Notices
For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Looking for a particular product? This is where to post it.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Repairable Wreck

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB: Repairable Wreck

Looking to buy a repairable Evo that's been wrecked. I obvously have some preferences, but at this point, I am open to looking at most any Evo.

My preferences, are as follows:

2004+
~30k or less
Preferably the 04 Evo RS (if any RS), otherwise I'd rather VIII/IX/MR/Ectra
Running engine, rolling
Pictures (LOTS)
Any color is OK - I am going to be putting custom paint on the entire car anyways (re: got some candy's at work I want to toy with)
Detailed and informative talk between seller & myself. Those with a lack of car/engine/cosmetic knowledge are welcome provided willing to do a test or two. (re: connect a battery if dead to see if the engine atleast cranks)
Prices to NOT include shipping.
Unmodded cars are fine - if you want to keep your mods, please include the stock parts if you have them, or list the mods you are removing so that I can figure them into my costs for the repair.
Clean or Salvaged title OK. I intend to hold onto the car for many years - so Salvaged titles are no bother.

If you have a car that was wrecked and have talked to an insurance company, gotten an estimate for the damage, the estimate would also be most welcome, if you're willing to disclose the information. I know not all estimates include everything - but it's a place to start.

I belive that is all.

I know there are some concerns/naysayers about salvaged vehicles and repairing wrecked cars. I've done a couple of them already (worked on them), and we currently have 2 cars that are at 95% threshold (re: 100%=total) that are being repaired. I know the type of work that can go into these, but it just so happens to be that the cost of repairing one makes it within my budget whilist the cost of purchasing one doesn't quite cut it.

Thanks,
Mike