Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Moose’s Evo 8 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Car is for sale officially, I’m done. I took another hit lol. I hate stripped studs or bolt holes whatever. Damn bolt holes on crossmember are effed. I tried a timesert and didn’t work to well.

Last edited by Moose_421; Mar 28, 2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys I’m going to have to put this project on hold for a while and figure out some personal and business stuff , it all needs my attention and energy. Sorry Evo maybe we will continue later.... keep everyone posted...

Last edited by Moose_421; Mar 28, 2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Damn hope everything works out for you man, good luck.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Alright so I don’t know why I’m even posting this but I was having issues with my business and house flooding and then my bathroom shower leaks on first floor now. Anyways I’m not selling my car lol I’m just stressed and pissed and then my damn frame nut strips out where crossmember bolts to smh. My buddy is going to come by and hook me up and cut the frame open and remove the welded nuts and put a new plate and hardened nut back in the frame and close it up. Crappy but the threads are so screwed and this is holding me up and pissed me off ( icing on the cake)
i just thought I owed you all an explanation. Build will continue as I have time , thanks all...
Old Mar 30, 2019, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

We’re going to make something like this and weld it into the frame etc...if this doesn’t work which I’m sure it will , then worst case scenario I buy a new lower radiator support from mitsu for like $140 and cut the welds ,remove and weld back up etc but that’s gonna require tearing front of car down again and painting again ugh this time with motor in the car so we will see.

Old Apr 3, 2019, 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Got my ported stocker and heat shield back from detective coatings..

Old Apr 3, 2019, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks great man. Keep it up. Glad to see you aren't giving up on it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 02:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cficare68
Looks great man. Keep it up. Glad to see you aren't giving up on it.
Thanks!! Yea I was having a rough patch but I may be over that hump now so it’s looking positive. I’m just waiting in other ppl to finish things like my Brembo being powdercoated but I’ve been waiting since February on those smh.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
You've got a great build here Moose, don't abandon ship. These cars can create unbelievable ways of hurting our progress and screwing us over. We all want to finish the build smoothly and just how we envisioned it, but sometimes things can go wrong that we weren't prepared for and thus we are left depressed and discouraged. Had we known better, we would have done better. Setbacks will happen in every attempt to move forward. The key is to step back, recollect yourself, have a coffee (or a beer), and remember that when the sun sets, it is just a car and only a hobby.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
You've got a great build here Moose, don't abandon ship. These cars can create unbelievable ways of hurting our progress and screwing us over. We all want to finish the build smoothly and just how we envisioned it, but sometimes things can go wrong that we weren't prepared for and thus we are left depressed and discouraged. Had we known better, we would have done better. Setbacks will happen in every attempt to move forward. The key is to step back, recollect yourself, have a coffee (or a beer), and remember that when the sun sets, it is just a car and only a hobby.
Perfectly said... thanks for all the encouragement from everyone
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I’m guilty of putting way to much pressure on myself when I should enjoy every minute of this build and life. Live and learn always... I’m grateful to have everyone on these forums to help each other out.
Also since CBRD is gone, now I have to find another shop for tuning stuff and other stuff I can’t do like alignments etc.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 04:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by Moose_421
I’m guilty of putting way to much pressure on myself when I should enjoy every minute of this build and life. Live and learn always... I’m grateful to have everyone on these forums to help each other out.
Also since CBRD is gone, now I have to find another shop for tuning stuff and other stuff I can’t do like alignments etc.
That's strange, they must have just shut down for good. The website says "open for appointments only" but Google says "Permanently closed." If you need a nice radiator in the future STM and CSF have great options.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

So I finally got my brakes back and I put them back together but still need to put decals on, anyways I’ve read the bolts holding the calipers together are stretched and need to be replaced after use? Is this true or can I reuse them? If I need to replace them where the heck can I get those pinch bolts? Should I just torque them and reuse them ? Thanks everyone on advanced.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Not the best red choice but it’s what he had and after waiting 2 months I don’t care lol I’ll deal with it later if I really want to change the color and valve cover color later on.

Old Apr 6, 2019, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
That's strange, they must have just shut down for good. The website says "open for appointments only" but Google says "Permanently closed." If you need a nice radiator in the future STM and CSF have great options.
Chad told me if I needed tuning he still has access to dyno etc. he posted on Facebook about it. I have a cbrd slim radiator I love but stm def makes quality parts!!
Wish I would of bought his rbx turbo kit while I could lol

Quick Reply: Moose’s Evo 8 Rebuild