Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Modded '03 Evo Apex Silver with pics and video!!

Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Modded '03 Evo Apex Silver with PICS and VIDEO!!

SOLD!! Congrats Brian! Wheels and Monster Sport Bumper still for sale. Thanks guys!

FS: Modded ’03 Lancer Evolution 8

Selling a 2003 Apex Silver Evolution 8 GSR. 31K miles, about 10K of that are highway miles added in the past year on commutes to Vermont. Was correctly broken in according to Mitsubishi specifications, was dealership maintained, all service records available. Pitpass Mobil 1 Oil Changes every 3000miles. Major 30,000 Mile Service just performed by dealership. Never involved in any accidents, title is completely clean. Never been track driven, never hard launched. Clutch in perfect shape. AC used rarely. Tastefully modified to keep factory warranty intact.

Monster Sport Front Bumper was modified on install so as to retain the front impact beam. Kaminari wing w/ brake light LED bar. Rota Torque rims were just purchased. The Kumhos are in near brand new shape, only have about 650 miles on them, 500 of that coming from one trip to VT. 1st and only owner. Under carriage routinely sprayed off during winter months. Doubleclutched when downshifting; Some argue that its unnecessary because of the Evo’s excellent syncros, but A: its fun, and B: It can only help prolong the life of them, thus prolonging the life of the tranny in general.

Factory sound system was gutted and replaced with all high-end components. Tweeters for front MB Quarts custom installed into door panels. Eclipse head unit has keydisk security system making it a non-target for theft. Sounds crystal clean and is very powerful.

Asking $26,500. Sale includes original front bumper in perfect shape and stock Enkie rims (scratched from a bad mounting at dealership) with Pirelli Winter 210 Snowsports that have at least one season’s worth of tread left on them. Also a Service Manual disk that breaks down every nut, bolt and torque setting in the car.

Car is functionally perfect, but where it was my daily driver the exterior has some unfortunate battle scars. Passenger side front door has a ding that has been touched up but is still very visable. Passenger side rear wheel fender was also scraped, was also touched up but is also still visible. Aluminum hood has small dent only visible when you catch the light against it correctly.

The need to sell was unexpected: As happens to many, priorities had to shift and I need to let her go so I can build an addition to the house. This is a STRONG car that has been daily driven and well cared for. Would like to see her go to an enthusiast who would keep showin her the love. Email viggenboy@hotmail.com with inquiries or PM me. Reasonable offers will be considered.

Here's the damage to the doorpanels. I got an estimate for $600 to repair, that would include a full repaint of the passenger side starting at the front door. I've reflected this in my asking cost.

The wiring for the amp is down from the last time I was tinkering, but will be cleaned up before sale.

Here's the link to a quick vid I cut together of some of the stills and some video of the car. In particular listen for the sound of the B&B catback, which I think is absolutely gorgeous. Just the right amount of mean note mixed with a technical sounding note.

CLICK HERE FOR QUICK VID

If anyone has any problems watching the vid please let me know and I'll re-render it in a different codec.

Lastly, here's a complete list of everything that the car has on it for mods, all of which are included in the sale. The prices reflect current internet prices on each item, not including tax, shipping or labor charges.

EXTERIOR

Kaminari Rear Wing with LED painted Apex Silver: $499.99
Sub-Total: $499

INTERIOR
Greddy Counterweight Shift Knob: $39.95
Mitsubishi Evo Doorsill scuff plates: $92
Mitsubishi Sports Pedal Kit: $74.00
A Pillar Dual 60mm Gauge Pod from Lancershop: $57.95
Sub-Total: $263.90

ELECTRONICS
Blitz BLM Boost Gauge: $163.99
Blitz BLM EGT Gauge: $214.00
Blitz FATT DCIII Turbo Timer Black: 104.99
Blitz Turbo Timer Harness: $24.99
Sub-Total: $507.97

EXHAUST & SUSPENSION
B&B Catback Exhaust: $569.99
Rotorpros Cross Dimpled and Slotted Rotors: $324.00
Sub-Total: $893.99

WHEELS

Mitsubishi Wheel Locks: $25
Sub-Total: $25

AUDIO
JL Audio 300/4 Amplifier: $369,00
MB Quart PSD 213 5.25” Component Speakers (in front doors): $259.00
MB Quart RCE 216 Component Speakers (in rear deck): $189.00
Monster Cable 500watt Power Kit: $69.96
Eclipse CD 8443 HeadUnit: $475.00
Sub-Total: $1361.96

OTHER
Wombat Grounding Kit: $40.00
Kartboy Shifter Bushings and Linkage Bushings: $45.00
Sub-Total: $85.00

My work life is crazy right now, so please forgive me if it takes me several hours before I'm able to respond, but all reasonable offers will get a response in the order I receive them.

Thanks for your time guys!

Last edited by dividedsky; Sep 10, 2005 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Parting out the wheels and bumper
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

bump to get the ball rolling
Old Aug 5, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

bbbbump
Old Aug 6, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

saturday morning bump-ah
Old Aug 8, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

bump for a little face time
Old Aug 9, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

I'll soon be putting the car up on ebay, and I know I'm going to take a big hit in terms of what I'd like to get for the car. With this in mind, please feel free to make an offer. As long as it comes in over $24,000, it will be taken seriously. Big drop from asking price I know, but the more I research, the more I'm finding out the reality of the used market right now.

Make an offer!

Last edited by dividedsky; Aug 9, 2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

With 0% financing on the 05's and new 06's coming out you won't sell a 3 year old car with 31K+miles for $7,500 less than a new one especially since you have DENTS. You're smoking crack.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for new info and price drop.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
With 0% financing on the 05's and new 06's coming out you won't sell a 3 year old car with 31K+miles for $7,500 less than a new one especially since you have DENTS. You're smoking crack.

Spoken in wounded nerd voice: "Ummm... NO! No, YOU'RE SMOKING CRACK!! There."

Next time you note the dents in all caps, please also take the time to note everything else the car comes with that also effect price. Also, please note things like the 05 and 06 EvoVIII GSRs you're comparing my price with are MSRP $30,700, not counting tax and financing costs. And thats without the HIDs. Need to tack on another $3120 for the Sun Sound and Leather package to get those. And the 0% finanacing is subject to good credit scores, not a guaranteed deal.

If you're gonna flame, at least be fair with your figures and info. Thanks dude.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

can we import them to canada?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know how that works. I'll look into it if you're interested.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Wheels and Bumper still for sale.