Notices
For Sale - Wheels / Tires Includes wheels, tires, bolts, and other related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Hankook RS3 265/35 x 18

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2012, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FS: Hankook RS3 265/35 x 18

SOLD!! The Hankook RS3 is a remarkable tire with surprising grip, fast, great turn in and very stable. This is a great high performance street tire that is very suitable for the track.

Here's what they say:

The Ventus R-S3 is Hankook's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan enthusiasts looking for a race-minded street tire that can also meet the demands of autocross, drifting and track events. The Ventus R-S3 is designed to reduce the performance gap between street and track tires by significantly improving dry traction; however like all summer tires, it is not intended to be driven through snow, on ice or in near-freezing temperatures.

And a review from someone on Tire Rack

I use this tire for summer months and track days where I do a lot of instructor ride along laps in addition to my own lapping sessions.

This tire is very predictable, communicates via feel and noise extremely well, and is one of the stickiest tires with a tread-wear <200 I have yet had on my car. Bought this tire after Grassroots Motorsports Magazine had such a great tire test with it, where they where looking at ‘street tire’ class, legal options for SCCA autocross. Tire wear is surprisingly good for a tire of this nature, and my S4 is a heavy AWD sedan that gets driven very enthusiastically out on the country roads, and 4 to 6 times a year on road courses.
Ran these tires in November event at Portland (P.I.R.) in >45 degree weather and significant rain on day one of two. The Hankook dealt with the wet really well, and was only overwhelmed in standing water over a half inch. The tire allowed me to get on the power earlier than the other Summer Only tires I have ran for events like this where it was very wet.
Looking for an option to the much more expensive tires that are Summer Only? I would really recommend this tire to any of my friends or students, regardless of whether or not they are cheapskates, as one of the best options out there.

These tires have about 1500 miles wear on them and are in very good shape. No cuts, rips or problems of any kind with lots of remaining tread. Bought last summer they were stored heated indoors over the winter.

Now SOLD A great tire for the Evo X or other AWD car, I'm selling these, a matched set of 4, for $615. I'm happy to ship at your expense but pickup is fine too.

Pictures:

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Johnr352; May 10, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old May 6, 2012, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Bump only because I expected lots of activity as we all get ready for summer and a little track time.

These are a very inexpensive way to get close to R Comp performance on a tire that you can drive every day. Read the reviews, do some research, and you will be surprised at how well these have performed in the dry and the wet.

Let me know what you think, it's a great tire and I'm motivated to sell them.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Bumpilicious - Just checking, but your current tires are not going to give you 30,000 miles and 8 days at the track. Not with any grip anyway. You are going to need tires at some point. Isn't it always the case. You think, no way, my tires are great, I don't need to spend the money and then, wham, 1 1/2 months later you are saying damn, now I need tires and all I can find are some Ling Longs or something for $900. I WISH I had planned ahead...
Old May 8, 2012, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Do these run wide/narrow or true to size?

Price shipped to 26508 assuming they don't run wide.
Old May 8, 2012, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

they run wide
Old May 9, 2012, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

they run a bit wide, but not that much. A couple of mm maybe, really more a question of a squarer shoulder.

nonetheless, sale pending.
Old May 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Sold!!