Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

**AN EVO BUILD FOR MYSELF** (A "simple" build by a "simple" person)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by jderas_562
Hands down one of the easiest/smoothes transactions that I have ever done. Sean (Lumpy Sticks) was a man of his word, and was very patient with my schedule. I am confident to vouch for him to anyone in the future. His Evo is also much cleaner than mine so don't let this beautiful picture fool you!
Back at you

Originally Posted by kaj
I get all giddy when I see pictures of multiple Evos.
So lets get a meet together next year with all the CA guys at something like Laguna Seca? Then we can have lots of Evos together, on the track at that.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 02:06 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
So lets get a meet together next year with all the CA guys at something like Laguna Seca? Then we can have lots of Evos together, on the track at that.
That would be dope. My only problem is that track doesn't like my car (noise restriction), but I can figure something out.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey man, I just realized that you're not that far away from me. I'm in the long beach/Carson area. We should cruise or something some time.

Btw thanks for the amazon links. I'll be upgrading my sounds system soon as well.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by importmachine
Hey man, I just realized that you're not that far away from me. I'm in the long beach/Carson area. We should cruise or something some time.

Btw thanks for the amazon links. I'll be upgrading my sounds system soon as well.
Dude you are literally right down the street from me! I have been wanting to do a cruise down PCH one of these days, maybe its something we could do with other local Evos! But anytime, if you ever have questions or need help with the install just let me know.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
That would be dope. My only problem is that track doesn't like my car (noise restriction), but I can figure something out.
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Back at you

Guys we need to get this going one day! A track day is something I have NEVER done but I feel like with an evo you have to try it at least once. Just let me know the time and place.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Guys we need to get this going one day! A track day is something I have NEVER done but I feel like with an evo you have to try it at least once. Just let me know the time and place.
Speed Ventures is at Fontana this weekend. Would have gone today but adding gauges to my EvO. They will have another event Dec 1st & 2nd

Will likely be out there early tomorrow morning to check out the paddock
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Speed Ventures is at Fontana this weekend. Would have gone today but adding gauges to my EvO. They will have another event Dec 1st & 2nd

Will likely be out there early tomorrow morning to check out the paddock
See I had no idea events like this even existed. Fontana is definitely close enough for me to drive there, have a track day, then drive back home with no issues. Currently in San Diego this weekend so would not have been able to make it . I will definitely look into the Dec 2nd one!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of my money until the 16th of December is already spent. But, I'm in Hemet, and my day job involves hundreds of miles of driving anyway so I don't mind driving a while for a meet somewhere down here.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
I am down for Fontana! Its only about 30 min from my house. My Evo still isnt running right so I am out until I figure out whats wrong with it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Another newer Socal evo owner....nice!!!!! (was just reading Lumpies build thread also haha) Great build so far, I like the idea of ultimate street car awesome job! I'm down to cruise sometime also...I'm around the Ontario/ Rancho Cucamonga area myself. I'm going to be doing the Dec 9th Street of Willow Speed Ventures with my s2000 buddy so if you find the time you should come along!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
Another newer Socal evo owner....nice!!!!! (was just reading Lumpies build thread also haha) Great build so far, I like the idea of ultimate street car awesome job! I'm down to cruise sometime also...I'm around the Ontario/ Rancho Cucamonga area myself. I'm going to be doing the Dec 9th Street of Willow Speed Ventures with my s2000 buddy so if you find the time you should come along!
Thanks for the compliments man! Lumpies build is just awesome too! You are not far from me at all, so a cruise or meet up needs to happen for sure.

I am honestly considering going to this event on Dec 9th. You are the second person to tell me about it, and I think it would be an awesome experience.

Only problem is that I feel my clutch slowly giving out . Daily driving is fine, but once i get on it the gears get a bit harder to get in. It was supposably replaced about 2 years ago with a complete ACT HDSS setup so I may just buy a replacement disc, instead of an entire kit. I just don't know if it is worth that risk and hope the pressure plate is still okay.
The following users liked this post:
SoSoEVO (Nov 12, 2018)
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:08 PM

Well the evo has gone through some minor changes, but man it is such a different car. While removing my Fortune Auto coilovers to install my "stock" suspension, I come to find out they oem bilsteins already had lowering springs!! They had a full set of racecomp engineering lowering springs installed. After a little research I come to find out these springs are exactly what I was looking for! Especially because I am about to drive this machine to Vegas for a weekend getaway!

Fast forward to the weekend and I take my evo on its first road trip to Las Vegas. I truly wanted to see what it would be like to drive this daily rally car on a 4+ hour road trip. All I have to say it was well worth it, and performed so much better than I expected.

There truly is nothing an Evo cant do.

Old Nov 19, 2018, 08:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Nice updates! I'm actually looking for a set of those springs...but I don't think they are manufactured anymore. From looking at the lowering springs thread the general consensus is that the newer swift spec r springs are what people are running now for a more "performance" lowering spring. The car looks good man, glad the evo was tolerable on long road trips
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:31 AM

Thank you very much for the kind words! The springs have been decent so far, but I may be in touch with Tein to see if they can build a coilover to what I want, something comfortable lol. That means these springs may be for sale soon!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:43 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Thank you very much for the kind words! The springs have been decent so far, but I may be in touch with Tein to see if they can build a coilover to what I want, something comfortable lol. That means these springs may be for sale soon!
World's most comfortable coilover that can perform on track = Ohlins. Nobody has been able to match their DFVs unless you want to pay $5kish or more.

Quick Reply: **AN EVO BUILD FOR MYSELF** (A "simple" build by a "simple" person)