Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Motivation for my Evo V project car?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Motivation for my Evo V project car?

Making a post for the first time on this account, I think I had an account a few years ago but couldn't find it.

None the less though behold my Evo 5 GSR project car. I've owned probably 10 Evos, all 4/5/6. Even a Evo 6 RS. I picked this one up a few years ago from Japan. The car was a recovered theft, but apparently a lot of modified parts. At first I thought I was buying just another rusty parts car. To my surprise when the car landed it was a mint chassis with very low mileage. I later discovered this car was built by Signal Auto in Japan as a track car (which made sense as the car came with bucket seats). I decided I would do as much work as one could to make it one of the cleanest OEM+ builds around. My plan isn't huge power as I already have a 600hp GTR

Modifications that I know of:
Evo 8 Motor
2.2L stroker (Tomei I believe)
Tein Flex Z coilovers (it came with Cusco's, but they were going be too stiff for a street car)
Enkei Tarmac wheels
Cusco suspension arms
Cusco rear LSD
Lots of other small things

I will be updating this thread with my progress of restoring this Evolution to a fun, reliable street car. I have already started the process of turning the interior back to OEM, currently working on getting rid of some of the bling that's been installed.

The following users liked this post:
huzzle101 (Dec 12, 2021)
Old Dec 12, 2021, 05:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Wow, welcome back & surprised to hear you have had more than a few EvO's over the years

Great to have you back & really look fwd to seeing what is to be done w/this nice looking 5

Cheers, Joe
Old Dec 13, 2021, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am currently working on deleting the hideous blue grounding kit installed. Also seen in the photo are the new old set of headlights I acquired, the old ones were scratched and yellow. Just got the OEM interior back together

Stock Momo wheel going in aswell

Finally replaced the old bucket seats too, waited forever for these things to arrive. Got a set with zero bolster wear too

Got the rear seats in at least also. Safe to say they'll be coming back out for a shampoo soon