Notices
Project Cars and Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

06 MR - The Baby Hauler Build

 
Old Apr 15, 2019, 04:40 PM
  #271  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,812
Liked 131 Times in 124 Posts
According to my gauge, it's really E78. I've never gotten any E85 fill up higher than that.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 06:26 PM
  #272  
EvoM Super Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 5,718
Liked 756 Times in 721 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
According to my gauge, it's really E78. I've never gotten any E85 fill up higher than that.
2006EvoIXer My test tube has always shown it to be E85. Ive even called both Propel & Pearson & they both were very confident their fuel is always E85 (all 4 seasons)
MinusPrevious is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 06:32 PM
  #273  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,812
Liked 131 Times in 124 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
2006EvoIXer My test tube has always shown it to be E85. Ive even called both Propel & Pearson & they both were very confident their fuel is always E85 (all 4 seasons)
My fill ups are with G&M. Gauge tops out at E78. It will bounce +-0.5.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 06:53 PM
  #274  
Newbie
 
RussianEVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: San Bernardino
Posts: 21
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow this thread is amazing!! Awesome build Lumpy!!
RussianEVO is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 08:31 PM
  #275  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
2006EvoIXer My test tube has always shown it to be E85. Ive even called both Propel & Pearson & they both were very confident their fuel is always E85 (all 4 seasons)
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
My fill ups are with G&M. Gauge tops out at E78. It will bounce +-0.5.
I will let you 2 know what it reads after the next fill up. Hopefully full e85. Don this was from the same station you filled up at when you came over. I had a 1/4 tank of 91 left though. Joe - do you not have an ethanol sensor?

Originally Posted by RussianEVO View Post
Wow this thread is amazing!! Awesome build Lumpy!!
Thanks! Your in San Bernardino too? I'm over by the college.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2019, 09:04 PM
  #276  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,812
Liked 131 Times in 124 Posts
The test tube should be more accurate, but reading it is tough. I recall Ethanol sensor reading gasoline % and then deducting from 100%. So if you had 80% ethanol, 10% water, and 10% gasoline, it will read E90.
I heard that Pearson's E85 is closer to E85 than G&M. I was also told that the power capability difference from E50 to E85 isn't much.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2019, 07:06 AM
  #277  
Newbie
 
RussianEVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: San Bernardino
Posts: 21
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah man! I live on H off the 210, right by waterman ave, super ghetto :/. Iím assuming since you said college you live over by Cal State ?
RussianEVO is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2019, 09:48 AM
  #278  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
The test tube should be more accurate, but reading it is tough. I recall Ethanol sensor reading gasoline % and then deducting from 100%. So if you had 80% ethanol, 10% water, and 10% gasoline, it will read E90.
I heard that Pearson's E85 is closer to E85 than G&M. I was also told that the power capability difference from E50 to E85 isn't much.
Interesting. I am still curious to see what my car reads once I fill it up again. I would imagine that most of the E85 places around here should be pretty close to the same readings.

Originally Posted by RussianEVO View Post
yeah man! I live on H off the 210, right by waterman ave, super ghetto :/. Iím assuming since you said college you live over by Cal State ?
Sweet! We are almost neighbors! I am all the way at the top of H, about 2 miles from Cal State.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 03:48 PM
  #279  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Well I got 14 mpg on my first e85ish tank. I would consider that good with all the tuning and idling I have been doing. Plus my o2 feedback has been turned off. If I can hit 16 mpg on my next tank, I will be thrilled since I normally only get 17 mpg on 91.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 04:10 PM
  #280  
Newbie
 
RussianEVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: San Bernardino
Posts: 21
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Interesting. I am still curious to see what my car reads once I fill it up again. I would imagine that most of the E85 places around here should be pretty close to the same readings.



Sweet! We are almost neighbors! I am all the way at the top of H, about 2 miles from Cal State.
what the hell! Dude we should meet up! we literally are neighbors, thatís cool af! I go to school at San Bernardino valley too haha, not cool enough for cal state
RussianEVO is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 07:00 PM
  #281  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by RussianEVO View Post
what the hell! Dude we should meet up! we literally are neighbors, thatís cool af! I go to school at San Bernardino valley too haha, not cool enough for cal state
It's a small world. Any chance your evo is yellow? There was one at the top of my street the other day that I have never seen. I never graduated college so it looks like you are cooler then me Haha. I'll PM you my contact info. There are a couple other somewhat local members that like to hang out too. I go up to arrowhead quite often and it's a fun drive up there. I'll let you know next time we go.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2019, 07:18 PM
  #282  
Newbie
 
RussianEVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: San Bernardino
Posts: 21
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
It's a small world. Any chance your evo is yellow? There was one at the top of my street the other day that I have never seen. I never graduated college so it looks like you are cooler then me Haha. I'll PM you my contact info. There are a couple other somewhat local members that like to hang out too. I go up to arrowhead quite often and it's a fun drive up there. I'll let you know next time we go.

nice! Yeah arrowhead defiantly is a fun drive! Sadly mines not yellow haha, 03 apex silver , and forsure bro!
RussianEVO is offline  
Old Apr 23, 2019, 04:46 PM
  #283  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Alright, I think I am done tuning for now. I found another gas station that serves actual e85, not e70. The tune is very very conservative. Peaks at 26 psi and tapers to 22. For now, I dont want any more power. It runs really good how it is. I want more seat time on the track before adding even more power. Power doesnt make good lap times, seat time does.
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
  #284  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (2)
 
SoSoEVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: CA
Posts: 160
Liked 29 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks View Post
Alright, I think I am done tuning for now. I found another gas station that serves actual e85, not e70. The tune is very very conservative. Peaks at 26 psi and tapers to 22. For now, I dont want any more power. It runs really good how it is. I want more seat time on the track before adding even more power. Power doesnt make good lap times, seat time does.
That's awesome Sean! Was that new e85 station a Propel pump, I found those down here in socal tend to have higher ethanol percentage? Also now I really want a ride haha
SoSoEVO is offline  
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
  #285  
Evolving Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SoCal
Posts: 433
Likes: 0
Liked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Nope. Both stations are Pearson. I am thinking that the one still has winter blend which is why its e70 (215 and Inland Center). I filled up at the other one last night (210 and State) and its still true e85. Swing by whenever! I think you will like the new power. Maybe it will convince you to get on some ethanol too! Although I dont think there are any stations by your house...
Lumpy Sticks is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.