Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS[Northeast]: STM Built Evo X (2012-Silver-550HP-93 octane)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
STM Built Evo X (2012-Silver-550HP-93 octane)

SOLD!!!

VIN: JA32W8FV9CU007999

15,xxx miles for $40,000.

Located in Spencerport, NY.

The STM 2012 Evo X build was designed to be a street monster. Makes just around 550 WHP on our Mustang Dyno on 93 octane. It's running a STM Turbo Kit with Xona Rotor turbo, STM Intercooler and the STM Stainless Single Exit Exhaust powered by a 2.0 Sleeved Buschur Motor. The black powdercoated STM Power Steering Reservoir and black aluminum valve cover keep the bay looking clean.

The drivetrain is handled with a new STM-Spec Transmission by TRE with a new Exedy Triple Clutch and a lightweight DSS carbon fiber driveshaft.

The wheels are 18" Volk ZE40's with Toyo R888 and lightweight 2-piece GiroDisc rotors coupled with the black powdercoated Brembos and P.Mu pads. Suspension is the STM-Spec D2 Coilovers.

The hood is genuine Seibon DRY carbon with carbon fiber hood struts and a standard carbon trunk with a custom matte finish to match.

Also, we drove this from NY to Ohio for the Buschur Shootout. Didn't race, but it was nice to have some seat time in with a real street car!

Feel free to call STM, or PM me here. I check EvoM from time to time, but the fastest contact is Facebook Messenger: Shawna Lynne
https://www.facebook.com/shawna.lynne.3

Any questions just ask, and I'm more than happy to take more photos. The car is really beautiful. No accidents, clean, rust-free.

Last edited by 4g63girl; Sep 8, 2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Still available!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Still parked outside!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Still available.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

I drove this home yesterday and I have to admit - it's a very nice car. I'm picky about driveability and I expect perfection... and this is damn near close to it. Honestly, I was afraid to drive it before... Built X? It's going to be a pain in the *** to drive... not so.

Fires right up, no e85 issues to deal with. Super smooth to drive. The Exedy triple is everything a street clutch should be. (I have one in my Evo 8) It's got a great sound and a fantastic cam lope when you first hit the clutch and the rpm's drop down. Good stiff feel from the engine and mounts- but not overbearing.

The transmission is super smooth and I also drive a 2014 X daily- I can absolutely notice the difference in the gearing in the transmission. I stayed in first longer right around the first bend leaving my house to slow down, and I wasn't reaching for the invisible 6th gear like I do at least once a day in my 2014. The driveline is audible. It's not obnoxiously so, but you can hear things and gears and it kinda gives it that racecar feel.

All put together, between the engine, driveline, exhaust, intake, boost... it really sounds amazing. I've driven plenty of built Evo 8/9's and plenty of stock X's, but it was nice to get in and see what the 4B11 has to offer when done correctly.

Also, the sounds are predictable. Now that might not make sense right away, but I come from a DSM background where you live in fear everyday of "What was THAT noise?" First 5 minutes of driving, I knew exactly what to expect. I won't lie, when I understood that when you push in the clutch and rpm's drop, you'll get 3-5 good, low cam lopes. I did it purposely and strategically at stop lights when rival vehicles were about. lol

It's got a very nice ride too. Actually softer than my 2014. I didn't put it to the floor, but I did give it a little boost and it definitely put a smile on my face.

I really hope this goes to a good home. It's a very clean car and will be enjoyable and satisfying to detail as well.

-Shawna