Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: FL 2004 SSL - Silver - 440hp HTA3586R

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FS: FL 2004 SSL - Silver - 440hp HTA3586R

It's going to pain me to do this, but here goes.
For Sale: 2004 Silver Evo 8 SSL. My daily driver - 128k miles, clean carfax, very well modded but very clean. VIN: JA3AH86D24U064835.

I planned on keeping the car for a very long time and set it up accordingly, but just got accepted to graduate school two weeks ago, and will need the tuition money so I'm going to get back into a cheaper car. Asking $18k, slightly negotiable but won't respond to BS offers.

I bought this '04 Evo 8 SSL six months ago from here. Its mod list included some nice parts; my goal was to make an incredibly reliable but fast daily driver, which I did. I bought it and the same week delivered it to Vanquish Powersports in Oldsmar FL to fix every single issue it had.

I will begin with the mod list from the original for sale thread on here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...iced-sell.html

...But the things I've done will be noted below.

Engine:
  • Stock re-freshened block @70k miles
  • Re-freshened/Re decked head
  • New front cover only 1k miles with new belts Less than 40k miles ago.
  • Shephard Stage One 5 speed transmission
  • ACT HDSS clutch (BRAND NEW)
  • ACT flywheel (BRAND NEW)
  • ETS T3 HTA3586R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit (Anyone who knows this turbos capability, knows that this car is safely tuned down)
  • Tial 44mm Wastgate
  • Tial BOV
  • STM 4" Intake with Amsoil Cone Blue filter
  • PTE 1000cc Injectors
  • ETS LICP
  • ETS 3.5 inch Intercooler
  • ETS down pipe
  • Buschur Double Pumper (Dual Walbro 255's)
  • JMF "Drag" Intake Manifold
  • Full Blown 70mm Throttle Body
  • Cosworth Head gasket
  • ARP L19 H11 Super Heavy Duty Headstuds
  • GReddy Ti-C Full Exhaust
  • Kelford 272intake/272Exhuast Camshafts (one of the meanest exhaust lopes)
  • Supertech Titanium valves and springs
  • Fidanza cam gears (Polished)
  • Sparktech COP (NGK BPR8ES .028 gap)
  • New Oem Idle Air Control Valve (My guess is the meth corroded the last one)

Suspension/Braking:
  • Bilstein struts (BRAND NEW)
  • Swift Spec R springs (BRAND NEW)
  • Fresh alignment at Advance Performance in Tampa (BRAND NEW)
  • Hotchkiss rear sway bar
  • Whiteline end links
  • Centric High Carbon rotors (BRAND NEW)
  • Stoptech Street Performance pads (BRAND NEW)

Interior/Exterior/Wheels:
  • Authentic OEM Mitsubishi JDM Rear (Painted to Match Completely [Diffuser too])
  • Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Red Logo)
  • 3m Color Stable window tint all around, and Crystalline clear windshield tint (BRAND NEW)
  • Continental DWS 235/45/17 tires (BRAND NEW)
  • Vortex Generator
  • JDM Replica tail lights (BRAND NEW)
  • Rexpeed CF side spats
  • Zeitronix Wideband, with Boost, EGT
  • APEXi turbo timer
  • Installed a HomeLink mirror for the garage door opener. (BRAND NEW)
  • Installed dynamat on the entire car - floor, all 4 doors, B and C pillars, and rear deck. I was not concerned with the 30 pounds of weight since I have ~450 hp to the wheels. My goal was a nice daily driver, so the ability to hear my speakers and quiet the ride a bit was more important. It's still not "quiet" but it helps. (BRAND NEW)
  • Installed Rainbow Soundline SLC265 component speakers in front. (BRAND NEW)
  • Installed JL Audio C5 6.5" coaxial speakers in the rear. (BRAND NEW)
  • Brand new floor mats. (BRAND NEW)

There are a bunch of other miscellaneous things I fixed along the way that don't really qualify as "mods."
Including but not limited to: (Everything directly below is also (BRAND NEW))
  • Replacing the fuel door spring so that it opens properly
  • Replacing some wiring at the left front wheel that was rubbing the wheel and causing the ABS light to come on.
  • Removing gauge overlays that were over the 3 small gauges.
  • Fabricated a bracket that holds LED's that illuminate the license plate.
  • Removed the shift light that was previously disconnected but still mounted on the column.
  • Fixed a few vacuum leaks and cleaned up the mess of vacuum lines in the engine bay. A bunch of lines were ran over the intake manifold which made it unattractive, considering it is a really nice intake manifold.

Everything above that lists "(BRAND NEW)" means it has been done in the past 6 months. All work was done (except the stereo and dynamat) at Vanquish Powersports in Oldsmar. Ask any of the Tampa area evo guys - Drew is a very well known Evo builder and tuner. Chad (the previous owner) had a lot of receipts from Spec Ops which I know is a very reputable shop as well, but being **** I wanted my own local shop, specifically Drew, to go over the car with a fine tooth comb (plus I was already having him do the clutch/flywheel/suspension stuff/etc). Vanquish also has a linked Mustang dyno, so I had Drew retune the car. It made 408hp at 23psi on their Mustang dyno, which would be about 440-450 on a Dynojet (equal to the 440hp Dynojet sheet posted by Chad, the original seller).

The cons that are left:
  • The Service Engine Soon light comes and goes. As you will see in the pics I took tonight, it is not on, but its related to the throttle body. I have already paid Mil-Spec for its replacement, and as soon as I get the package from them I will have Vanquish replace the Full Blown throttle body.
  • The Vortex Gen is peeling. I planned on replacing it at some point.
  • The spoiler clear coat is starting to peel. Not much on the top of the spoiler - more on the sides, near the trunk lid itself. You will see in the pics.
  • As said by the original seller, there are a few rock chips in the front bumper. Nothing out of the ordinary though.
  • Edit: (Added 12/30 because I forgot this) The key needs to be turned in the cylinder just right to go from ignition to start. I don't even think about this anymore, but when I first bought the car, a couple times I went to start it I got no crank. After replacing the starter and having the same problem, I realized it was the key cylinder and I needed to hold the key a certain way. To a buyer, you won't even think about it (like me) and the positive is that there's a brand new starter that I didn't mention above.

...That's really all. It really pains me to sell this car after fixing everything possible and getting it in perfect condition, but tuition takes priority. I am willing to show the car anytime, and will travel to show/sell it if before January 17th. But I start school that weekend and my schedule will become more busy, at which point travel will be harder.

On to the pictures....... (there are a lot of them)

Dynamat/Stereo Installation Pictures
(In case you didn't see above...with ~450 horsepower, I wasn't concerned with the 30+ pounds of sound deadener. I wanted this to be a great daily driver, which to me, meant a stereo that I could hear, and a reasonable ride...although it still isn't quiet )

Hope those are enough pictures.

As said above, I am located near Tampa (Oldsmar FL)
The best way to contact me is text, 727-seven44-seven44eight, or email me at kevinprood@gmail.com.
Asking $18k, but slightly negotiable. Won't respond to BS offers. Please let me know if there's anything I missed in this post or if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by kpr10is; Jan 26, 2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 01:04 PM

Got a fresh alignment on Monday since the suspension has settled in.
(Free plug for http://www.advanceperformance.com/, best wheel/tire shop in Tampa)

Car will continue to get things done as needed until the sale.

Kevin
Old Jan 9, 2014, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
can i buy the jdm rear from you?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 06:28 PM

No, not really wanting to part anything out unless a buyer is interested in specific things removed.

Also, additional note - the car has a Viper 3105v alarm/keyless entry. Back up top, accepting reasonable offers.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 01:38 PM

Fresh oil change today since I will be taking a 2-hour highway trip on Friday.

Also yesterday replaced the battery terminals and main fuse at the battery with new JL audio ones because I didn't like the old ones. Looks much cleaner now, and I will get some pics of the trunk put up.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey got some questions for you.
1) What boost are you running? Seeing you got stock internals yet pushing 450HP seems lil odd.
2) Which clutch do you have in the car? one time you say Exedy twin and slipping another ACT, so?
3) Are The Brembo's color faded or was that fixed?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:21 PM

I apologize for the delay. As I said in the first post, I got accepted to go back to school and the past week was orientation so I've been pulling crazy long days.

I'm running 23 pounds, although I've seen it 1-2 psi higher than that now in the cold. It was tuned in the dead of summer and made 408 on a Mustang dyno, and prior to my retune 440hp on a Dynojet which equal out. Tuned by Vanquish who would be glad to get into specifics of the tune if needed if they're above my knowledge level.

The clutch in the car is the ACT HDSS. I apologize for the confusion. Its brand new as is the ACT flywheel.

The Brembos are indeed the normal faded red, but were black when I bought the car. I found the calipers with bolt holes stripped so I bought a set of 4 used calipers which were the standard faded red.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old Jan 26, 2014, 09:50 AM

Edited the first post to clean it up and more easily identify which things are new.

Price drop to 17k.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just emailed you or would you rather talk on pm?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
please post a pic with s/n and date.

side note, i found some dynamat in the trunk of my evo. i desperately hope it wasn't worked all the way through the entire car like this
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:59 PM

Killing two birds with 1 stone, updated mileage as of today in the pic below.

kyoo, I realize I am in the minority with dynamat on this forum but I like the dynamat. Not sure why you'd be so against it. It actually makes the doors thud instead of the tinny sound and greatly improves the ride/road noise, and 30 pounds of weight really won't matter . To each their own.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
no problem with the dynamat in your car, just mine - trying to prep the car