EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sale-interior-exterior-sound-styling-133/)
-   -   [WTB] Anyone running this eBay double din? Need input... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sale-interior-exterior-sound-styling/726887-anyone-running-ebay-double-din-need-input.html)

highbredcloud Mar 30, 2016 12:44 AM

Anyone running this eBay double din? Need input...

Hey guys...

Looking for a double din set up...found this on eBay...was curious if anyone purchased one of these and if they were happy with the quality and fitment. Let me know what you guys think...I remember seeing some orbital double dins for sale here but sellers were asking $200-$300 for them and they were pretty hard to find in good shape since the production was limited. This seems to be pretty cheap compared to the other ones I seen for sale here...what are your thoughts? Thanks!{thumbup}:mitsu::beer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331710927271?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

turbotaloon95 Mar 30, 2016 06:27 AM

I'm curious too! I have been wanting to do a tablet install for the longest time, but I was pretty nervous about cutting up the stock bezel. For $60, this could be a solid choice.

Tiller35 Mar 31, 2016 09:55 AM

I bought this one:

Everything worked out, the plate isn't as good looking as the one from ebay. I just purchased a better looking plate from a guy on here for $45.

wazmunstr Mar 31, 2016 02:43 PM

I bought that kit from the OP, and fitment is spot on. So is the silver color, it matches perfectly. The bottom where the hvac moves to is spot on as well. Seriously, this kit was amazing! The only thing, which I'm sure you can't escape is the fact that the cage for the original radio has to be removed entirely. So you will have to figure out a way for whatever head unit you choose to mount to the dash.

highbredcloud Mar 31, 2016 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by wazmunstr (Post 11597369)
I bought that kit from the OP, and fitment is spot on. So is the silver color, it matches perfectly. The bottom where the hvac moves to is spot on as well. Seriously, this kit was amazing! The only thing, which I'm sure you can't escape is the fact that the cage for the original radio has to be removed entirely. So you will have to figure out a way for whatever head unit you choose to mount to the dash.

Definitely good to know...{thumbup}I see someone selling a Orbital Double Din here asking $300...big difference in price...I even picked up the lower section Orbital Double Din before from someone on here...just don't remember where I put it...hence looking into this eBay one...

turbotaloon95 Apr 1, 2016 06:14 AM

Good to know there are other options now. For a while the orbital ones were the ONLY double din option and they required a hefty price.

boostedrb Apr 4, 2016 07:14 PM

Yeah when I first bought my evo I got a double din . The top piece I payed 100 and then the bottom piece for the hvac controls was 130 at the time. I still haven't put mine in. I'll probably sell mine as I want the gruppe pod.

OhhBx Apr 4, 2016 07:34 PM

I wish I saw that when I was getting mine. Even though I didn't purchase the orbital which is a lot of money.

I bought this one to get my double din radio to stay straight. It helped a lot.

https://jet.com/product/detail/d5e7e...FQxahgodlsAK4g

kaj Apr 4, 2016 09:23 PM

A couple of my friends own stereo shops and there are better companies that make these. I have one myself, back at the shop.
There is a huge supply, so don't worry about them running out like Orbital stuff LOL. The quality is very good and fitment is as good as OEM, from what i could tell.

I have an extra HVAC panel/pod, if anyone needs it. (in case someone out there just has the double din part).

highbredcloud Apr 4, 2016 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11599140)
A couple of my friends own stereo shops and there are better companies that make these. I have one myself, back at the shop.
There is a huge supply, so don't worry about them running out like Orbital stuff LOL. The quality is very good and fitment is as good as OEM, from what i could tell.

I have an extra HVAC panel/pod, if anyone needs it. (in case someone out there just has the double din part).

Any pix of the other double din you have along with prices? would like to see what else is out there besides the ones I posted...{thumbup}:beer:

kaj Apr 4, 2016 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by highbredcloud (Post 11599156)
Any pix of the other double din you have along with prices? would like to see what else is out there besides the ones I posted...{thumbup}:beer:

It's more than the one shown above. I think his cost on it is $30.
It'll be a while before I get pictures, though. I won't be going over there for a while. Plus, I think ours are all custom to fit our phones; no stock ones left.

cficare68 Apr 6, 2016 06:01 AM

I'm running the Metra one that I purchased off ebay for $36. Quailty is amazing and fitment is spot on.

superbovine Apr 6, 2016 03:34 PM

I have the ebay linked one. I am not currently using it, but did test fit it and it fit perfectly... 10X better build quality than the Orbital crap too. This doesn't look homemade like the Orbital ones do. Came with what looked like OE stickers too.