Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2000 Mirage "Evo IV Coupe" project

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 Mirage "Evo IV Coupe" project

Asking $7500 for the car as is running and driving reliably. None of the extra stuff comes with it for that price unless otherwise stated. If you want the rear end and engine parts as well, $15,000
takes it all. All my spare parts are included for the full price which is enough to get the car AWD converted and pretty close to running with the Evo swap. (Need pistons and rods for the 4G63, but
car runs and drives reliably now with a Lancer engine) I'm sure many people will think this is a high price but it's not too bad considering the parts included especially compared to what I paid for
them and the rarity of some of them. (Many parts on this car are one of 3 or 4 in the US) If you have any questions about the car or the parts then feel free to shoot me a message. Thanks for looking!

I will also consider a trade plus cash on your end (depending on condition and parts installed) for a wrecked 02-07 Subaru WRX sedan or hatch for a donor vehicle for another project. Must have a strong
running engine and good transmission! Also need a good amount of the running gear. The shell and interior don't matter.

Link to my build thread on here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...n-project.html

See for yourself how much work has gone into this car!

Up to date video tour of the car:

(Evo MR DIN gauges included at this point but not installed as the deck is now a double din DVD player)

^Was the best pic I could get with a VIN. My garage is dark.

What it would look like when done:

Here's what the half cut I bought looked like when it was together. Many of these parts are on the car now and the cut is disassembled. (but included for the full
asking price along with all the other parts from it!) The last pic is what the rear end looked like when I got it. Big difference from how it looks now!

The car:

2000 Mirage DE Coupe

5spd transmission

4G93 swap done OEM style with harness' swapped (dyno'd at 107whp with me holding back a bit)

VIN: JA3AY11AXYU051213

Engine Mileage: Right at 100,000 on the engine (99,XXX) with a new Gates timing belt (Installed less than 300miles ago), OEM tensioner, and water pump

Chassis Mileage: Around 125-130k. Have to do some math to get an exact number. Can do if needed. (Take the Evo cluster and subtract the mileage it had
when I installed it, convert to miles and then add to the number from the Mirage cluster when I took it out. Still won't be exact due to the
larger wheels and tires throwing off the odo.

Location: Plainfield, IN I'm willing to ship small items from the parts list, but no the car or larger items like the 4G63 block or head or the rear floorcut/AWD assembly.

Engine:
Custom intake
Custom 2.5in exhaust w/ OBX muffler 4in cannon
Odyssey PC680 Mini battery kit
Ebay 4-2-1 header
Ralliart reservoir socks

(will add more if remembered)

Drivetrain/Suspension/Brakes
Evo 4 front lower control arms
Evo 4 front swaybar w/ Superpro poly bushings
Evo 4 front knuckles
Evo 8 front Brembo's powdercoated black installed (rears included but not on car)
Posiquiet Evo 8 front pads and Powerstop front rotors (drilled and slotted)
89Mirageman rear disc kit with modified Ebrake adapter
Full 5x114.3 conversion
TCSportline rear tower brace
H&R springs
Koni Yellow front oil filled struts
KYB AGX rear adjustable struts
Enkei RPF1's in 17x8 with a +35 offset (minor rubbing due to worn rear end bushings. no rubbing in front)
All season tires in 215/40/17 size
1x spare RPF1 never been out of it's box in case of an accident with wheel damage

Interior:

Evo 4 gauge cluster
Evo 4 Momo steering wheel
Cluster surround pod with AEM UEGO installed and working
Fog light switch (plugged in to harness but not wired up to lights)
Power folding mirror switch (Plugged in to harness but manual mirrors are installed)
Evo 4 lower dash trim with cubby
Evo 4 LHD Automatic Climate Control system swap (Everything works great but compressor doesn't kick on. I will try to get fixed before sale, just a small wiring issue)
Evo 4 Auto climate control bezel (woodgrain)
Evo 4 center console w/ intercooler sprayer button
Evo 8 short shifter
Blitz shifter base bushings (aluminum)
Speed source transmission linkage bushings (got wrong kit so only one installed)
FET Turbo Timer
Evo 4 keyring light
JVC double DIN DVD player
Lancer GSR secondary storage box
DEFI link system gauge set with Boost/Water temp/Oil temp/Oil pres gauges installed (Senders for boost and oil temp still need installed)
Alarm w/ keyless entry installed
Intermittent wiper stalk (similar to Evo 4 but for LHD)
Optional sunglasses holder
Non-power sunroof dealer installed (has only every leaked twice during really bad storms in the 4 years I've had the car and the leaks were minor)
Power windows work great!

Exterior:

Stock Mirage coupe fog lights
Evo 4 sidemarkers
Mirage Asti side skirts
Evo 4 tail lights
Evo 4 rear bumper w/ lip
Ralliart plate frame

Issues:

Fuel gauge sender intermittently stops working (Have another one just not installed. Will come with car)

Somethings causing a minor battery drain issue. Discharges over a time period of a week or two if it's not driven.
Probably because of the PC680 mini battery with the alarm.

AC compressor issue (noted under the auto climate stuff in interior)

A few small door dings here and there but no dents

Paint on the rear bumper is cracked a bit from us not getting the entire bumper prepped (not SUPER noticeable but bugs me)

K frame is a little bent but only affects caster angle. A spare one clearanced for the Evo t-case is included

Ebay "Defi" water temp sender intermittently stops working. Will try to have fixed before sale. (Should be no big deal)

Great car otherwise! Never had any major issues with it other than the failed timing belt (reason I swapped the 4G93 in)

Extra Parts not installed: (And not included for the $7500 price tag. This is off the top of my head right now. I need to tally everything up but there is a LOT)

Evo 4 RS FULLY BUILT rear end PLUS floorpan! Has been completely restored and all bushings replaced with whiteline parts and the Energy Suspensions Master Bushing Kit
Floorpan had a nasty bit of rust but JUST came back from media blasting and only need repaired at this point. Easy for someone who can weld. Pics to be added. (Video shows pan in it's entirety before the media blasting)

(Pics and vid are a little outdated now as ALL parts are restored and floor is rust free now. Will add newer shots later. Video is the most recent of everything.)

Evo 8 engine block
Evo 4 engine and trans set with everything for the swap!
Evo 4 OEM antilag setup!
What's left of the Evo 4 half cut (still a lot)
OEM 4g64 100mm crankshaft
Cosworth bearings (rod/main/thrust)
ARM main studs
Brand new in package oil squirters
Brand new HEL steel braided brake lines for an Evo 4 (not installed)
Brand new harness bar for a Mirage (not installed)
Evo 4 front strut tower brace
Evo 4 carbon fiber hood
Evo 5 fuel tank with pump and senders and brand new seals freshly rust proofed and painted black
Evo 4, Evo 5 (tuneable, and Mirage plastic (tuneable) Ecus are included alont with a metal case Mirage Ecu that's installed.
Also including an AYC rear end with the computer and pump/reservoir

Evo 4 body panels:
front bumper
fogs
headlights
fenders
trunk
wings (2 of em)
CF hood

Spare Mirage k-frame (clearanced for Evo 4 t-case)
Spare LHD steering rack with newish MOOG tie rods
RHD steering rack (plan was to swap internals into LHD rack for a quicker ratio)
Extra Momo steering wheel
Stock gauge cluster

Tons of more stuff laying around that I haven't listed! (too much to remember) Mods if I'm missing anything please let me know and I'll fix it! Thanks!

Last edited by Alchem1st; Jan 2, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Evolving Member

Bump! Added pics of the CF hood, headlights, and trunk/wing set! (other wing is white as well)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just some advice

I'm attempting to read your add and I'm really lost as to what your asking and what your getting for that price.

GLWS
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

I'll try to clean the post up a bit then. Basically, $7,500 for the car with none of the other parts; so the pictures of the car and everything on it is what you get for that price. For $15,000 you get everything I have; so the car and the rear floorpan with an Evo 5 fuel tank assembly and a fully built and restored Evo 4 rear end with a USDM Evo 8 rear diff rebuilt to JDM spec. For the full price you also get a fresh stock bore Evo 8 block with an OEM 4G64 crank with a BNIB set of Cosworth main/rod/thrust bearings and ARP main studs. You get an Evo 4 complete head assembly and all the manifolds and turbo stuff including the OEM SAS assembly, (factory antilag unit) and all the Evo body panels as well. I'm also including everything that's left of the half cut so you get a RHD firewall assembly if you care to go RHD. (I didn't) Essentially for the full price you get everything you need to finish building an OEM style Evo 4 coupe. There's so much here it's nearly impossible to list everything so I just posted what I could.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Price far too high. Infact I don't know who is higher you or the car.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mofoSTI
Price far too high. Infact I don't know who is higher you or the car.
And you'd give me what? Sum total of the parts is more than 20 grand. If you don't like it then don't post. Why is that so hard for people... Not looking to just ditch the car anyway, I may keep it. For the price of a used 8 or 9 you get a one of a kind conversion. No other Lhd mirage conversion in America has an auto climate system or the interior conversion parts. Lhd evos are incredibly rare and the only interior parts left to convert to are the seats. Heck only need to paint exterior parts and it'll be nearly done on the outside with evo panels installed. Obviously you know nothing of the rarity of this stuff in the U.S...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Obviously your dreaming
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Bump! Updated sale info and added a video tour of the car.