Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My EVO 8 MR

Old Jul 3, 2017, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My EVO 8 MR

Hey guys, purchased my 8mr about 3 months ago now, and since then have have put some money into the exterior of the car, was completely standard , below are some pictures of the day I purchased

Since purchase I have installed :
custom plates
JDM rear bumper conversion
vortex generators
do luck carbon fibre front lip
cusco power brace
rays gram lights 18x9+22

have gone for abit more aggressive looking, and pretty happy overall with how its turned out, think its now time to start doing some things for my interior like some better gauges and possibly some nice led mods.

Undecided on whether I'm going to go for more power, its currently tuned at 211kw , just has a few minor mods from previous owner to gain some power at minimal risk.

below are some photos of how my car looks now, pretty much did all the add ons over the past 2-3 weeks.

Old Jul 3, 2017, 06:41 AM

heres a side shot I took today as well
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
You made it look much better already with the black Grams and new nsw plates. This grey colour is the best too IMO, very cool. Keep up the good work
The following users liked this post:
Josh Minassian (Jul 4, 2017)
Old Jul 4, 2017, 03:24 PM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah agreed ^^^

Car is looking mint, but I must admit I have a big soft spot for the X GSR Rims painted in black or silver... What are your plans with your old rims? Will you keep them or sell them?

I have seen you are trying to sell your old rear bar on a few facebook groups I am also a member of, it will be a bit of a struggle unfortunately. Nearly everyone I know who has ever needed to replace a rear bar on a CT9A has opted for a 9 bar instead haha. They definitely look good...
The following users liked this post:
Josh Minassian (Jul 4, 2017)
Old Jul 4, 2017, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by uzumaki
You made it look much better already with the black Grams and new nsw plates. This grey colour is the best too IMO, very cool. Keep up the good work
thankyou mate, i appreciate the kind words....love the grey , was definetly always leaning towards the colour when i was in the market for an evo, however i do have a soft spot for white and black as well
Old Jul 4, 2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by gotblkr
Yeah agreed ^^^

Car is looking mint, but I must admit I have a big soft spot for the X GSR Rims painted in black or silver... What are your plans with your old rims? Will you keep them or sell them?

I have seen you are trying to sell your old rear bar on a few facebook groups I am also a member of, it will be a bit of a struggle unfortunately. Nearly everyone I know who has ever needed to replace a rear bar on a CT9A has opted for a 9 bar instead haha. They definitely look good...
thanks buddy, i still currently have the x rims, contemplating whether to sell or just keep as spares, i was actually thinking of painting them black at one point to see how it would look, obviously didnt get around to it.
pretty happy with the gram lights tho, still sorta getting used to the black with gg however it is starting to grow on me

mate im ready to just give away this rear bar for free lol, nobody wants an 8 rear bar, or may even be a good idea to just keep it ?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 05:05 PM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
If you have the space to keep it I guess it wouldn't be a problem, just keep an eye out for anyone local who might be looking for one if they have an accident etc.

A friend of mine had his VII rear ended and it was actually cheaper for the repair shop to order him in a IX bar instead of a VII. IX bar was a no brainer and I am sure most others would agree...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by gotblkr
If you have the space to keep it I guess it wouldn't be a problem, just keep an eye out for anyone local who might be looking for one if they have an accident etc.

A friend of mine had his VII rear ended and it was actually cheaper for the repair shop to order him in a IX bar instead of a VII. IX bar was a no brainer and I am sure most others would agree...
thats true, could come in handy for someone in a situation like that.

that is really strange, the ix bar is definetly the way to go, but i paid around $800 for the genuine bar, i find it hard to believe the vii bar would cost more than that...
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:58 PM

clean
Old Jul 31, 2017, 09:37 PM

Those Grams tho, car is extremely clean man!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Nice purchase. Looks clean and good job upgrading the wheels as well as the rear bumper. The exhaust looks clean but I’m not feeling that slant tip.

Armen
Old Aug 2, 2017, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
keep the x rims, throw some track rubber on them and get your butt out to Eastern Creek
Old Aug 3, 2017, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Cool!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 09:31 AM

Car looks clean in the pictures, keep it looking good!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 06:36 PM

Black wheels look great on the gray!

Search this Thread