Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

!!!!!ams street fmic for evo 7-9!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
!!!!!ams street fmic for evo 7-9!!!!!!

Sold

Last edited by High_PSI; Oct 8, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry for the upside down pics, Photo-bucket is being a **** and no matter how many times I rotate the image I get upside down pic.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Bumpo!!!!!
Old Jul 30, 2013, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Bump for you man!

Quick question- if you measure its thickness, is it 3.5", or larger than 3.5"? I'm thinking these are a little bigger than 3.5" but I've read in most places that they're 3.5 so I was wondering if you could solve that question for me
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kpt6
Bump for you man!

Quick question- if you measure its thickness, is it 3.5", or larger than 3.5"? I'm thinking these are a little bigger than 3.5" but I've read in most places that they're 3.5 so I was wondering if you could solve that question for me
Thanks for the bump. It's a 3.5 inch Garret core on the nose with custom AMS end-tanks. Between this and the Buschur unit it's the best on the market. They go for $750 new plus tax and shipping so you can save $300 by getting this one.

Here's how it looked right before I took it off my Evo...

And here is the power I made on it at 26 and 29 PSI respectively. It works: eek:

Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

All PM's Replied. The first guy has dibs but he has yet to return my call. I'll wait another day and go to the next guy. Best offer gets it of course!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Thanks for the bump. It's a 3.5 inch Garret core on the nose with custom AMS end-tanks.
Thanks, just wanting to confirm- did you measure it, or are you going off what they say?

Car looks awesome btw man. Love the Volks!
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I apologize to bomb your thread I just want to look out for other community members.

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware but the description above currently does not adequately describe the product for sale.

Seller mis-quoted data AMS's website which describes the 2nd revision front mount intercooler not the original which is what the seller has offered.

***Edit.. added data to support claim.

You'll find the quoted information here.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...tercooler.html

Notice how different the intercooler in the picture looks from the one for sale.

Also, the difference doesn't stop with cast end tanks. The cores are actually quite different. If anyone questions that count the number of rows of fins on the AMS website picture then in the product for sale.

Last edited by CammedEvo; Jul 31, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CammedEvo
I apologize to bomb your thread I just want to look out for other community members.

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware but the description above currently does not adequately describe the product for sale.

Seller mis-quoted data AMS's website which describes the 2nd revision front mount intercooler not the original which is what the seller has offered.

***Edit.. added data to support claim.

You'll find the quoted information here.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...tercooler.html

Notice how different the inter-cooler in the picture looks from the one for sale.

Also, the difference doesn't stop with cast end tanks. The cores are actually quite different. If anyone questions that count the number of rows of fins on the AMS website picture then in the product for sale.

All true, I did point out that this core has sheet metal end tanks. This is the one and very same AMS Street inter-cooler that debuted 2003-04. It has a Garret core and is rated to 650WHP. I called AMS and asked about the end tank revision and they stated that it adds no power increase just easier to mass produce. My AMS IC has 15 ROWS, the one in picture has 18 ROWS. As far as cooling properties between this unit and the latest unit, they are identical.

Don't take my word for it, call up AMS and ask, that's how I got my info. They said no difference in cooling and both are rated for 650WHP. After that you need a RACE inter-cooler.

Originally Posted by kpt6
Thanks, just wanting to confirm- did you measure it, or are you going off what they say?

Car looks awesome btw man. Love the Volks!

3.5 on the nose.

Last edited by High_PSI; Jul 31, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

I just got off the phone with AMS a while ago and spoke with tech. They stated that the new style end tanks and cast for ease of manufacturing vs welding a set of end tanks, saves money and time.

As for the core differences, my AMS intercooler is a Garrett core. The ones AMS uses now are proprietary, meaning custom to their application. They won't tell me which core it is for business purposes but it isn't a Garrett.

As far as performance differences, cooling, pressure drop, not one ounce of difference. It seems to me AMS made done cost cutting changes without sacrificing performance and reliability.

That said I have a quality AMS part for sale.

Last edited by High_PSI; Aug 3, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the pic man. Bump for a great piece!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bottom line its still a AMS 3.5"(cast or no cast) and bump for you I got the same IC and it works great with my setup!
Old Aug 3, 2013, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks all. Hope it's gone soon its currently sitting on my mantle and is quite decorative but my woman is furious.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Bizump!!!!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

PUMPS AND A BUMP!!!!!

Quick Reply: !!!!!ams street fmic for evo 7-9!!!!!!