Notices
For Sale/WTB - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: Quarter Master Evo VII-IX 8-Leg Clutch (Street) w/ HRB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quarter Master Evo VII-IX 8-Leg Clutch (Street) w/ HRB

Price: $350.00 Shipped OBO

Quarter Master Evo VII-IX 8-Leg Clutch (Street) w/ HRB-swkvfiz.jpg

Quarter Master Evo VII-IX 8-Leg Clutch (Street) w/ HRB-yoaair0.jpg

Quarter Master Evo VII-IX 8-Leg Clutch (Street) w/ HRB-arpaca1.jpg

For sale is a Quarter Master 8-Leg Street Clutch, which will include the flywheel, pressure plate, hydraulic release (throwout) bearing and the stainless steel lines. This clutch just returned from Quarter Master in Illinois and they said the clutch will require a rebuilt and the hydraulic release bearing cannot be rebuilt, so you will need to buy another one to mate with this setup.

Reason this was pulled from the engine was because the hydraulic release bearing failed. In the downtime, I decided to go with the different setup. Although Quarter Master said it will require a rebuild, the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate all functioned properly, so you could put in your car, although it would be time well-spent to rebuild the clutch and buy a new release bearing.

The whole setup new is around $1700 from STM, so let's do some numbers. If you rebuild this for ~$900 and a new release bearing is around $200, you are saving around $300 dollars and you have yourself a solid piece.

If you are looking at this post, chances are you know exactly what this clutch is and what it do, but I will just give some quick highlights. This is a multi-plate clutch that is rated 600 ft-lbs and is no joke. This is NOT a typical OEM clutch. The initial engagement from a stop is rough, and you need to keep RPMs up high to not stall or let the clutch out very slowly. This clutch is almost like a switch or very binary (0 or 1 / ON or OFF) . . . once it engages though the transition into 2nd and the other gears is very smooth and quick. For the drag strip, I could ask for no better clutch as it has a nasty bite and you just feel the connection and it just takes off. I guess the reason why I have put up with this clutch and its mediocre DD is that it has just been a monster and so much fun on the drag strip, even with the few times I have used it in the manner. But then again, everyone has their own tastes and I know some people DD these type of clutches all the time. If my description was not good enough, STM has a good write up on this.

Please do try and call or text please as this is my preferred method of communication. My number and location are below. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for looking.

Mike
Charleston, SC

Last edited by mrr5049; Apr 3, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 05:30 PM

price update
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Check pm
Old Apr 5, 2016, 10:16 AM

Sale Pending ...
Old Apr 6, 2016, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member