not expecting to get in to the top 5. It was a fun course, that was very slippy which running too high a tire pressure didnt help. Most of the corners were high speed so working the car was easy, but slipping around didnt help me any. I managed to take 10th place, the other evo competing took 9th only by a little bit. Here are 3 of my 4 runs of the day in a playlist; we got air the second run.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2pRITFt12t4kRz

The next RallyX event is July, which is SCCA Nationals for our area. I'll hopefully be doing a review of my Flatout Coilovers this weekend when I get on the lift to inspect for any damage; I'll keep you guys up to date if you're still interested otherwise ill just post to my blog.
!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How's the Flatout Coilovers?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by codylop
How's the Flatout Coilovers?
They've been good to me so far. There are a lot of dampner settings that I find completely useless though.
Ill be shooting a review video at the end of the month as well.