Notices
For Sale - Part Outs Parting out your car? Place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Time for it to go...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for it to go...

SOLD - To HolyShiznit. It was good meeting you and thanks for buying my car. Thanks also to the other who came to view it.

Photos lower on this Page.

I have an '03 Evo (bought new in '04) that I really don't drive enough. It's time for it to go. It has 9,800 miles and is in showroom condition - always garaged, only in rain twice for a short time.

Here's the mods:

AMS Stage IV - 3071R, AMS ceramic coated manifold, Tial wastegate recirculates back into exhaust, AMS downpipe, AMS lower IC pipe, 264/272 cams, ARP studs, AMS 680cc injectors (flow tested), Forge RS BOV on custom PINA UIC pipe (recirculating), Large Kinetic engineering FMIC (spearco core).

Tuning by Vishnu - SMART tuned by Shiv at his shop in CA with street and race gas maps.

PINA custom turboback exhaust with Magnaflow oval muffler and 2 Magnaflow resonators, test pipe, hi-flow cat, O2 simulator, heat shield over exhaust tip.

RobiSpec suspension including springs, rear sway, rear bump-steer kit, trailing arm bushings, fender rolls, Enkei 9 1/2" x 17's with 275 Michelin PS2's, custom laser alignment.

Other stuff - ACT clutch and flywheel, stainless brake and clutch lines, Porterfield R4 pads, brake cooling guides. Vivid fuel rail, Walbro pump. PLX wideband with wireless data logging, unused ECU splice harness, Boost, EGT, Oil press., Oil temp, Fuel press. gauges in Craig Hardy panel. Valentine pre-wired. Schroth Rallye 3 harnesses (with the tailstraps mounted in the safest, straight location on the rear shelf), Camera mount, Razo 1 lb. shift knob. Optima battery in the trunk. Fresh Redline, Mobil 1, and Motul fluids. Stongard paint protectant film with extra custom pieces. Bra. All stock parts except wheels and tires included. Never powerbuffed, only hand waxed - the full depth of the clear coat is smooth and like new. No dings or scratches.

Everything was professionally installed and tuned. Runs really smoothly with no surging or compressor stalling. It's a great car for the road or roadcourse - not too loud and not too stiff, with a tremendous powerband. And it outperforms superexotic cars on the market. Never launched - driven by a really old guy.

I have over $60k into this. A highly depreciated loss for me, and a great opportunity for a knowlegable buyer at $26.5K.

Photos maybe in a week or so - I started a new job and don't have much time to take photos. There are some older photos around on previous posts and maybe some from voidhawk until then.

Last edited by EricR; Aug 26, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
wow,, say it aint so.. oh well bump for a good seller and a great deal
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
such a good price for all those mods
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric what color is it ??
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:01 AM

Its Silver, with a sunroof. Here's some photos of the car from last year. See page 3 of the thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...4&page=3&pp=15

The engine photo is different from what the car now has. It now has a different UIC with a Forge RS BOV and the stock airbox.

Originally Posted by value
Eric what color is it ??
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:06 PM

nice, that is beautiful, way too cheap of a price though
if I had the money I would be on it
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly, that car looks mint.
Great price.
I'd buy it.

Out of curiousity, when does it reach full boost?

Last edited by SP00LIN; Aug 20, 2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

This is a nice car, but I'm curious as to whether or not you're parting it or trying to sell it as a whole. This is the parting out section.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Man, this car is really tempting me. Satan, get thee hence!!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:52 PM

I reaches full boost at about 3600 rpms. No, I'm not parting it out. I don't know how this post got here either. I had put in the Northwest forums with a link to it in the cars for sale.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 07:34 PM

Here's some photos

Last edited by EricR; Aug 23, 2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:08 PM

The car is tentatively sold to HolyShiznit. We're planning on closing on Saturday. Thanks to those that came over to view it. If anything changes, I'll let your know.

I had a conversation with the HolyShiznit tonight. I'm glad that the car is going to a true enthusiast that will appreciate a car that's tuned for the road/autox course.

I hope that Jeremy is still offering service support for Evos in Eugene. Jeremy's probably the best Xede guy in the northwest - it's very fortunate to have such experience in the same town for future tuning.

I'll check the posts every once in awhile to see what's happening. Glad to see the car is going to a good home.

Thanks for all the kind words, and apologies for those who were also seriously interested.