Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

EVO MR for $30k

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevenem
With 0% financing that 37k is more like 32k...
0% financing simply means you won't pay MORE than sticker to be able to pay in installments, which you'd have to pay with finance charges. It doesn't mean you get money off the price...
Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
doesnt look like it has the aero kit so its not fully loaded.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
0% financing simply means you won't pay MORE than sticker to be able to pay in installments, which you'd have to pay with finance charges. It doesn't mean you get money off the price...
I also don't think the 0% is available on the MR, only the GSR.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 08:30 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Those who are complaining about 30k for an EVO X MR need to see a doctor ASAP!! I can't understand why the price is sooooo low??
Old Dec 24, 2008, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cyp
Those who are complaining about 30k for an EVO X MR need to see a doctor ASAP!! I can't understand why the price is sooooo low??
Someone needs to call and find out, maybe it was in an accident.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:07 PM

Thats what I was thinkin but im far too busy to call in n find out
Old Dec 25, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Well, keep this in mind:

Remember the Ripsta, sinster creeper
reapin' up that set with a street-sweeper
Gotta take a breather from sippin' me liter
Rippin' that flesh when I sneak with a meat cleaver
When I'm in me smug, never the studio thugsta
Buck 'em. Buck 'em. Motherf*** 'em
Thug never done bluff and f*** them bustas!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 05:29 AM

You got a nice car buddy. If it was a year from now I'd def be coming to take a look at your car for that price. good luck on the sale!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:41 AM

0% means no savings only if you don't understand money. 0% is the same as cash only when you stick it under your mattress. Since my money markets are still getting 3% and I have CDs for just under 5%. Let's set a rate somewhere in between, 4%. Then let's make a fancy name for this %, we could call it the cost of capital or discount rate! How far fetched would that be?

So if I stick $37,000 into investments which are guaranteeing around 4% returns and take money out of those investments only to pay for my car...I have $4,290.50 left in my bank!!! HOLY ####! It's almost like there is a time value to the money. If I used my monthly income instead of the investments to pay for it and required no liquidity...I could pump it into CDs at 4.75% locked in gauranteed and at the end of five years I would have $5,226.12. So like I said...if you want to keep it short term it is a good deal...otherwise wait for 0% financing which may come in 5 days...or maybe not? It's not the first used MR to show up for sale and it's not the last...

But all that is in an imaginary world where you work with your money instead of snorting the white pony and making useless posts on the internet about things you don't understand, so drive on!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:50 AM

good deal!!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stevenem
0%...on!
You're right, assuming that people looking at used evos for a good bargain actually have $37k floating around to immediately invest and draw from, and aren't simply making payments with each paycheck (without the extra $37k to play with and earn money on). Otherwise, it simply means they're not paying finance charges. And the way you originally posted didn't indicate or include any sort of reference to investment - and that makes me not smart for not assuming that's what you were talking about.

Undoubtedly you're in the first class, by your car list and bottomless financial knowledge. Of course you'd be taking the risk that the used car won't need $2000 worth of warranty repairs that the great would actually cover in the 11,000 miles you'd be driving it past it's warranty versus the new car. And that you wouldn't be modding the car anyway. You could just take that risk and the $37k, invest it all, and buy the cheaper car and have even more money in the end - or not. Or you could use the $37k for a down payment on a great deal of a foreclosed house (there are plenty out there), and potentially reap far greater rewards within 5 years, assuming we're in the valley and eventually heading back up. Or you could just not buy a new car, have some patience, still invest the money, and in 5 years do the same math, but with a much nicer car and a little more money to work with. I just personally have grown to hate the depreciation factor of an "off the lot" car.

For 99% of the people on here, though, we're not really talking about all these great options. We're talking about someone making "regular person" payments on $37k vs. $29k for 11,000 miles (which after 5 years of driving would be a virtual wash). And people who reeaaaallllyyyy want an Evo now, even if it doesn't make financial sense. You know that this ain't your GT3 board.

I am in no way saying I'd buy either, but as long as you're throwing in those factors and scenarios that I didn't originally assume you were talking about, I may as well add some more that would influence my decision, were I to be looking. Of course I'd automatically assume (as you do) that someone selling an almost new car for $7,000 less than new was definitely hiding something, and I'd keep walking (just like you would), particularly if there was evidence of abuse or modification, since the $2000 difference we're talking about is basically durability. But then we wouldn't have these fun and informative posts! Also, I love when people say "making useless posts on the internet about things you don't understand". That burn always cracks me up. And speaking of crack, it's about time to get back up on the ol' white pony (that's a fancy name for coke)!

(Bottom line: I'm in 100% agreement with you, I was just a little bugged that you had to try and insult me because I didn't assume you were talking about investing the finance savings... ####!)
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:24 PM

Well, keep this in mind:

Ha ha I thought I was all alone in being a Bone fan
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

Well, keep this in mind:

I never knew the words to that verse....thanks for that. I haven't listened to bone in a long time.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 09:57 AM

(Bottom line: I'm in 100% agreement with you, I was just a little bugged that you had to try and insult me because I didn't assume you were talking about investing the finance savings... ####!)
Just being a bit snarky...that's what the internet is for. If we are talking financing for people without cashola...then it becomes even more of a wash...late model interest rates vs 0% interest rates. The fact of the matter is the car is overpriced for its numbers, just as a Porsche is. However this comes with three diamonds instead of a prancing horse on the hood. However, for the enthusiast who appreciates the responsiveness and sharpness offered by the EVO that is not quantified in numbers, it is an amazing deal and there is nothing like it--not even Nissan's Godzilla.

Of course the most economical option is to buy a barebones Versa (or other sub $9,999 car) and throw the rest of your money into quality investments. But if someone is hot for an MR at this point...I would wait the week it takes for possibly updated financing to come out. At that point, decide whether the Mitsubishi deals make new worth it, or if scouring the used market for one that has not been abused is a better deal given your cost of capital. Just fully price out the total cost (including opportunity cost of money in the bank), and work from there.

Love ya!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:39 AM

when something seems too good to be true, it usually is... call and see

Quick Reply: EVO MR for $30k