Notices
For Sale - Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, wheels, tires and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Northeast]: Best snow tires you can buy Nokian hakkapeliitta r2 snow tires

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best snow tires you can buy Nokian hakkapeliitta r2 snow tires

I am selling a set of 4 nokian hakkapeliitta r2 snow tires that came off of my wife's 2010 Lancer. The price is $350OBO+shipping and pp . I would prefer local sale/pickup if at all possible (I'm in Southeast NH). The size of the set of tires is 215/60 R16. (For a list of other cars the use this size look here: http://www.wheel-size.com/tire/215/60R16/ )

The reason for selling is because my wife got an audi q5 and will need much larger nokian hakkapeliittas. Trust me though I will be getting the same model of tire for her because these are absolutely incredible. After seeing these work so well through the last crazy new England winter last year I will also be running a set of these on my evo this winter too (just mounted them on the evo).

The set for sale are only one season old and have been individually bagged and stored in my climate controlled basement when not in use (3 are still bagged in the pictures). They were on my wife's base model Lancer so, needless to say there is still plenty of tread life on these tires (see pics). If you have any further questions you can text me at 413-three4eight-0226 or if you need a more immediate answer during work hours text me at 207-451-eight898.

Now more on the tires:

This brand has been hailed all over Europe as the best production snow tires money can buy and have started to really catch on in the US as they get more exposure. The hakkapeliitta r2 model is their top of the line non studded snow tire, so, if you can run studded tires on public roads in your state or can't stand the noise of studded tires on bare pavement then this is the perfect tire for you. They have great snow and ice grip, especially for a non studded tire. Check out their website for more technical information here: http://www.nokiantires.com/

Their most familiar competition are the Bridgestone blizzacks. If you search top snow tires on the common US based tire websites (e.g. tirerack) they will often list the blizzack as a/the top snow tire (that they carry). This is only because they do not carry nokian (YET). When put head to head in a comparison against nokian, the hakkapeliittas will tend to consistently out perform the blizzacks and rate higher in nearly every comparison. If you don't believe me, here is an article discussing consumer reports 2015 comparison and it shows the nokian hakkapeliittas tied for first with Michelin with the Bridgestones settling into third place: http://www.moderntiredealer.com/blogpost/b-o-b/410360/nokian-crashes-the-party-in-the-consumer-reports-winter-tire-test . Typically cost is the only limiting factor... so buy lightly used and save a boat load of money!

Note: I forgot the sign in all but the last picture but that shows the calipers with the measurement locked in laying on the tires for continuity. If you want more pics since I only unbagged one, just text me and I will be happy to break out the others.

Last edited by dolson222; Jan 4, 2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Bump

Bump for great snow tires
Old Dec 29, 2015, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

New years eve even bump

Top the top! if any of you guys are giving the evo a break and running a second car for the winter or your significant other needs some snows check the link to see if these fit your ride. Great tires. With this winter storm in the north east in sure someone got caught without the right tires.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Bump! Driving home on my new set of r2s on the evo. I can't wait for next week's snow storm!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ttt
Old Jan 15, 2016, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

TTT. Someone must need these. it's OBO. throw some numbers out there. worst I can do is say no. Thanks guys/girls.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Bump.