Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

My EVO IX race car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My EVO IX race car

Hello everyone
I’d like to share with you my experience in building my EVO IX race car. First I bought my EVO IX RS from the US, my propose was to learn how to tune engines. Why an EVO? Because this Forum (evolutionm) is the most advanced Forum I ever seen thanks for all who participated in this forums .
I bought the EVO and I never had driven an EVO before and I was shocked how fun it is driving this car and the handling of the car was amazing. I entered 2 autoX events the car was only striped out. And want to couple of open track in Bahrain International Circuit. From my experience in racing the Radicals SR3 i knew that it can be much fast in the track.
What I first did I order a weld-on roll cage from Customcages . I had a friend of mind that is good in welding and installed several roll cages and hopefully we had a change that we can work on the car in one of my friend’s garage we started on the 1st of DEC by striping the car.
Few weeks we were done we started grinding the Chassis with a wire brush for seam welding the Chassis. The hardest and worst part of this job is the grinding it takes long time to take of the paint and the paste from the chassis. After finishing from the seam welding we started installing the roll cage, the hardest part in installing the roll cage is the fitment of it this was the most time of the job.
Thing that I wasn’t happy with the EVO in the track (it was fully stock in the except for the engine bolt-ons and camshafts) there was a lot of body roll, braking, oil overheating and obviously the under steer. What I ordered to make the car better in those stuff. I bought Cusco Suspension from a friend that had different spring rate in the rear suspension 5k and for the front the same as it came 5k, why 5k in the back because the EVO rear suspension are positioned in an angle not sitting straight for that the suspension needs less load to compress the suspension, that why you need spring rate in the rear equals the front or high. For the brakes I ordered The Brake Man brake kit from RobiSpec with an Extra master for having an adjustable brake bias in the cockpit I stickled with the 17inch wheels for same races regulations and lighter, and also I ordered the bushing kit from RobiSpec they a full solid also the rear swaybar from RobiSpec, and the Setrab oil cooler, I change all of the engine mounts the 2 in the bottom front and rear from boomba racing and the left top AMS and the right top from Torque Solution.
Hopefully the car will be ready this week, and on the 16th Apr ill will be in the Bahrain first night open track, there will be more to come when I try the car
And if there is a lot of mistake in English sorry for them not that good in English
Attached Thumbnails My EVO IX race car-image.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_2.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_7.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_1.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_5.jpg  

Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

more photos
Attached Thumbnails My EVO IX race car-image_11.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_3.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_8.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_14.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_12.jpg  

Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:41 AM
Evolving Member

more photos 2
Attached Thumbnails My EVO IX race car-image_2.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_1.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_7.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_14.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_8.jpg  

Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:45 AM
Evolving Member

more photos 3
Attached Thumbnails My EVO IX race car-image_2.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_9.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_8.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_14.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_17.jpg  

Old Apr 29, 2014, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

more photos 4
Attached Thumbnails My EVO IX race car-image_21.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_18.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_15.jpg   My EVO IX race car-image_12.jpg  
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like an awesome build you have going on!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MechTech
Looks like an awesome build you have going on!
Thanks havingmore to come
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
welding with not covered window???
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I approve of this thread
Old Apr 29, 2014, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looking good!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hello everyone

i took my EVO to the Bahrain International circuit ( the F1 circuit ) the car was great, a few things i have to fix, first the brakes as you remember (The Brake Man) brake kit it is very very powerful that i must have more grip ( tires TOYO R888) to avoid locking the tires i am get a 4 wheel lock and another thing that i am still waiting for from Robi Spec is the brake bias to be able to move the brake a bit to the front but my braking point on the track was much later than most of the car in the track (GT2s, GT3s, GT-Rs,Vettes), and also i made a mistake by adding alot of camber on all wheels Bahrain Circuit most of it is straight line and braking by adding camber i reduced the contact patch on my tires thats also what i think that made me lock my tires alot. the Setrab oil cooler was pretty good i been able to do 5 hot laps because the weather was very hot around 35-42 Celsius and the oil temp is reaching 130 Celsius. and the most thing that i hated in the suspension i got the Cusco with 5k spring rate front and rear, the suspension was very soft because my car was very stiff and also waiting for my sway bar form Robi Spec, i made my research on the suspension what i need is a 12k in the front and 16k in the rear i am planning to go with the JRZ RS-PRO, the car was rolling alot when changing directions.
for the JDM 5th gear that i installed it was faster in every straight in the track knew from the Data 5 mphs faster with less boost by 4 psi.

And more coming when the season starts
Old Aug 15, 2014, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

ahh man I was JUST in Bahrain and didn't see ANY evos. I was so upset. What part of Kuwait do you live in?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from were do you get the LEMFORDER PRODUCTS???
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
ahh man I was JUST in Bahrain and didn't see ANY evos. I was so upset. What part of Kuwait do you live in?
I was there before last open track the night session there where 3 evos 8,9 and 10

I am in kuwait city
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by asimos32
from were do you get the LEMFORDER PRODUCTS???
Whats LEMFORDER prouducts??

Quick Reply: My EVO IX race car