Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Review: ST/KW 25mm Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: ST/KW 25mm Rear Sway Bar

I recently delved into an unknown with my purchase, no one seems to run this bar yet, I think its fairly new in the playing field. There was a generous promotion on a part site so I decided to take the dive and get this.

The Rear sway bar is made by ST suspensions, or Suspension Techniques. They are a sister company to KW, so I really had no fear when I bought it. I wanted something on the larger end of the sway bar diameter so 25mm seemed like a good fit.

Shipping: The shipping was fast and drop shipped from California from KW warehouse, the item was well packaged and all the parts were accounted for when I got it nothing was missing.

Unboxing: I could tell the bar was well made and not ebay junk off the bat, clean powercoating, and good welds that weren't boogered. The hardware included beefy endlinks and new brackets so you didnt have to reuse the OEM ones, known to bend.

Install: Here is where my first issue was, the sway bar endlinks are adjustable and use left hand threaded ends on one side, they sent me the wrong nuts for one so I had to go track down left hand threaded nuts at Ace Hardware and burn an afternoon trying to get the thing in. Otherwise everything went according to plan, and fit and finish is all there.

Driving feel: This bar apart from most others is adjustable on 4 different settings, I chose the 2nd from the tightest and this made my car nice and neutral. I didnt have issues with cornering really before, but this really brings the rear end in play and I feel more rear wheel biased now which is preferred.

The bar was MSRP around 210, so I think its a great value for someone not trying to break the bank. I got it for cheaper than that so if in a few months I notice issues I wont cry about it Ill just buy another brand and update this post.

Old Feb 27, 2016, 06:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
For sure, looks like a nice RSB, especially w/the adj links (who does that?)

Nice web site as well
Old Mar 28, 2016, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What endlinks are those?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by poonpower
What endlinks are those?

They come with the bar, I had no idea, since "included hardware" is very vague.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 02:42 AM

Hey buddy i tried their website to look for anti sway bars but could find anything for the evo x. Do you have a part number ? and did they have a front anti sway bar aswell?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 02:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by KARo7
Hey buddy i tried their website to look for anti sway bars but could find anything for the evo x. Do you have a part number ? and did they have a front anti sway bar aswell?
Judging by the aluminum rear subframe I think that sway setup is for the evo 8/9 they probably don't offer anything for a X yet...