Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

GTworks and RCE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTworks and RCE

I want to thank you guys for listening to the Evo community and making the springs that we wanted

I got my springs last week, quick shipment and packing was great, I put them on this weekend and let me tell you the drop is perfect..everything went together really easy..

The ride is nice and smooth as stock but yet you get the benefit of having the car lowered.. the best part is when you start whipping it into corners, man its a night and day difference..

Now to the thing that impressed me and my best friend steve that help me install them, I had a question on installing the springs so i went to pm Myles, that's when i seen that he had his mobile phone number on the site..I figured why not try..Myles did answer the phone and helped me with all my questions..Now remember this is on a Sunday in the afternoon on his day off..Miles thank you for your help..

Then the next day on monday, Myles called me on my cell to make sure everything went ok and to find out what i thought about the springs, I have never had this kind of experience with any vendor that i have dealt with..

All in all i give RCE and GTworks 2 ...thanks guys..

Last edited by I-Dom-In-8; Sep 2, 2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to hear! I hope to get my springs installed within the next week or so. I was afraid of the higher spring rates (I estimate 296F/351R based on how Andrew described them as having rates about 10% higher than Swift springs...), but it sounds like the ride will be stiff yet completely acceptable.

I have a few questions for ya: How many miles are on the shocks that you are using? Does the printing on the both the front and the rear springs need to be upside-down when you install them?

Other reviews on the springs that I've seen have been inconclusive in my opinion. It's been established that the handling has been improved and that the ride height is good, but descriptions of the ride quality has been, well, not very descriptive. So you'd say it's decent and livable? I plan on putting a lot of miles on my car so I need the ride to be "decent". I'm used to stiff suspensions, but I won't tolerate bouncy or overly harsh - these words are so subjective to everyone's opinion I realize....

Thanks for any additional feedback!

~Steve
Old Aug 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Steve, I should be able to answer most of your questions.
I drove to Maryland from NJ to get the RCE springs and Perrin swaybar installed today.
It was a little over 4 hrs drive round trip but let me tell you it was more than worth it.
Prior to my review, I would like to thank Myles for answering all my questions and Mike for installing the springs and the rear swaybar.
Btw, the shop floor is so clean you could almost eat off it .

The ride is more than acceptable.
I had many cars with lowered/performance springs before including 04 STi with pinks.
If I may say, imho the ride had actually improved from stock.
None of the hard, bouncy ride associate with the typical springs are evident.
Although I'm no suspension expert, I assumed that the well matched spring rates with the bilsteins make the ride even better than the stocker.

Like yourself, I utilize my mr as a DD and had substantial reservation about installing any performance springs.
Another concern was the ride height.
I did not want a car where I would have to constantly worry about its ground clearance.
Once again, so far those concerns are unfounded.
Although my car has an APR CF lip, I have yet to encounter any scraping issue.

I was relatively satified with the stock mr suspension; however, wanted slightly lowered stance and better roll control.
Since my car is DD, I did not want too much degredation in ride quality at the same time.
I'm more than satified with the performance of these springs so far and highly recommend them to anyone with similar handling goal as mine.
Fyi, I did not get these springs for auto-x or roadrace.
I track my track prepped GSXR1000 and do not plan on roadracing my evo anytime soon.
Imo, bikes are cheaper to race and maintain and more involving than any car.

Btw, my shocks have approximately 14,000 miles on them.
Myles had also told me the initial batch came with its lettering upside down for the front springs.
They would be corrected soon.
Hope this helps .
Old Aug 27, 2007, 04:51 PM

Wow, thank you for the input. Your comments give me the confidence that I made the right choice with these springs. That is saying a lot about the ride quality considering the spring rate increases are around 65%F/55%R! I guess it's all about matching the rates to the shocks. Wild stuff. I can't wait to get 'em installed. Your post is much appreciated.

~Steve
Old Aug 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah thats what myles told me also, can you take a look at the back ones and tell me if the letters are upside down as well, or if the compressed springs(closer ones) are towards the bottom please..
Old Aug 27, 2007, 04:59 PM

On my rear springs, the letting is right-side-up when the helper coils are on the bottom.

~Steve
Old Aug 27, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

In all honest i cant remember if the rear lettering was upside or not, All i know is the helper coils(compressed side) were on the bottom of the struts..thats on all four sides...Pics added
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

For those planning on doing the install themselves, it looks like the lettering on the rear springs are not upside down.
The helper coils were on the bottom of the struts.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

I will take a look tomorrow to see which way the letters are on mine ..
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:50 PM

good to hear they work well with bilsteins! i'm waiting for the shiny whiteline package and then....BAM!!!!! in yo FACE!!!!!
seriously though, regardless of lettering orientation, the dead coils go down front and rear?
Old Aug 28, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Good stuff, folks over at RCE have gotten GREAT reputation in the suby community already, and they are only getting better!

To OP, man you really gotta get rid of those POS tires in order to really enjoy the total handling of this car!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by homiusang
Good stuff, folks over at RCE have gotten GREAT reputation in the suby community already, and they are only getting better!

To OP, man you really gotta get rid of those POS tires in order to really enjoy the total handling of this car!
I totally agree with ya on the tires, i only got those because i was in a jam and i had no choice..

As far as RCE thats why i waited on this GB, Everyone talks great about them and Myles has proven that to me..
Old Sep 9, 2007, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

OK its been about 2 weeks since i put these springs on..The drop is perfect, Front is a inch and the rear is half an inch..

Driving around town it nice and almost like stock, When you put her into turns that's when she really wakes up and you notice the difference.

I just went to MOD day here in Normal IL(150miles each way) and i must say that the ride was great, shoot all three of my passengers were knocked out coming back home and the little dips and bumps didn't phase them. In all honestly i am 1000% happy i waited on these springs and i think you will also..

Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! I'm getting a set as well. Great info